Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How can I post a video, I'm to new on this forum to post a link.

/watch?v=dM2bdkbdJzU&feature=youtu.be

just add youtube!

Quote Originally Posted by Karomome View Post
    How can I post a video, I'm to new on this forum to post a link.

/watch?v=dM2bdkbdJzU&feature=youtu.be

just add youtube!
    I notice you're trying it with the power in the OFF position.
    I is on. O is off.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Just watched the video. Interesting...

I'm going to give it a couple more watches before I draw any conclusions.

When you were flicking the power switch on the back of the PSU, did you hit it twice? It seemed like you hit it twice then tried to start it again (which would be kind of pointless). But I'm sure that wasn't the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    I notice you're trying it with the power in the OFF position.
    I is on. O is off.
    God I feel dumb, well. We're making progress. Now it turns on and everything works for about 5 seconds and turns off. I'll get a video.

God I feel dumb, well. We're making progress. Now it turns on and everything works for about 5 seconds and turns off. I'll get a video.
    *waits for next video* This is kinda fun. haha.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    *waits for next video* This is kinda fun. haha.
    Haha, I'm glad my screwup made someone laugh.

I guess I wasn't wrong when I thought I saw you flick the back switch twice =0

So um, let's see. Flick the rear switch back to off. Push and hold the power button on the front of your case for 30 seconds then release it. Turn the rear switch back to on and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    I guess I wasn't wrong when I thought I saw you flick the back switch twice =0

So um, let's see. Flick the rear switch back to off. Push and hold the power button on the front of your case for 30 seconds then release it. Turn the rear switch back to on and try again.
    I got the video, /watch?v=vtSClY53jYI&feature=youtu.be

Also, I'll try what you're saying next.

One more thing I noticed, is to ensure your dip-switch cables are around the right way. For instance, "Power LED" appears reversed. If you look in your motherboard manual it will tell you which pin is positive and which is negative for each socket, and also on the connectors themselves they should have tiny + and -'s printed on. Make sure these are connected the right way around.

However, that usually shouldn't stop a boot in progress. That's usually something more serious like a power cable to a peripheral (eg, a hard drive) not being firmly connected, like Lluani suggested.

Also, it appears your front USB connector is plugged into the F_1394 (IEEE 1394a Header), rather than your front USB connector. The front USB connector location on the motherboard is immediately to the left of your other dip-switch connections (eg, power, HD led, etc). There's one for USB1 and one for USB2, immediately to the left of that, which presently have nothing connected. It can cause issues if you have your USB connected to the IEEE header, especially if you have USB devices plugged in to the front. (edit: actually, it appears USB3 headers are immediately to the left of your dips, and the USB1/2 connectors left of those)

(Nb: I could be wrong on this last point - your USB connector *may* be all the way to the left, that's just not common design, and it appears the USB connectors are in the middle of the board at the bottom. Or you may be using an IEEE header and no USB, unbeknownst to me It's just an easy mistake to make as IEEE header and USB header have the same connections on the motherboard).
    Last edited by Janaa; 2012-08-15 at 01:50 AM.
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

One more thing I noticed, is to ensure your dip-switch cables are around the right way. For instance, "Power LED" appears reversed. If you look in your motherboard manual it will tell you which pin is positive and which is negative for each socket, and also on the connectors themselves they should have tiny + and -'s printed on. Make sure these are connected the right way around.
    This shouldn't make a difference. Unless he's unplugged them and replugged them back in backwards, he should leave them alone. IE: If they are the same way they always have been, including when they worked, leave them that way. In the case of the power switch, it makes no difference which direction the connector is oriented. All the switch does is connect the two pins (when pressed), which powers the system on. You can do the same with a screwdriver.

Also, it appears your front USB connector is plugged into the F_1394 (IEEE 1394a Header), rather than your front USB connector. The front USB connector location on the motherboard is immediately to the left of your other dip-switch connections (eg, power, HD led, etc). There's one for USB1 and one for USB2, immediately to the left of that, which presently have nothing connected. It can cause issues if you have your USB connected to the IEEE header, especially if you have USB devices plugged in to the front.
    Again, if it's always been this way, he should solve one problem at a time. If it booted like this before, then it's not what's causing it not to boot. If he does indeed have those things plugged in wrong, that can be dealt with later.

However, that usually shouldn't stop a boot in progress. That's usually something more serious like a power cable to a peripheral (eg, a hard drive) not being firmly connected, like Lluani suggested.

Also, it appears your front USB connector is plugged into the F_1394 (IEEE 1394a Header), rather than your front USB connector. The front USB connector location on the motherboard is immediately to the left of your other dip-switch connections (eg, power, HD led, etc). There's one for USB1 and one for USB2, immediately to the left of that, which presently have nothing connected. It can cause issues if you have your USB connected to the IEEE header, especially if you have USB devices plugged in to the front. (edit: actually, it appears USB3 headers are immediately to the left of your dips, and the USB1/2 connectors left of those)

(Nb: I could be wrong on this last point - your USB connector *may* be all the way to the left, that's just not common design, and it appears the USB connectors are in the middle of the board at the bottom. Or you may be using an IEEE header and no USB, unbeknownst to me It's just an easy mistake to make as IEEE header and USB header have the same connections on the motherboard).
    I have my g35 and usually my phone plugged in, the only problem I faced before was that the front audio ports didn't work but I didn't care at the time because my headset was USB.

