Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People who say Michael Jordan without a question are most likely people who don't follow the NBA anymore. Lebron James is probably the best basketball player who has ever been on this planet, talentwise and skill wise, even MJ is miles away. All that is holding him back right now is rings, if King James gets his 7 rings which he's aiming for, he'll be the greatest ever.
    Last edited by mmoc18049c7cff; 2012-08-18 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    People who say Michael Jordan without a question are most likely people who don't follow the NBA anymore. Lebron James is probably the best basketball player who has ever been on this planet, talentwise and skill wise, even MJ is miles away. All that is holding him back right now is rings, if King James gets his 7 rings which he's aiming for, he'll be the greatest ever.
    He is aiming for seven rings tho, to "prove" he is better thn MJ, which he isnt. And by your logic anyone who thinks LBJ is a better player the MJ wasent old enough to understand the sport when MJ was playing. All these 16yr old love LBJ and he isnt all that incredible, not to mention he is a cry baby and a poor sport. Cant wait to see Miami lose this year which is sad to say because DWade is a good man who deserves to win.
    Last edited by A Day to Remember; 2012-08-18 at 08:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    He is aiming for seven rings tho, to "prove" he is better thn MJ, which he isnt. And by your logic anyone who thinks LBJ is a better player the MJ wasent old enough to understand the sport when MJ was playing. All these 16yr old love LBJ and he isnt all that incredible, not to mention he is a cry baby and a poor sport. Cant wait to see Miami lose this year which is sad to say because DWade is a good man who deserves to win.
    Another one who just hates on King James because he's the best. Why don't you acknowledge how good he actually is?

He is a beast, hard to believe he's human sometimes.
    Last edited by mmoc18049c7cff; 2012-08-18 at 09:12 AM.

Another one who just hates on King James because he's the best. Why don't you acknowledge how good he actually is?

He is a beast, hard to believe he's human sometimes.
    Except when he is crying like a bitch on the sidelines, its easy to see it then. It will be funny to see who he gets traded to after this year. And i recognize his talent, he is a fairly talented guy, he is a big guy, and he has worked hard for what he has accomplished. But to say what he has accomplished and what he is doing is anywhere MJs talent is ridiculous, MJ is a living legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WR86xLSITc

Please watch that video, and dont stop :45 seconds through it, MJ is the greatest player of all time, and i doubt anyone will rival him in any of our lifetimes. If you think LBJ is better then MJ then youre too young to form an opinion. Simple as that.

Deleted
    Except when he is crying like a bitch on the sidelines, its easy to see it then. It will be funny to see who he gets traded to after this year. And i recognize his talent, he is a fairly talented guy, he is a big guy, and he has worked hard for what he has accomplished. But to say what he has accomplished and what he is doing is anywhere MJs talent is ridiculous, MJ is a living legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WR86xLSITc

Please watch that video, and dont stop :45 seconds through it, MJ is the greatest player of all time, and i doubt anyone will rival him in any of our lifetimes. If you think LBJ is better then MJ then youre too young to form an opinion. Simple as that.
    If you're saying LBJ is nowhere near MJ, then you don't follow the NBA anymore. Simple as that.

I do agree that MJ is greater as it is now, but if King James reaches 7 championships(we all know how much these means) he will be just as great as MJ, if not better. He can even surpass him. In my opinion LBJ is a way more talented and skilled player than MJ, all he's lacking is the championships.

Also, to say he's a fairly talented guy is just bullshit. He's absolutely brilliant.
    Last edited by mmoc18049c7cff; 2012-08-18 at 09:45 AM.

If you're saying LBJ is nowhere near MJ, then you don't follow the NBA anymore. Simple as that.

I do agree that MJ is greater as it is now, but if King James reaches 7 championships(we all know how much these means) he will be just as great as MJ, if not better. He can even surpass him. In my opinion LBJ is a way more talented and skilled player than MJ, all he's lacking is the championships.

Also, to say he's a fairly talented guy is just bullshit. He's absolutely brilliant.
    Championships dont make the player, he isnt now nor will he ever be as good as MJ was. MJ is an absolute genius, he redefined the game, there was nobody like him in the league when he played and there wont be another one like him for a very long time. MJ is simply a better player, i dont know how else i can put this for you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Why do you keep saying he'll be the best if he reaches 7 Championships? Championships are as much about having a great team around you as anything else. You could be the best player in the world and not be able to carry a bad team to them. Not the best way to measure who's the greatest player.

Anyway, your opinion is up to you. But the majority of pundits say MJ, outside this thread as well as here.

