Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    So the ridiculous legendaries like the 300% (almost) crit 1.5k DPS 2h will make every other weapon plummet in value as all the people who have the gold to spend will have one and have fun critting 2m damage with bash while everyone else is stuck with 40k dps and any upgrade costing 20m a piece.
    So you found a way to complain.

Great keep up the effort. More footprints incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Not like you need it to play the game I mean for god sakes they're nerfing it so you can even do it in blues

Just sayin
    Pretty much, clearing the game is already a joke, but the point of ARPGs is to perfect your character and get as high a stats as you can. The legendary buff will do nothing but send the price of mediocre/good items down and the godly items up. Every person will eventually reach the point where they've maxxed their character as much as they can with their gold and the only way they can increase it is to farm and sell mediocre items for tiny profits or get lucky with a legendary/set drop and sell it for 300m.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Pretty much, clearing the game is already a joke, but the point of ARPGs is to perfect your character and get as high a stats as you can. The legendary buff will do nothing but send the price of mediocre/good items down and the godly items up. Every person will eventually reach the point where they've maxxed their character as much as they can with their gold and the only way they can increase it is to farm and sell mediocre items for tiny profits or get lucky with a legendary/set drop and sell it for 300m.

Isn't that the end goal of Diablo ? Doing the content over with more power than ever before and downing that boss in 18 seconds straight instead of 1 minute ?

It is the Rob Pardo game philosophy after all: make every player feels he is over powerd.

As for the real challenge: play hardcore.

... getting all classes up to lvl 60 and clearing Act 2 will take most players happy until the next expansion.

PvP incoming in Nov I guess now.

Deleted
    you guys should not take this stats from the pics guaranted^^ this pics are made to show the extra affixes

firewalkers will NOT have 300 dex and 100 vit^^ thats a max roll lol or 192% ctidmg^^

this pics are made to show you how good legendary CAN BE

Some of those affixes are awesome.

Shielding?! Yes please!

Lookin forward to seeing those legendaries not drop for me. :P

The new legendary items will only replace whats considered best right now, the rich will still be rich and the poor will still have the same opportunity as everyone else to become rich, nothing really changes but what item is considered to be the best.

So the ridiculous legendaries like the 300% (almost) crit 1.5k DPS 2h will make every other weapon plummet in value as all the people who have the gold to spend will have one and have fun critting 2m damage with bash while everyone else is stuck with 40k dps and any upgrade costing 20m a piece.

Cause 2 handers already had such a high value in the first place....

Deleted
    Will come back to farm some legendarys and sell them on rmah before MoP hits.

Is it bad I was drooling the whole time while reading that and watching the video?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Cause 2 handers already had such a high value in the first place....
    You do know he is right on rmah I can see people mostly buying legendaries a week after patch whether it will be one-hand or 2-hand weapons.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know having legendaries drop when after the blog is making me emo now like /cries

http://i.imgur.com/jClx4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    You know having legendaries drop when after the blog is making me emo now like /cries

http://i.imgur.com/jClx4.jpg
    Well at least the stash of old crap once gets worth something now looking at the price for brimstones.

Very cool stuff, however, one item highlights for me that the people designing the game our out of touch with the theorycraft. Fragment of Destiny shown is touted as a melee wizard item with the following stats:

794 DPS
    Cold Fire and Lightning Skills deal ~28% more damage
    +123 int
    5% attack speed
    38% spectral blade damage

So this weapon is unusable for a melee wizard. Melee wizards weapons need some combination of Life on Hit, Arcane Power on Crit, and if you want to deal good damage then critical hit damage. Also melee wizards rarely use spectral blades anymore, most builds now are centered around wicked wind and explosive blast combined with the defensive skills. You want a legendary weapon for a melee wizard, you want something like:

800 DPS
    5% attack speed
    100% crit damage
    20 arcane power on crit (since legendaries can have their own affixes)
    150 int
    Increases the critical hit chance of energy twister by 12%
    Increases the damage of explosive blast by 30%
    Socket

That would make a melee wizard drool. The item in the blog shows blizzard is only mildly paying attention to what is actually going on in their game and makes me expect a number of these legendaries will not end up being used how blizzard thinks they should. The affixes are powerful enough that new builds might arise around the legendaries however, which I guess works out reasonably.

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    you guys should not take this stats from the pics guaranted^^ this pics are made to show the extra affixes

firewalkers will NOT have 300 dex and 100 vit^^ thats a max roll lol or 192% ctidmg^^

this pics are made to show you how good legendary CAN BE
    Boots can have that already with 80 resist and 12 m.speed too then there's still room for 2 more stat. The stats seem very likely to be accurate, it's just they will have ranges, which is expected.

Also @ the crit, expect to see that on rares. That is how they are going to balance 2 handers. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 sockets on some 2handers either.

It is worth emphasizing that legendaries will have much smaller ranges though. It still has random properties though. In the case of the firewalkers that roll was probably the all resist/dex/vit. The molten effect is a "free" stat.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-08-15 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Those fucking fire walkers.

Deleted
    Looks good.

However, I doubt I'll be playing as much as before, since I have all classes max level. And thus I will probably not even find any new Legendaries.
    Still, it's a good change. And together with the other changes, this is certainly a big improvement for Diablo 3. I don't think it's enough to make the game truly as enjoyable and replayable as Diablo 2, but any improvement is welcome at this point.

300% crit damage on one single item, what the hell do they have in mind? (not to mention 100% chance 9k bleed)
    They should be paving the way to pvp, and they do this?
    How are they going to handle this kind of ridiculous bullshit?
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    300% crit damage on one single item, what the hell do they have in mind? (not to mention 100% chance 9k bleed)
    They should be paving the way to pvp, and they do this?
    How are they going to handle this kind of ridiculous bullshit?
    I'd say something very very offensive but I wouldn't have a clean slate anymore. PVP was never meant to be balanced in Diablo

It wasn't in D1 - D2 - LoD - Same thing with D3 with... wow influence apparently

Yea of course it will never be balanced, but stuff like this will make it even more ridiculous than it would have been.
    And I'd believe they would want to make it as nice as it could be, not just add some arenas there and that's about it.
    One thing is being aware pvp won't be balanced, another is COMPLETELY destroying it from the start, being hopeless and carelessly adding overpowered stats like that.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deleted
    Well at least the stash of old crap once gets worth something now looking at the price for brimstones.
    ye they skyrocket now - but they will go much higher

once the patch drops there will not be a lot legendarys salvaged anymore