Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    sounds good. Something like this has been expected for years tbh. A way to show events in a dramatic enough fashion outside of a dungeon. Still i can imagine after the first time most people will be "GOGOGO" and not explore at all.

Deleted
    scenarios will probably be a good place to learn new players raid mechanics, good idea.

Scenarios will much more casual. I guess we can compare them with how the WotlK dungeans were run at the very end of the expansion.

Everybody had a quick 15 minutes fun, everybody happy. No down times. No headaches.

As I read it: the big difference is the dynamic nature of things but ...

I thought you needed to go to the place n the open world where scenarios are played ...

I don't like the idea of joining scenarios from within the dungeon finder ...

Cross server open world zones should help keep the scenarios fresh but ONLY if you can join them from the world zone you are playing in...

Any confirmation about that ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    competition between companies = win for us all
    Pretty much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Scenarios will much more casual. I guess we can compare them with how the WotlK dungeans were run at the very end of the expansion.

Everybody had a quick 15 minutes fun, everybody happy. No down times. No headaches.
    yeah yeah right, I remember this 15 minutes "fun" in HoS, HoL, Kingdom of Ahn'kahet, or Halls of Reflections (where most tanks were just leaving at start)

The World of Warcraft Game Designers name is LeCraft. That's funny.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 08:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I thought you needed to go to the place n the open world where scenarios are played ...
    I don't like the idea of joining scenarios from within the dungeon finder ...
    People are very lazy. If they had to travel to the scenarios nobody would play them. They would be the next Halaa in Nagrand.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

after testing them, all I can say is they are way too easy, require little to no coordination, are disappointing, boring after the first playthrough and some are even somewhat long. They are basically phased group quests. Several of them use the barely used locations on map you wondered why are they even there (Greenstone village, the other in Jade Forest). I bet the only cool is the Theramore, which isnt open for testing. The only reason behind them is to give us yet another way to farm small amounts of valor tbh

Deleted
    tested them on beta. plain boring and a waste of my time

Scenarios are a joke. THey are obviously designed for DPS to run through. Any class that comes in as healer or Tank will be taking alot of flak cause they have zero role in the instance. FACT!
    Last edited by Deadanon; 2012-08-15 at 10:34 AM.

Brace yourself, GW2 fanboys are coming.

No but seriously, I'm fairly sure that these scenarios are unique from the GW2 world bosses and whatnot. I haven't tested scenarios on the MoP beta, but I have done tons of world events in GW2 and I very much doubt they'll be even similar. And also, HOW can people be so stupid that they believe the ruler of mmorpgs wants to copy from a game that's not out, that's not been proven a success? GW2 is hyped, it's loved, people want it...but so was SWTOR. Don't forget that. It might become a huge success, it might fall flat in the future. Those that hype and love it now, might change their minds...especially when seeing how so many have a tendency to evolve the "Ex partner"-syndrome with games.

The more options in the various games, the better. I won't moan that this one copies the other buuaaah, ESPECIALLY not when the features are worlds apart.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deadanon View Post
    Scenarios are a joke. THey are obviously designed for DPS to run through. Any class that comes in as healer or Tank will be taking alot of flak cause they have zero role in the instance. FACT!
    Derp? It says loud and clear, you don't need healer or tank, they're useless or at best a helper in healers case. L2dps with your class.

I'm glad that there's an activity that doesn't make me depend on strangers with moodswings.

Deleted
    So, for all of us who prefer playing healers or tanks will have no place in Scenarios?
    Thanks Blizz, way to alienate 30-40% of the player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    any idea what time the cinematics being shown today?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Derp? It says loud and clear, you don't need healer or tank, they're useless or at best a helper in healers case. L2dps with your class.

I'm glad that there's an activity that doesn't make me depend on strangers with moodswings.
    "L2dps with your class"?

Sure, I can reroll as DPS. Or just quit playing, since I don't find DPS as fun as what I do play (healer/tank) in my case.

Or queue up for LFD for hours where the wait times will be ike horrible for healers and tank because all the DPS are in the Scenario queue.

They already almost eliminated the need for tanks in LFR (1-2 is enough when back in TBC 4-5 was needed for 25-mans) and now they are going down the "3-man dungeon" route with healers/tanks not even being welcome.

The success of WoW/MMO was to a large extent thanks ti the need for various different classes to cooperate. Step by step Blizzard have eliminated this by simultanously first homogenizing roles so that all healers, tanks and dps are increasingly identical respectively so you essentially have just 3 "classes" (roles). Then further by step by step decreasing the size of groups: 40-mans became 25 mans, then 25-mans increasingly being phased out in favor of 10-mans, the remaining 25-mans needing less and less healers and tanks, now 5-mans are being reduced to 3-mans by entirely eliminating tanks and healers.

If you look at the overall pattern, WoW has over the years moved more and more towards the end goal of turning it into a single-player game. The "Multiplayer" part is constantly shrinking.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    scenarios will probably be a good place to learn new players raid mechanics, good idea.
    Scenarios will be a good place to teach players raid without tanks and healers. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    Or queue up for LFD for hours where the wait times will be ike horrible for healers and tank because all the DPS are in the Scenario queue.

They already almost eliminated the need for tanks in LFR (1-2 is enough when back in TBC 4-5 was needed for 25-mans) and now they are going down the "3-man dungeon" route with healers/tanks not even being welcome.

The success of WoW/MMO was to a large extent thanks ti the need for various different classes to cooperate. Step by step Blizzard have eliminated this by simultanously first homogenizing roles so that all healers, tanks and dps are increasingly identical respectively so you essentially have just 3 "classes" (roles). Then further by step by step decreasing the size of groups: 40-mans became 25 mans, then 25-mans increasingly being phased out in favor of 10-mans, the remaining 25-mans needing less and less healers and tanks, now 5-mans are being reduced to 3-mans by entirely eliminating tanks and healers.

If you look at the overall pattern, WoW has over the years moved more and more towards the end goal of turning it into a single-player game. The "Multiplayer" part is constantly shrinking.
    You could, I dunno, queue up for a scenario as a tank/healer with a guild group? or just not do them at all! by the looks of things there seems to finally be plenty to do at level cap.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 07:43 AM ----------

Scenarios will be a good place to teach players raid without tanks and healers. Makes sense.
    It'll be a good place to teach players that hey! sometimes when the big enemy with high health does a fancy looking attack, you might wanna make sure you're not taking it to the face.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

I wasn't sure about whether I was going to play MoP, just due to time constraints and generally losing interest, but this is renewing some of that lost interest and the $39.99 for the digital version doesn't seem like such a waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    i doubt scenarios wont be so hard that a group of healers could finish it. If they are then im sure blizzard will fix it.

I'm looking forward to it. The only thing i could add is to keep listening to your fans and improve systems.

Cant wait for this Looks good and fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    Seems to me like they were trying to counter the GW2 dungeon system really.. Hope it ends up being great.
    no they aren't. This is nothing like gw2 dungeons at all, seriously they dont need to counter gw2 dungeons because wow has their own style of dunegons already.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 12:40 PM ----------

So, for all of us who prefer playing healers or tanks will have no place in Scenarios?
    Do you quest as a healer or tank? no so stfu, this is supposed to mimic group questing..

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    I agree.I like the Guild Wars 2 dynamic quest system so Blizzard putting these scenarios in Warcraft will add a little dynamic flavor to Warcraft too.Pretty awesome that they are going to add more with each content patch.
    this has nothing to do with GW2. This is simply to try and bring back group questing. And quite frankly i think GW2 should fear wow. No end game is really not going to get them anywhere is it? especially when we've seen many mmos fail because there isnt anything to do when you reach level cap. Sorry, truth hurts

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Just what I was thinking.
    I'm really unimpressed by this. It seems like a lame attempt at trying to be a little more like Guild Wars 2's Events and Hearts.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 07:10 AM ----------

They want to be GW2.
    Ohh look what we have here a gw2 fanboy. Hey creamy flames, why you so mad? it seems you are just raging at the screen because of scenarios. You look intimidated, chill bro, its cool i think the GW2 forums are a few clicks away, how about you go cry to your buddies about the terrifying things you saw today in the wow forums

Don't stress mate besides the start of cata where heroic dungeons were a decent challenge , Post TBC nothing outside of HM raids is difficult now, you could clear these with 3 tanks with 1 tank being afk the whole time.

Yes it might take a bit longer but like many have said I doubt players will run them more then a few times before sticking to just hc dungeons which are going back to WOTLK difficulty and in some cases even easier from the start.