Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

who is the greatest NBA player of all time

i would have to say Michael Jordan. Simply because of the way he dominated the league in his time.
    and the way he revolutionized the game.
    and when LeBron James retires he would be almost at Jordans level of greatness.

what do you guys think

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    i would have to say Michael Jordan. Simply because of the way he dominated the league in his time.

what do you guys think
    I think this would be more fitting inside the Sports and Fitness forum. You'll probably also get more comments :P

Also, you wouldn't happen to be a fan of the TV show "Fringe" would you?

Is there any other answer then Michael Jordan?

Michael Jordan.

Best hair goes to Dennis Rodman though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariselia View Post
    Is there any other answer then Michael Jordan?
    Only if you are trying to be contrary or overvalue height.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post

what do you guys think

Michael Jordan, hes on the same level with heaton/
    Although michael jordan and heatons skill level back then is nothing compared
    with the teamwork/agility and overall better performance of the palyers of today. its only because of yyears of basketball gameplay theory which was not readily availiable to michael jordans prime time.

but they dominated at their peaks and really looked like they had a real love and passion for the sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryotte View Post
    Michael Jordan.

Best hair goes to Dennis Rodman though.
    If you include facial hair, Rodman never had the balls to pull off a Hitl... I mean, Charlie Chaplin mustache, like Jordan has recently.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 05:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paulkroll View Post
    Michael Jordan, hes on the same level with heaton/
    Although michael jordan and heatons skill level back then is nothing compared
    with the teamwork/agility and overall better performance of the palyers of today. its only because of yyears of basketball gameplay theory which was not readily availiable to michael jordans prime time.

but they dominated at their peaks and really looked like they had a real love and passion for the sport.
    He did it with hand checking not being a foul. He would rip the game in half with the current roster of players and the offense learning rules changes. If you thought he got phantom call due to the Jordan rule at that time, putting a hand on the offensive player is now an actual foul.

It's like QBs from days when you could torpedo them head first, playing in the current days of Brady rule. Jordan's numbers would explode with current rules, just like QB numbers last year with offense leaning rules.
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-08-15 at 05:12 AM.

I use to watch this guy play as a teenager while he was in the height of his career ...it was a thing of beauty .

Career accomplishments:

- basketball Hall of Fame
    - member of six NBA championship teams
    - fourth all-time in field goals made in NBA history
    - fourth all-time in free throws made in NBA history
    - eighth all-time in free throws attempted in NBA history
    - second all-time in steals in NBA history
    - third all-time in points in NBA history
    - first all-time in points per game in NBA history
    - third all-time in steals per game in NBA history
    - 14-time NBA All-Star
    - Rookie of the Year
    - Defensive Player of the Year
    - five-time NBA MVP
    - six-time NBA Finals MVP
    - All-Rookie Team
    - 11-time All-NBA selection
    - nine-time All-Defensive Team selection

"Mentally and physically the greatest player to ever lace them up. Period." - Jeff Fox

15+ Year Old Account
    Greatness in the NBA seems to be measured by rings. On that premise alone, only one man can be called the greatest ever.

BILL RUSSELL

Nobody in ANY sport in the United States, ANY, comes even remotely close to his eleven titles. When you have more rings than fingers, you are the greatest.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    James has no Ewing, Alajuan, Morning or Moses Malone clogging the middle like they did for Jordan. Even Shaq started out in the paint of Jordan, but LBJ only dealt with no knees Shaq at the end of his career. While if you include fading lane clovers, you can tos in Jordan running into the likes of Robert Parish and Kareem. Jordan played and did his thing at the peek of skill in the NBA.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 05:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Greatness in the NBA seems to be measured by rings. On that premise alone, only one man can be called the greatest ever.

BILL RUSSELL

Nobody in ANY sport in the United States, ANY, comes even remotely close to his eleven titles. When you have more rings than fingers, you are the greatest.
    Pipin is no team mate like those Russel had during the Celtic dynasty. They did it as a team, bulls did on the back of Jordan.

