Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I think all stories in SWTOR was pretty good as long I played it. It's decent game in that aspect and I can't wait to go F2P so I can play more and finish stories

I'm trying to make a Light Side chick out of my IA but damn it's hard! I hate the LS choices!
    Last edited by Azurenys; 2012-08-17 at 10:31 PM.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

I remember going out of my way to play the force focused versions of the Sith and Jedi classes; the Jedi Consular and Sith Inquisitor. In theory it should have been something that gave you a way to experience the Jedi (or Sith) as never before. They'd hinted at far more Force focused Sith and Jedi in films and books, all over, but you never really got to play one in a game prior. Not in a way free from other distractions anyway. Even KotOR still had to work around a theme that hindered exploration of the concept, even though you could roll a character geared toward said concept.

The result in SWTOR was that when I played during closed beta, and onward, I found the Consular.. to be one disappointment after another. They were finally free to explore the concept.. and they didn't. They even reused portions of the Jedi Knight, rather than allowing the Consular to remain its own story, right down to the Lightsaber, to such an extent that during the Cutscene where you get your Lightsaber.. it's not yours. It's the Jedi Knights, blue and everything (back when I played at least, and yes, that was also after release) rather than the green your Saber actually turns out to be. The focus on the Saber, rather than the force, in the starting area not withstanding there was so much potential to really explore the depths and secrets of the Force from a story perspective, in the inquisitor as well, that.. the results just didn't add up.

Every time I thought the story was really going to go that direction, it pulled back or it went another direction or, in the few instances it actually did, it half assed it. That is my opinion of course, people may not agree. They're allowed to not agree. I just won't be able to see their view of things no matter how much they explain it. Damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    I'm trying to make a Light Side chick out of my IA but damn it's hard! I hate the LS choices!
    I tried to do the same thing, the Imperial Agent was the only non-Force user that interested me. I was really curious, and had this entire concept of going full light side choices.. but the dark side choices were just so much better. The IA was easily my favorite story experience of SWTOR, despite any issues I had beyond the story. That much, at least, worked out.
    Last edited by Purple; 2012-08-18 at 08:24 PM.

Honestly felt all of the Republic stories were super lame. Jedi Knight seemed the most interesting but the playstyle was very... dull. After you run through level 50 on a Sith Warrior, I guess it can feel dull no matter the story.

Anywho... Jedi Knight was good. Trooper Act 1 was decent. Smuggler... snoozefest.

Deleted
    I kinda liked the Smuggler's Storyline - Light Sided. It is hilarious and you get to hit on every chick in the planet.

My Smuggler is probably one of my favorite stories. I played him mostly light side, but when it came to the big decisions I generally picked dark side. When it came to all of the little light side choices like helping people then my Smuggler did those. But the big choices at the end where it became helping the Republic or helping my wallet, I always chose my wallet. Smuggler was easily one of my favorite in the game. I really felt like I was just forging my own adventure.