Page 1 of 2
LastLast

other champions that need a relaunch/update

After the upcoming relaunch of Katarina, do you think other champs need a relaunch/update?

For me personally I think Sion needs a bit of work.

What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Karma needs lategame help.
    Soraka needs a lookover.

No one else needs it.
    I'm sick of people QQing because they don't like how something looks and sounds.
    There will always been pubstomping champs, and if you can't handle them, play in ranked, and beat them using brains. It's not hard to deal with.

People only want changes because they think they are hard/OP, when they aren't.
    There are good champs, and there are the pubstomping, like Sion, Trynd, Yi etc. All of these can be easily shut down with smart gameplay, but majority don't like smart.

/rantover
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Looks and sounds aren't a concern for me, I'm referring to more about gameplay and mechanics.

100% agree about Soraka! Didn't Riot say she was 'poison' or something like that in terms of gameplay. I can't remember what exactly it was but something along those lines.

Shen needs a look over. That ulti is just...

There are some that need to be more viable like Heim and Xerath. Victor might need a look as well, but I haven't played him enough to give an honest opinion.

They need to buff MF's late game a bit.

Fiora needs to become viable again. I don't blame her design, it's one of the most fun to play. I blame the freaking meta.

They need to have a look at Teemo and Yi. And remove them from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    100% agree about Soraka! Didn't Riot say she was 'poison' or something like that in terms of gameplay. I can't remember what exactly it was but something along those lines.
    Specifically, Morello said that he hates the sustain that Soraka provides.

They probably could take a look at the melee carries (Trynd, Fiora, Yi), as they're out shadowed by the ranged ones due to them being more susceptible to CC. However, I fear that if they do rework them, they'll end up as even more Fighter champions to add to the looooooooong list of ones that we have already.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-08-15 at 08:03 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Ashe. Shes too weak and nowadays when everyone has a gap closer your pathetic kiting isnt gonna do much. She desperately needs changes to her passive and she also needs some mobility. Ulti should scale with AD, too.

Deleted
    Evelyn, considering she's broken.

Deleted
    Few champions need a complete rework... A lot could use a few tweaks here and there but nothing drastic.

Champions like Teemo just need a different meta to work correctly but hey, that happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Bruisers

The entire top lane needs a rework. Xypherous has been commenting on it quite a bit recently with the Garen changes and I have to say I agree with him.

2) Karma
    3) Heimerdinger
    4) Trundle - he's balanced, but so much of his power is completely hidden
    5) MF & Caitlyn - completely outclassed by other AD carries
    6) Sejuani

--

Graphic wise:

Sivir, Ryze, Twisted Fate, Sion.... basically anyone with triangle feet/hooves.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-08-15 at 08:46 AM.

Tbh, the entire meta needs a rework. You should be able to run different comps and strategies then just one to play the game effectively. I think Riot will make some massive changes for season 3. The current meta is severely limiting their options in creating new and unique champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Darius needs a downgrade.
    Trundle needs an upgrade.

Gameplay only.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 11:02 AM ----------

Also Varus is a pretty crap AD carry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Tbh, the entire meta needs a rework. You should be able to run different comps and strategies then just one to play the game effectively. I think Riot will make some massive changes for season 3. The current meta is severely limiting their options in creating new and unique champions.
    True. Xypherous would like some fairly sweeping changes, but that can't be done this late in the season. They're hoping to do some new stuff when S3 rolls around. He posted quite extensively on problems he's running into, such as the dreaded AD Caster weapons:

Whichever way you go about it, you either make Bruisers stronger (which are in direct competition for the team spots) or you make AD Carries stronger (who said Bruisers/AD Casters are supposed to counter).

10+ Year Old Account
    Miss fortune, I played her the other day thinking hey i've not touched this champion in a while! The next 40 minutes of game play were me thinking my god any other AD carry could do this so much better..

Deleted
    I can think of a rather large list of characters that need tweaks buffs and remakes.

Caitlyn needs bringing up to speed with other ad carries, So does MF.
    Hiemerdinger but that's already in the works.
    Karma, but who doesn't know about that.
    Sejuani, needs a fair few quality of life buffs, along with varus.
    Trundle, said above.
    Viktor, volibear and xerath could do with some help too.

Graphic wise, the square feet gang could do with some help. along with sivir and a few others

Probably Master Yi, not a complete revamp, just...meh forget it. He feels weak atm though, I facepalm whenever I have one on my team, or I get happy when the enemy has one because I know it'll likely be an easy top lane.

Karma needs better innate scaling on her Mantra'd abilities.

Tristana needs to scale her abilities with AD... seriously. Even if it's just the ult.

I personally believe Kennen's autoattacks are the crappiest of all champions. Even worse than LeBlanc's.

Poppy needs a place. Wherether it's lane or jungle, I don't care. I'd like her to be a less risky pick.

Give Evelynn Hecarim's defensive scaling and she'll be just fine imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anivia needs something like that happened to Ashe. She looks so clunky imo. In terms of gameplay I would say Karma definatly, now that Eve is "fixed" she is the #1 troll pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    "we want metagame rework and new tactics/strategy approaches!" they said..."9x report after game u will receive!" they said after I try duo top/mid instead of jungler...

"we want metagame rework and new tactics/strategy approaches!" they said... "plz pick soraka because I want to farm at least 2 years to obtain my full build!" they said after I suggested more agressive approach and faster gameplay with roaming support and faster early to mid game transition

open your eyes, boy - developers cannot change bigotry and blindness in player base mindset - only players alone can do that

What on earth is wrong with Soraka? She's fine...

Varus could use a bit of a buff, although the buff to his ulti in the last patch was welcome.

Viktor needs a slight rework - his passive actually hurts his lategame as opposed to helping it.

Can't think of any others. Most champions are absolutely fine and need no more then buffs or nerfs or tweaks.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks atrocious is what's wrong with Soraka.