Looking at the current "it tries to boot then doesn't" problem, there are a few things that come to mind.

1) The power button is jammed. So, when you push it in, it boots, but stays pressed so it's pushing and holding, which causes the system to shut off after a few seconds. *My money's on this ATM. In the first video, you seemed to hit the button pretty hard, in a rather frustrated way. I'm sure that wasn't limited to the video.

2) There is a cable somewhere, possibly the CPU fan connector, that has come unplugged.

3) Some other piece of hardware has become unplugged (although I would expect a beep code if this were the case).

If it was working fine before you unplugged everything, then i would guess something has got to be wired wrong or not plugged right.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Llunai View Post
    This shouldn't make a difference. Unless he's unplugged them and replugged them back in backwards, he should leave them alone. IE: If they are the same way they always have been, including when they worked, leave them that way. In the case of the power switch, it makes no difference which direction the connector is oriented. All the switch does is connect the two pins (when pressed), which powers the system on. You can do the same with a screwdriver.
    Again, if it's always been this way, he should solve one problem at a time. If it booted like this before, then it's not what's causing it not to boot. If he does indeed have those things plugged in wrong, that can be dealt with later.
    Oh absolutely. I didn't intend to suggest he should change these things if he didn't unplug them. If he did unplug them though, then they need to be reconnected properly. And as I said anyway, the things I mentioned shouldn't stop the computer from booting (with the exception perhaps of a device feeding power back into the IEEE socket). It's much more likely a peripheral that isn't connected properly, like you said, or power button being stuck so the device keeps powering itself off, etc. The CPU fan looked solidly connected but its hard to tell from this angle. ^^ That's the only one the system would refuse to boot on if it didn't connect (all other fans being optional).

But yes - to establish and clarify, OP, did you disconnect anything internally to clean? Unplug any devices or cables to reach hard-to-clean spots? If not, were there any wires you came close enough to that you could have inadvertently loosened them?

Compressed air itself rarely causes any issues. Even cans of the stuff only generally produce liquid residue if you're blowing down vertically into the case, and that which it does evaporates almost instantly, so the cleaning itself is unlikely to be an issue.
    Last edited by Janaa; 2012-08-15 at 02:00 AM.

Oh absolutely. I didn't intend to suggest he should change these things if he didn't unplug them. If he did unplug them though, then they need to be reconnected properly. And as I said anyway, the things I mentioned shouldn't stop the computer from booting (with the exception perhaps of a device feeding power back into the IEEE socket). It's much more likely a peripheral that isn't connected properly, like you said, or power button being stuck so the device keeps powering itself off, etc. The CPU fan looked solidly connected but its hard to tell from this angle. ^^ That's the only one the system would refuse to boot on if it didn't connect (all other fans being optional).

But yes - to establish and clarify, OP, did you disconnect anything internally to clean? Unplug any devices or cables to reach hard-to-clean spots?
    Yep yep. Make sure everything that should be connected is. Disconnect everything that you know 100% for sure isn't needed to boot (mouse, phone, printer, dog, etc). See what it does at that point.

Okay,

No I didn't remove anything but the sidepanels when I was cleaning. I haven't taken it apart since I put it together

Nothing is plugged in but the power cable

Okay,

No I didn't remove anything but the sidepanels when I was cleaning. I haven't taken it apart since I put it together

Nothing is plugged in but the power cable
    Maybe also plug in the monitor if that doesn't work - some motherboards won't finish powering up if a monitor isn't connected (though this behavior can usually be changed in BIOS on such systems). Actually, noticed monitor isn't connected on first video - has it been at all, all this time?

edit: Woot, 1000 posts.. last post. ><

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually interesting to watch :P hope you fix it man, expecting it's just a plug in the wrong way round or something rather than it actually being shorted out due to the cleaning
    PC Specs
    Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower - CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K - CPU Cooler: Titan Fenrir Evo Extreme - Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO - RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600 - GPU: 2GB GTX 680 - SSD: 120GB Intel 520 Series - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB - PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750

Maybe also plug in the monitor if that doesn't work - some motherboards won't finish powering up if a monitor isn't connected (though this behavior can usually be changed in BIOS on such systems). Actually, noticed monitor isn't connected on first video - has it been at all, all this time?

edit: Woot, 1000 posts.. last post. ><
    Just tried that and it didn't make a difference. I may just leave it and take it to this computer store that I got a free giftcard too

Quote Originally Posted by Ðareak View Post
    This is actually interesting to watch :P hope you fix it man, expecting it's just a plug in the wrong way round or something rather than it actually being shorted out due to the cleaning
    I hope so to, I'm getting eager to browse reddit for hours on end and play some starcraft.

Only thing that comes to mind is something is not seated properly like your CPU or RAM. Excuse me if I missed it, but did you take the computer apart to clean it or did you just take the case outside and blast it out?

Just saw where u said only the side panels. Try unplugging all unnecessary stuff such as hard drives and CD drives and then try it again.
    Last edited by Helieos; 2012-08-15 at 02:24 AM.
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite