Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mihr what are your thoughts on the FoF bug over 13 percent haste losing a tic? I am still using it when I can on stationary fights or that moment I can stand still for a second. But does this mean crit at around 10 percent becomes key? specially with tp only needing one hit and change to ascension?

Don't know whether we have a definite answer on this ever-recurring question but ...

2H ilvl 489 vs 1H ilvl 489 + 1H ilvl 463

Which one "wins" ?

Deleted
    This was actually on EJ not a long time ago. Basically for a 2h to be better than a 1h of the same ilvl, the offhand has to be MORE than 2 tiers behind (more than 26 ilvls), so your DW should win out there.

As 5.1 goes live, what would be the best way to use Tiger Palm? Should we never clip it while keeping highest possible uptime? Perhaps strive to keep 100% uptime while clipping as little as possible? Or even only use it when mastery procs are available?

I've looked but can't find anything, so I'll ask:

Has there been any talk about the fact that Fists of Fury loses a tick and moves from 5 to 4 when you reach 6072 haste and what that means for using the spell? I'd assume it's still worth using the spell, but is it perhaps more worth reforging to 6071 haste and stopping since that's nearing the haste softcap already?
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Deleted
    Has there been any talk about the fact that Fists of Fury loses a tick and moves from 5 to 4 when you reach 6072 haste and what that means for using the spell? I'd assume it's still worth using the spell, but is it perhaps more worth reforging to 6071 haste and stopping since that's nearing the haste softcap already?
    To be honest i've dropped it completely because it was more trouble than it was worth trying to fit it in to the priority system. Perhaps running 2 set you can just switch to a crit reforge priority after the 6071 haste mark to prevent losing a tick. I haven't been lucky enough to get either of the gloves/legs of sha to try it.

Personally i feel more comfortable just going all out haste and using blackout kick over fists. Dps is more mobile not having to effectively root yourself for 3 n a half seconds every 20.

As 5.1 goes live, what would be the best way to use Tiger Palm? Should we never clip it while keeping highest possible uptime? Perhaps strive to keep 100% uptime while clipping as little as possible? Or even only use it when mastery procs are available?
    I think keeping it up is still the highest dps, but refreshing it as close as possible to that 1 second mark. The only real bonus is, if it does drop off, it's not a huge dps loss, and opening burst and energy spending will be much smoother.

Deleted
    Unless you can plan like 3-5 globals ahead of using Fists of Fury (making sure not to delay RSK, EB or dropping Tiger Palm and not energy capping) it is worth using Fists of Fury if you are below 6072 haste. If one of those criteria is not met however, don't bother - you'll lose DPS. It's also much easier and much more forgiving using a rotation devoid of Fists of Fury, just make sure to use RSK on CD and spend leftover chi on BoK. This also means that you can safely reforge fully into haste (until you feel that you have too much).

i know it really depend on the fight but how much can i wait to use tigereye brew waiting for xuen proc or energysing brew before is a dps decrease? or should i pop it before reaching 10 stack?

Deleted
    I prefer using it when I have 4 chi, right before RSK and with Energizing Brew/Chi Brew off cooldown so you can get the maximum amount of BoK/RSK out of the duration.

Quick question, if RSK is just on CD and I have 0 chi, should I double jab to get 4 chi and FoF? Or should I just never FoF unless I get a Power Strike set up to have 3 chi? This is assuming assuming Tiger Power isn't falling off and assuming that RSK won't be coming off CD in doing that.

also, should I save my tiger palm mastery procs until I have no energy or the buff is about to run off, or should I use it if I can't do RSK/BOK/FoF?

Deleted
    Personally I prefer Chi Brew (and I'm a blood elf) - so if I end up on uneven chi I can just arcane torrent, and as long as I don't have to refresh my TP without a mastery proc, my chi will stay at either 0, 2 or 4 all the time (note that I'm not using FoF, since you need perfect circumstances for it to be worthwhile, and you will probably do more DPS not caring about it - at least over the point where you lose a tick), if I end up with 1 or 3 chi, I usually just SFB (bad weapons and good gear makes it do about half the damage of a BoK if not more). For Tiger Palm procs, use them when you have a free GCD, otherwise just sit on them until you have to refresh them. If you're low on both energy and chi, and RSK is on CD, go ahead and use it - and obviously have it first priority if it's about to fall off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Quick question, if RSK is just on CD and I have 0 chi, should I double jab to get 4 chi and FoF? Or should I just never FoF unless I get a Power Strike set up to have 3 chi? This is assuming assuming Tiger Power isn't falling off and assuming that RSK won't be coming off CD in doing that.

also, should I save my tiger palm mastery procs until I have no energy or the buff is about to run off, or should I use it if I can't do RSK/BOK/FoF?
    Generally you want to use your CB:TP procs when they don't get you energy capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Generally you want to use your CB:TP procs when they don't get you energy capped.
    Not sure if you've noticed this in-game but simc only uses tp mastery procs if you won't cap energy in the next 2 seconds (little more than the gcd + reaction time) OR if the buff will drop within 3 seconds, so it isn't wasted even if it causes capping.

Deleted
    Sorry if this question has been answered already, but...

How strong is Relic of Xuen right now? Safe to say it's better than the possible Heroic trinkets available right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    Sorry if this question has been answered already, but...

How strong is Relic of Xuen right now? Safe to say it's better than the possible Heroic trinkets available right now?
    3rd BiS according to some, with only the 2 heroic trinkets ahead of it
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Thanks for the work on this guide!

Random question: How well are WindWalkers doing on challenge mode so far? I've heard BrM is terrible (anecdotal only, no data on that) but I haven't heard much on WW. Any one care to share?

Some tips:

Build up your tigerbrew to 10 stacks with your tier 2, rushing jade wind, or fist of fury before a bg or boss.
    You can drastically slow down the speed & distance of Flying Serpent Kick, Roll, and Chi Torpedo by toggling on walk/run.
    You can spam Spinning Fire Blossom without losing your chi until it hits a target.
    Weak Aura is a must to help preventing you from overcapping your Tigereye Brew stacks and keeping track of remaining CD on Power Strikes & Healing Elixirs.

Hey guys, been raiding as a windwalker and loving it, but one thing that I am curious about is heroism/bloodlust. In fight or strategies where it is popped early, my damage does not rise as well as it does with other classes. Does heroism/bloodlust not work as well for us since we get global capped during it?

Deleted
    Mostly because the only cooldown we can pop during bloodlust is xuen which doesn't scale much with haste. While pretty much every other class has 1 or more powerful cooldowns that scale really well with bloodlust.