Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Pit Lord HBpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rockies
    Posts
    2,425
    Michael Jordan. Only sports start on the planet who got me to buy a product because he was endorsing it.

    Thanks, Michael! I AM more comfortable in Hanes underwear!
    Atheist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-equal rights for e...v...e...r...y...o...n...e

  2. #142
    I think for the moment you would have to go with Michael Jordan. Everyone knows who he is and it did definitely bring more interest to basketball. I do believe however that by the end of his career there is a good chance that Lebron James would be considered at the same level as Jordan.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimside View Post
    I think for the moment you would have to go with Michael Jordan. Everyone knows who he is and it did definitely bring more interest to basketball. I do believe however that by the end of his career there is a good chance that Lebron James would be considered at the same level as Jordan.
    That is true.. Lebron james will be the 2nd best of all time if not the best after he retires. Jordan is the GOAT right now

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 01:57 AM ----------

    and Kobe is probably top 15 player.. nothing special the guy can only shoot thats all..
    he needs big centres like shaq/bynum and gasol to carry him..
    next player to carry him is howard

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    That is true.. Lebron james will be the 2nd best of all time if not the best after he retires. Jordan is the GOAT right now

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-19 at 01:57 AM ----------

    and Kobe is probably top 15 player.. nothing special the guy can only shoot thats all..
    he needs big centres like shaq/bynum and gasol to carry him..
    next player to carry him is howard
    and Lebron needed Wade and Bosh to carry him?

    See what I did there? How can you say Kobe needs help to win and then use Lebron as your example of someone who doesnt. Thats the whole reason he left Cleveland he was stating he cant do it without other superstars. And Wade/Bosh are much greater players than Gasol/Bynum or Shaq/Fischer or whoever u wanna use as that 3rd wheel.

  5. #145

  6. #146
    I'd put Kobe and Jordan in the same breath, easily. I don't think Lebron's game has enough facets to it to be considered as good as either of those two.

  7. #147
    Michael Jordan, hands down. Although I've always been a fan of Spud Webb.

  8. #148

  9. #149
    Bloodsail Admiral WillFeral's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Bend
    Posts
    1,046
    I'm gonna go with John Koncak.
    Here come the Irish.

  10. #150
    MJ with Kobe second. Lebron might be top 5 when it's all said and done, but really I found his title to be bought. He was tired of being told he's never win so he jumped ship to Miami and loaded up on talent. It was the only way he'd ever win. How is that fair? Pathetic. JMO.

  11. #151
    Brewmaster Shon237's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Funkytown
    Posts
    1,498
    I see most going with MJ, which I agree.

    Anybody who says Kobe are delusional. I hate when they compare Kobe's 5 championships to MJ's six. Kobe won 3 of those with Shaq and two of those Shaq was the man carrying Kobe to wins. The other I will give Kobe and Shaq equall footing. The last two are all Kobe and he deserves those as much as MJ but no way does he come close to MJ. Kobe was good and notch below but no way better. Also if you try to say MJ had Pippen and try to compare Pippen to Shaq you are smoking something.

    Lebron is probably the greatest talent I have ever seen but he would have to reel off alot more championships but in the end he did ditch the Cav's to go play with Wade and the Heat.

    Magic Jonhson is 2nd greatest.
    Last edited by Shon237; 2012-09-19 at 09:50 PM.

  12. #152
    MJ! not many has achieved as much as he did.

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Greatness in the NBA seems to be measured by rings. On that premise alone, only one man can be called the greatest ever.

    BILL RUSSELL

    Nobody in ANY sport in the United States, ANY, comes even remotely close to his eleven titles. When you have more rings than fingers, you are the greatest.
    Yogi bera has 10

  14. #154
    MJ and then Magic honestly the things MJ did sometimes were just insane from an athletic point of view and had nothing to do with his basketball expertise which was also amazing. Not to say other people haven't done amazing things recently like Lebron but the league just isn't the same anymore and not quite so physical and for this reason its extremely hard to compare

  15. #155
    I'm going to go with Steve Kerr

  16. #156
    Field Marshal Shadowfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    From a pure athletic talent view, Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest ever. The man was completely unstoppable and would decide to lead a specific category each season and then go out and do it. Lead points..done. Lead in rebounds...done. Lead in women shagged...done.

    But the greatest player ever from a competitive standpoint was unquestionably Michael Jordan.
    Seems most are too young to comprehend the sexual prowess of Wilt the Stilt in here. It saddens me that I had to get to the second page of this post before his name was even mentioned

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    and Lebron needed Wade and Bosh to carry him?

    See what I did there? How can you say Kobe needs help to win and then use Lebron as your example of someone who doesnt. Thats the whole reason he left Cleveland he was stating he cant do it without other superstars. And Wade/Bosh are much greater players than Gasol/Bynum or Shaq/Fischer or whoever u wanna use as that 3rd wheel.
    LeBron carried a team of scrubs in cleveland to the finals.
    When kobe had no help his team exits first round playoffs.

    Fact of the matter is LeBron is a better player than kobe.
    Kobe is a scorer and a ballhog.

    If Kobe had kidney stones, do you think he would pass it?

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohan29 View Post
    LeBron carried a team of scrubs in cleveland to the finals.
    When kobe had no help his team exits first round playoffs.

    Fact of the matter is LeBron is a better player than kobe.
    Kobe is a scorer and a ballhog.

    If Kobe had kidney stones, do you think he would pass it?
    Lebron also got swept in that 1st finals and played terribly. Then the next time he disappeared so much his picture was on milk cartons. After those finals they were thinkin about using his picture on a Wheaties box but they had to take it off the market, since everybody who ate it choked. Thats Lebron for ya. Kobe has never come close to the failures Lebron has had. To say Lebron has had a better career than Kobe Bryant is asinine. And I dont even like Kobe.

  19. #159
    Legendary! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    6,513
    After those finals they were thinkin about using his picture on a Wheaties box but they had to take it off the market, since everybody who ate it choked
    ROFL this is possibly the best line Ive read on this forum, Imma steal that for random use in the future.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    ROFL this is possibly the best line Ive read on this forum, Imma steal that for random use in the future.
    go ahead, its just me using an older Chuck Norris joke and changing it around to be about Lebron

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •