Poll: What quality do you look for in a hardcore gamer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Someone who plays online FPS and Final Destination on PC. Everyone else is a casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    I can't help but think of this picture.

(FOUL LANGUAGE AHEAD, CAPTIAN)

http://i.imgur.com/e79Z8.jpg

I fit somewhere between Retro Gamer and Pro Gamer.
    Ronery is so high on faggotry...
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-08-15 at 04:58 AM.

Time spent is enough for me really. I know it isent always right, but atleast if you spend alot of time in-game chances are you're somewhat hard-core.

After that comes progress at close 1#

Deleted
    Being hardcore is about dedication and commitment.

It's not necessarily tied to play-time etc. but it does factor in.

Deleted
    Seen a korean Starcraft 2 pro? thats a hardcore gamer

"Hardcore gamer" is for me someone who dedicates his/her whole life to gaming. Simple as that.
    It's not just time spent, but also passion.
    If you want to detect someone like that (because most likely he isn't even famous) you have to search for people knwoing literally everything about video games.
    When there is a new game coming up, s/he might be able to tell you not just every single thing about the game itself but also what the birthdate and favorite color of the wife of the third most important concept artist of the game are.
    You can tell him a letter and a year and s/he may be able to list you at least 3 video game titles starting with this letter and released in this year.

It has nothing to do with beeing the best player of one particular game or making a living with gaming imho.
    You may call them pro gamer or whatever - but they're not hardcore gamers. Not for me.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral