Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Achievements / Points & you!

Hello. Im curious as to whats the reason why you or some of your friends do achievements . I myself am a completeionist and i have OCPD so i feel like if they are there to be completed then i simply must complete them. I also feel that when all achievements are completed then the game is basicly over, who doesent play games to complete them ,right? . I also feel like the more achievement points i have the more authority i have.

So why are YOU an achievement whore?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

I just thinking seeing a higher achievement number and knocking-them off, gives me something to aim for in-game and allows me to set my self goals and will motivate me to do things. (Why would I randomly want to fish in Dalaran otherwise?). Not to also mention I think it's good competition. Back in my old raiding guild the top few raiders (Me included, along with the GM.etc would often try to see who could get the most achievement and be top in the guild).

Yes, I'm an achievement whore.
    "There is no honor in mediocrity."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, my name is Mizzow...and, I'm an Achievement Whore...

I just enjoy them, some of them are just silly and fun while others *I'm looking at you Insane* where like big goals that I couldnt help but do.

When you type someones name in Armory search all players from all realms with that name are sorted by achivement points. I wanted my main to be always on top when you try to look him up on the armory so I started to farm achievement points, and then I got hooked

I'm pretty much a completionist and like doing silly things at times, so I aim for achievements whenever I feel like it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    With 13500+ achievement points + Insane/Shendralar/Hero of Shattrah+Owning 6 Legendaries

I am an achievement whore.

Deleted
    I started playing WoW beacuse of the raiding, i am not a big fan of pvp so i wanted something to do when not raiding. I started doing achivements instead, and now i am hooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, why? Cause on my spare time when I don't raid. I simply just do anything in WoW, including the most boring achievments.. but now im at 13k, not much more left. till MoP
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

So a couple of you jsut do them between raiding but why? I mean like why not just exit game when ur not raiding and do something productive IRL? No hate just curious:P

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

Deleted
    got +13k achi points started to "farm" them when i hitted 9k and realised its quite easy tho i gotta admit that i didn't have job that time so i really didn't have anything else to do not im playing way less than then so its slow to get some easy achievements

I'm at 14,250 and I'm still doing achievements.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    I'm at 14730 with 50 achievements left to go... every one of them is Arena or RBG. I'm not -terrible- at PvP, but I doubt I'd get gladiator any time soon. Plus I don't think can commit to hardcore pvp schedules ><

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am doing the achievements becouse its a reason that keeps me playing, the other stuff in game has just gotten boring over several years. Atm 13285 points on my dk.

Deleted
    Guess I like being on top in my guild regarding achievement points. Also, it's nice to know what I did and accomplished in the game. Currently at 13,935 achievement points, I'll try to break the 14,000 wall before MoP hits.

I only do achievements where i get rewards, like mounts or anything. The rest i cant be bothered..
    There are better ways to spent my time imo

Dont have any char with above 7k points.

(staring at screen in SW/Orgri is 1)
    Last edited by wickedbastard; 2012-08-18 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    I'm doing achievements cause it's just another way to feel interested in WoW, especially now. Part of it is for sure competing against guildies and feeling that I didn't complete everything I could.

Deleted
    I'm at 14970 pts and i feel like a boss when opening the guild tab that is sorted by achievement points. So this is the reason why i do achievements and because i think people that have many achievements are kinda better players. (or have too much spare time blabla )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shurrek View Post
    I'm at 14970 pts and i feel like a boss when opening the guild tab that is sorted by achievement points. So this is the reason why i do achievements and because i think people that have many achievements are kinda better players. (or have too much spare time blabla )
    kinda agree here

Honestly there's not much else to do in WoW without achievements. Without achievements I would be running circles around Dalaran bored out of my mind.

That said it does feel nice when you hit major milestones like Over Nine Thousand. I'm looking forward to hitting 15k myself pretty soon.