Having had the privilege of watching MJ play when he was in his prime as well as having kept up to date with all of the recent happenings you just can't compare Jordan to anyone. Closest to his style of play is probably Kobe. Obviously right now LBJ is overall the most skilled player as Kobe has aged past his prime. But, nobody can really compare to Jordan. You had to watch him play back then to really know. Watching youtube videos and hearing things just doesn't cut it.

LBJ, Kobe, Durant, Rose, Duncan, every other top 20 player in the league right now, they aren't even close.
    Last edited by Kakera; 2012-08-18 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldred View Post
    Why do you keep saying he'll be the best if he reaches 7 Championships? Championships are as much about having a great team around you as anything else. You could be the best player in the world and not be able to carry a bad team to them. Not the best way to measure who's the greatest player.

Anyway, your opinion is up to you. But the majority of pundits say MJ, outside this thread as well as here.
    Championships means a lot...

Championships means a lot...
    About a player? No, it is the accomplishment of a team. He isnt a good player because his team won rings... not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a huge LeBron fan, and even I have to admit that Jordan is overall a much better player than LeBron James. He's a better shooter, a better scorer, and has more basketball IQ. LeBron is a better defender and a MUCH more explosive athlete, but that can't carry a team the way Jordan did for many years. We'll see what the future holds for LeBron, but right now I think he's in that second tier of the greats with players like Kobe and Kareem. Jordan is in a tier of his own.

Deleted
    About a player? No, it is the accomplishment of a team. He isnt a good player because his team won rings... not at all.
    False. As a great player you should make your teammates better, which King James does. Also, if you go through your entire career without a championship you'll never be considered one of the all time greats - greatness is also measured by rings, and your ability to win, not just how skilled you are. Also, LBJ is a better defender than MJ, a much better rebounder and a better passer. To just dismiss everything about LBJ with so many years of his career left is just utter bullshit, he's just entering his prime right now.
    Last edited by mmoc18049c7cff; 2012-08-18 at 10:16 AM.

- second all-time in steals in NBA history
    - third all-time in steals per game in NBA history
    - Defensive Player of the Year
    - nine-time All-Defensive Team selection

Oh thats right MJ wasent a defensive player at all. Mind you this isnt even half of his defensive accomplishments, MJ is the best player to ever play the game accept it and quit making yourself look like a child.

Deleted
    - second all-time in steals in NBA history
    - third all-time in steals per game in NBA history
    - Defensive Player of the Year
    - nine-time All-Defensive Team selection

Oh thats right MJ wasent a defensive player at all. Mind you this isnt even half of his defensive accomplishments, MJ is the best player to ever play the game accept it and quit making yourself look like a child.
    Do you know Lebron James is still active? Stop making yourself look like a child..

Also, instead of discussion the matter, you call other people "child" because they don't agree with you, doesn't that make you childish? No need to start calling people names.
    Last edited by mmoc18049c7cff; 2012-08-18 at 10:42 AM.

Do you know Lebron James is still active? Stop making yourself look like a child..

Also, instead of discussion the matter, you call other people childs because they don't agree with you, doesn't that make you childish? No need to start calling people names.
    I dont care if you agree with me, but youre wrong. There is absolutley no way LBJ is better then MJ, not in this world.

Deleted
    I dont care if you agree with me, but youre wrong. There is absolutley no way LBJ is better then MJ, not in this world.
    I seriously can't take you serious anymore, LBJ is only 27 and has many years left and you're already judging him.

Also the stats you linked, LBJ is on his way to surpass those easily. You're comparing MJ entire career stats and accomplishments to LBJ current stats and accomplisments - which you can't do.

Also, you're wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc18049c7cff; 2012-08-18 at 10:51 AM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats with all this 6 and 7 rings makes you the greatest bullshit look I love Robert Horry hes got like a 7 rings hes not the greatest player ever not even close. The only thing that Jordan has better then Lebron besides a jump shot was his will to win and that is the thing Jordan brought the most to the table.

LBJ has one ring in a strike shortened season riddled with injuries. Lets at least let him win one real ring before we compare him to all time greats.

Jordan got great calls but lebraun gets even more, the series gots tight and he made 5 fouls in 3 games. If we had real refs he wouldnt seem like such a dominate player.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    LBJ has one ring in a strike shortened season riddled with injuries. Lets at least let him win one real ring before we compare him to all time greats.

Jordan got great calls but lebraun gets even more, the series gots tight and he made 5 fouls in 3 games. If we had real refs he wouldnt seem like such a dominate player.
    Stop posting. Please.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

Phil Jackson said the same thing about Tim Duncan and the spurs when they won there first ring before they won 3 more just saying.