Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    "L2dps with your class"?

Sure, I can reroll as DPS. Or just quit playing, since I don't find DPS as fun as what I do play (healer/tank) in my case.

Or queue up for LFD for hours where the wait times will be ike horrible for healers and tank because all the DPS are in the Scenario queue.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 11:35 AM ----------

So LFD might be as crappy for healers and tanks in MoP as it is for dps in cata with wait times of 20 to 40 min? Sounds fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Just what I was thinking.
    I'm really unimpressed by this. It seems like a lame attempt at trying to be a little more like Guild Wars 2's Events and Hearts.[COLOR="red"]

They want to be GW2.
    Except GW2's dynamic events are nothing like the example given. There's nothing in GW2 like being able to approach a ship with different tactics and have a different outcome. GW2's dynamic events are basically "Go to an area, kill some bears or collect some nuts or chop down some trees to progress the bar, fail or win" and a ton of variations thereof.

WoW scenarios don't exactly sound like that...
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

10+ Year Old Account
    DM: More Scenarios! We’ve got a lot of really cool ideas, and this is content that we hope to make even more of as we start producing post-expansion content patches.
    Where have I heard that one before? Ah yeah, Archeaology? By more I sure hope they mean more than 1 per patch.

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    So, for all of us who prefer playing healers or tanks will have no place in Scenarios?
    Thanks Blizz, way to alienate 30-40% of the player base.
    30-40% of the player base? If that were the case we would have well under 5 minute queues for DPS in the dungeons.

That aside, I haven't heard anyone mention enrage timers on these scenarios so why would someone queuing as a Tank or Healer cause the group problems? Tanks do decent enough damage these days and most healers can still do some damage. Additionally there is always dual spec if you feel you absolutely must DPS for these.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    Where have I heard that one before? Ah yeah, Archeaology? By more I sure hope they mean more than 1 per patch.
    We all know they won't release much content with each patch. These scenarios are a copy of Rift's Instant Adventure queues. Everytime they copy something, it gets a once over and then never revisited again.

Deleted
    So it's basically a dungeon + collecting bear asses? Cos that's the vibe I'm getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Throrion View Post
    Except GW2's dynamic events are nothing like the example given. There's nothing in GW2 like being able to approach a ship with different tactics and have a different outcome. GW2's dynamic events are basically "Go to an area, kill some bears or collect some nuts or chop down some trees to progress the bar, fail or win" and a ton of variations thereof.

WoW scenarios don't exactly sound like that...

they are EXACTLY like that. You kill anything red, you ignore any mechanics from lolbosses and sometimes you do stuff to fill your bar by picking up random sh1t, more often than not some beverage. WOOP!

So basically they will be like Molten Front giants - but more mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I wasn't sure about whether I was going to play MoP, just due to time constraints and generally losing interest, but this is renewing some of that lost interest and the $39.99 for the digital version doesn't seem like such a waste.
    Dont forget that sub for a month is NOT included. So its $55... not $40.

Just hope they do Scenarios for 1-58 / 58-70 / 68-80 / 80-85 also

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Scenarios will much more casual. I guess we can compare them with how the WotlK dungeans were run at the very end of the expansion.

Everybody had a quick 15 minutes fun, everybody happy. No down times. No headaches.

As I read it: the big difference is the dynamic nature of things but ...

I thought you needed to go to the place n the open world where scenarios are played ...

I don't like the idea of joining scenarios from within the dungeon finder ...

Cross server open world zones should help keep the scenarios fresh but ONLY if you can join them from the world zone you are playing in...

Any confirmation about that ?
    They are easier than those dungeons, as any three players can do them. There is some downtime in some of the scenarios, waiting for the NPC to walk forward or a new part of the event to start. You queue for Scenarios like you queue for dungeons right now, there is no place in the world to go to queue for them.

Closer to group quests than dungeons in terms of difficulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolvers View Post
    Just hope they do Scenarios for 1-58 / 58-70 / 68-80 / 80-85 also
    Like in Warhammer Online? That was really cool, but good luck finding players for a lvl 10 scenario in 1 year.