If rings is all that mater, Robert Horey and Steve Kerr are better players than Jordan.
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-08-15 at 05:20 AM.

Deleted
    Skill wise greatest ever is definitely Lebron James.

But greatest ever is still Michael Jordan.

If Kobe Bryant surpasses Jordan in rings the next few years, I'd say Kobe is on the same level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Skill wise greatest ever is definitely Lebron James.

But greatest ever is still Michael Jordan.

If Kobe Bryant surpasses Jordan in rings the next few years, I'd say Kobe is on the same level.
    Jordan would hands down, literally according to current rules, beat LBJ. In Jordan's days, I'd like to see the cuts to the basket LBJ would run, if having a hand on him was not a foul. Jordan also didn't need a dominating center to win it all, during a time when 3 of the best centers of all time were in their prime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Jordan would hands down, literally according to current rules, beat LBJ. In Jordan's days, I'd like to see the cuts to the basket LBJ would run, if having a hand on him was not a foul. Jordan also didn't need a dominating center to win it all, during a time when 3 of the best centers of all time were in their prime.
    Jordan is nowhere near Lebron James skill wise. Also James didn't need a dominating center to win either.

The reason I say Michael Jordan is greater is his accomplishments, if Lebron James reached 6 rings etc, he's the greatest ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jordan or Bryant.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes a player great? James is the best player ever, he does it all and dam well and knows the sport and knows his team better then anyone. But does that make him the greatest or is it more then that.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Micheal Jordan....a couple newer guys may be close but MJ inspired so many people no one can ever match that. He is a pretty good guy, too.

Lebron gets by because of his athleticism, look at his highlights, there's not a lot of high basketball IQ plays in there and it's mostly just a lot of dunks and stuff. I might entertain an argument for most athletic person of all time but Kobe and Jordan are 10x better basketball players then Lebron.

to answer the question, Jordan is the greatest but Kobe should be considered more of an equal rather than a 2nd tier Jordan.

MJ hands down the greatest the best the brightest. The man understood the game to its core and had the physical and mental capacity to do anything. Watching him beat Utah in the finals with the flu and a 103 fever under extreme pressure and making the game winning shot amazing! Jordan did it all when the NBA had its highest skill level ever. He played against the greats the hall of famers and beat them all. Also the most popular line of Nike shoes of all time...Some Air Jordans are worth more than cars...I don't see anyone buying Lebron shoes...
    Jordan even retired early though he did return for a short period before his knees gave out...the man has no quit in him he is top 10 on pretty much every major stat category that has ever existed for NBA. These kids these days just don't know great...today its more jump on the bandwagon lebron finally won a ring. I got news for you kids until this past season in the finals Lebron didn't have a 4th quarter while Jordan always had his 4th quarter...you didn't find jordan crying on the streets begging for that 4th quarter like lebron did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Jordan is nowhere near Lebron James skill wise. Also James didn't need a dominating center to win either.

The reason I say Michael Jordan is greater is his accomplishments, if Lebron James reached 6 rings etc, he's the greatest ever.
    What are you basic his skill on? Jordan was a better shooter, better defender and a better finisher. If Lebron reaches 6 rings, he will still have less rings than Robert Horey or Steve Kerr. All Labron needed, was to start a league wide shift of centralization of super stars by joining Bosh and Wade. So, you are right, he didn't just need a center, Shaq didn't help him in Cleveland. He needed more...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    What are you basic his skill on? Jordan was a better shooter, better defender and a better finisher. If Lebron reaches 6 rings, he will still have less rings than Robert Horey or Steve Kerr. All Labron needed, was to start a league wide shift of centralization of super stars by joining Bosh and Wade. So, you are right, he didn't just need a center, Shaq didn't help him in Cleveland. He needed more...
    we'll see how good lebron is next season when the insane Lakers lineup bowls him over...can't wait to see him cry and make excuses again...maybe he will leave Miami in a hissy fit too and go join the lakers for 2014:P