Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ...
29
37
38
39
40
41
49
... LastLast
  1. #761
    If you attack the same target as your SEF, he will not copy any of your attacks. So it's not worth it.

  2. #762
    I honestly can't think of any boss fights where using it would be beneficial. It's either too much hassle to use correctly or gimps your main objective (eg. nuking casters on Horridon)

  3. #763
    Quote Originally Posted by bounstar View Post
    I honestly can't think of any boss fights where using it would be beneficial. It's either too much hassle to use correctly or gimps your main objective (eg. nuking casters on Horridon)
    Well on the council after switching from the Frost King you could leave a clone on him.

  4. #764
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulwai View Post
    Well on the council after switching from the Frost King you could leave a clone on him.
    Ok that's fair. It still feels like padding in 99% of cases to me.

  5. #765
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Radebeul, Germany
    Posts
    114
    Added haste influence for Talisman of Bloodlust proc.
    Added reforge values for trinkets where applicable. (enter '1' into the appropriate cells)

    You can reforge out of multiple stats but can only reforge into one stat. Trying to select multiple stats to reforge into will scew up the values. I haven't bothered to prevent that from being possible. I'm assuming a cooperative user and it's just too much hassle. Also it's possible to reforge out of a stat without selecting a stat to reforge into. This will just lead to a reduce score of the trinket and not reflect a possible configuration ... same argument as before applies here.

    Think before using it.

    Also, as Mihir statet: If you are capped in a stat without trinkets (which you probably are) adjust it's stat weight accordingly.

  6. #766
    If you attack the same target as a clone, the clone will not copy your abilities. It will only copy auto-attacks, so you NEED to attack separate targets.

  7. #767
    SEF on Council is amazing. if your guild lets you, or you think "to hell with them, we can kill it, im just going to sit my clones on priestess and frost king whilst i sit on sand guy and ignore the fool chargin round randomly" which i did. then just switch your clones when one dies. did nice for my dps, 117k dps.

    i actually really like it, and think it is a dps increase for anything with more than 1 target but has a longer uptime than say 15 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranes View Post
    "If you dont have any clue what you're talking about, shut your piehole"
    Amoury

  8. #768
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by furtality View Post
    SEF on Council is amazing. if your guild lets you, or you think "to hell with them, we can kill it, im just going to sit my clones on priestess and frost king whilst i sit on sand guy and ignore the fool chargin round randomly" which i did. then just switch your clones when one dies. did nice for my dps, 117k dps.

    i actually really like it, and think it is a dps increase for anything with more than 1 target but has a longer uptime than say 15 seconds.
    It's great until they start dying to everything...

  9. #769
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    It's great until they start dying to everything...
    Yep. It was a nice concept but I feel like we'd have been better off if we had something akin to Bane of Havoc 2.0 if they wanted to give us a "ranged cleave".
    Between the travel time, and the debuff staying long past the mob died, there are very few situations to use SEF it seems. Granted I havent seen a third of this place.
    I am not a racist, I am a melting pot of friendship
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Bows were made for tools of war. They go in the same pot as guns. There is ZERO reason to own a bow in 2014. Tools of war have no place in civilian homes.
    A PROGRESSIVE SOCIETY FREE OF HATE

    VANTUCKY PRIDE WORLD WIDE

  10. #770
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    If you attack the same target as your SEF, he will not copy any of your attacks. So it's not worth it.
    Perfect. Just the answer I was looking for. Sorta. More than a little disappointed but makes sense I suppose. Love the idea of the ability. Just feels like too much hassle and not enough of a dmg increase.

  11. #771
    Mechagnome Pandorox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    640
    Hey fellow Shaolin monks ! Just wanted to ask what all of you guys have been using to Sim?
    Askmrrobot has been all wonky lately & is putting haste waaay above everything else.

    pretty much my stat weights are hit/exp cap > haste to 6k-ish > crit to 30% or so > mastery.

    Just curious how everyone else is dealing with the changes since 5.2

  12. #772
    I am new to Simcraft, but wanted to start using it in order to calculate my own stat weights (since my gear level is around 495 only). Went through Buffs/Debuffs, selected light movement, and ran my first simulations. The stat weights I get differ a lot from what I read here. I got Crit > Haste > Mastery. In order to verify my results, I ran the simulation after importing Mihir's Armory. But I got Crit (1.88) > Haste (1.83) > Mastery (1.35).

    So I am doing something wrong, I guess. Are you guys changing the action list? Or what am I missing? I would be thankful for help.

  13. #773
    Pandaren Monk Hinalover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindo View Post
    I am new to Simcraft, but wanted to start using it in order to calculate my own stat weights (since my gear level is around 495 only). Went through Buffs/Debuffs, selected light movement, and ran my first simulations. The stat weights I get differ a lot from what I read here. I got Crit > Haste > Mastery. In order to verify my results, I ran the simulation after importing Mihir's Armory. But I got Crit (1.88) > Haste (1.83) > Mastery (1.35).

    So I am doing something wrong, I guess. Are you guys changing the action list? Or what am I missing? I would be thankful for help.
    No you are doing it correctly. Mastery is good once you either have a) the Tier 15 4-piece or b) have the rune. Part of the reason people were initially saying to go full mastery at the start of the patch; and quoting SimC; was because of a bug in SimC that was miscalculating Tigereye Brew stacks (it was stacking too quickly). Anyway until you have either of the two, I would still reforge to Haste to ~6776 haste rating > Crit > Mastery.

  14. #774
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    No you are doing it correctly. Mastery is good once you either have a) the Tier 15 4-piece or b) have the rune. Part of the reason people were initially saying to go full mastery at the start of the patch; and quoting SimC; was because of a bug in SimC that was miscalculating Tigereye Brew stacks (it was stacking too quickly). Anyway until you have either of the two, I would still reforge to Haste to ~6776 haste rating > Crit > Mastery.
    Out of curiosity, where is the 6776 haste rating figure coming from. That amount tracks with my tests on target dummies, but that was seat of my pants testing and not strict theorycraft.

  15. #775
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    Out of curiosity, where is the 6776 haste rating figure coming from.
    With this amount of haste, you'll have 13.33 e/s regen with Ascension, or ~40 energy gained in 3 globals. In those globals, you'll be able to jab once, spend 2 chi on BoK/RSK and have 1 GCD for combo breaker, cooldowns, utility or anything else you want. In other words, you'll be close to being GCD capped.

  16. #776
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    No you are doing it correctly. Mastery is good once you either have a) the Tier 15 4-piece or b) have the rune. Part of the reason people were initially saying to go full mastery at the start of the patch; and quoting SimC; was because of a bug in SimC that was miscalculating Tigereye Brew stacks (it was stacking too quickly). Anyway until you have either of the two, I would still reforge to Haste to ~6776 haste rating > Crit > Mastery.
    Thank you. Very much appreciated.

  17. #777
    Mechagnome Pandorox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    With this amount of haste, you'll have 13.33 e/s regen with Ascension, or ~40 energy gained in 3 globals. In those globals, you'll be able to jab once, spend 2 chi on BoK/RSK and have 1 GCD for combo breaker, cooldowns, utility or anything else you want. In other words, you'll be close to being GCD capped.
    With that haste cap will you be pushing FoF out of your rotation?

  18. #778
    Pandaren Monk Hinalover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    With that haste cap will you be pushing FoF out of your rotation?
    Depends on the situation but for the most part yea. I know in my situation, I may have time to use it maybe once every minute. I only use it if I'm energy starved and both Energizing Brew and Chi Wave is on CD and no Combo Breaker procs.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-03-18 at 08:47 PM.

  19. #779
    Where does chi wave fit into the new priority list for our dps? It seems that Mihir didnt get around to updating that in the OP. (or im blind)

  20. #780
    Pandaren Monk Hinalover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Where does chi wave fit into the new priority list for our dps? It seems that Mihir didnt get around to updating that in the OP. (or im blind)
    I find it easier to use it when below 40 energy and Energizing Brew is on CD and no Combo Breaker procs. I tend to favor a Combo Breaker > Energizing Brew > Chi Wave > FoF priority on our filler ability (filler meaning Jab > BoK/RSK/TP > Filler rotation)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •