Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ...
8
48
56
57
58
59
60
68
... LastLast
  1. #1141
    What's up with simcraft? Seems to be giving infinite energy. Looks like Jab isn't properly consuming energy...
    All of the energy regen goes into overflow, all of the abilities based on how long until you cap energy (Chi Wave, Energizing Brew) are neglected, and energy timeline is as flat as the mana one.

  2. #1142
    I just wasn't sure how up to date the OP was since we are in 5.3 now. We are working on Lei Shen now and I hope to win the tricket eventually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Stat priorities are in the OP with, without, etc, set bonuses and RoR.

    If you have RoR you'll be reforging for balance and your haste will never get that high.

  3. #1143
    As far as I know 5.3 didn't really change anything mechanically for us besides more stats from more gear and VP ilvl upgrades. Pretty much anything in the sticky is up to date as far as I can tell.

  4. #1144
    awesome, thanks so much, Its seems as long as I keep my haste about 100 or so below my mastery I should be doing fine.

  5. #1145
    Moderator Alysmera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    As far as I know 5.3 didn't really change anything mechanically for us besides more stats from more gear and VP ilvl upgrades. Pretty much anything in the sticky is up to date as far as I can tell.
    You are correct. No major game changers for us, as last patch there were certain spells redesigned and certain trinkets added.

  6. #1146
    Hello. I got LFR RoR earlier this week and am wondering what I should do. I am just a LFR raider and all my gear is LFR/world boss/VP gear 516 ilvl and I don't have 4 pc. Is it worth using RoR over Rentaki (or even VP trinket?) and going all secondary stats? Or is this something only normal/heroic monks do with 4pc.

  7. #1147
    Wear Rentaki and RoR.

    Download Zephyrus.

    See if it can do something reasonable with your stats.


    RoR is definitely something that I think would benefit you at almost any level of gear.

    In fact I'm pretty sure it could benefit a fresh 90 as long as they could reforge their stats appropriately.


    But it's not the easiest reforging to do, and it can be sorta tricky to use properly. So maybe you don't want to, and I'd understand, but I think you should try.

  8. #1148
    Quick question about energy pooling during RoR proc:

    Let's say RSK comes off CD with 4 seconds remaining on the RoR proc and I'm at 5 Chi and 80 energy. Do I pop TeB and RSK + continue with my rotation or do I RSK, Jab, wait for 1 second remaining on the RoR proc, pop TeB then and continue with my rotation? What is the most optimal thing to do with RSK during an RoR proc?

  9. #1149
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Wear Rentaki and RoR.

    Download Zephyrus.

    See if it can do something reasonable with your stats.


    RoR is definitely something that I think would benefit you at almost any level of gear.

    In fact I'm pretty sure it could benefit a fresh 90 as long as they could reforge their stats appropriately.


    But it's not the easiest reforging to do, and it can be sorta tricky to use properly. So maybe you don't want to, and I'd understand, but I think you should try.
    So LFR Rentaki would be better with RoR than the 522 VP trinket would? I assume because VP trinket/RoR would rarely overlap while Rentaki has a higher chance of overlap with RoR?

    edit: I just used the Zephyrus program you mentioned and wow what an amazing thing it is! Got my stats all perfect for RoR. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
    Last edited by varren; 2013-05-26 at 11:52 PM.

  10. #1150
    Now that I really think about it, I'm not entirely positive... about Rentaki's versus the VP trinket.

    I really hate all that hit, and my gear doesn't support using it without going grossly overhitcap.


    Someone else will have to weigh in on which is technically better. AMR default stat weights rank the VP trinket above almost everything else. TBH that strikes me as kinda rubbish, but maybe it's accurate. If one or the other puts you over hit or exp cap though, I'd go with the one that isn't wasting your stats.

  11. #1151
    The Patient pattison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    Now that I really think about it, I'm not entirely positive... about Rentaki's versus the VP trinket.

    I really hate all that hit, and my gear doesn't support using it without going grossly overhitcap.


    Someone else will have to weigh in on which is technically better. AMR default stat weights rank the VP trinket above almost everything else. TBH that strikes me as kinda rubbish, but maybe it's accurate. If one or the other puts you over hit or exp cap though, I'd go with the one that isn't wasting your stats.
    Valor trinket will be better than Renetaki's LFR.

    Obviously if all of the Hit is wasted then it won't be.

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Quick question about energy pooling during RoR proc:

    Let's say RSK comes off CD with 4 seconds remaining on the RoR proc and I'm at 5 Chi and 80 energy. Do I pop TeB and RSK + continue with my rotation or do I RSK, Jab, wait for 1 second remaining on the RoR proc, pop TeB then and continue with my rotation? What is the most optimal thing to do with RSK during an RoR proc?
    TeB lasts 15 seconds, RSK has a 8 second CD, therefore mathically it's impossible to get 3 RSKs off. As long as you can get two RSK off during your rune proc thats all that generally matters. Just make sure you plan to get that final RSK off and you don't need Chi when it comes off CD. Mathematically you should only ever wait for RSK if rune is on 1 second or less, but in practice I normally go for 3 seconds or less (as you normally hit TeB 1 second anyway)
    Last edited by pattison; 2013-05-28 at 03:13 PM.

  12. #1152
    Hi guys. I need some help. I'm decently geared, though i'm having to use a 2hander right now as my one hander's were trash. (LFR TOT kura kura and LFR skeezer)

    I would post my armory but can't yet.

    Satellê

    is my monk's name. Please copy and paste unless your good with alt codes.

    I normally use Xuen, but just got done with tortos lastnight and hadn't changed back. So that is why I have rushing jade wind.

    When i'm at max haste, i'm energy capping like a fiend, I've toned it down, but still loooking for that sweet spot. I've been getting some graphical lag in some fights where I have to double hit buttons to make sure they go off.

    My computer is more than powerful enough to handle wow on max settings, so I'm not sure if its blizz's side or on my side that the lag comes from.

    Anyways. I could use some help. I'm easily staying at 100k dps (recount) or above on most fights. But in my raid group I'm generally the lowest dps. I feel like I should be higher. I'm not an EJ, but I am a slight perfectionist. So it urks me that my damage is not better.

    I do my best to keep myself from capping energy, I'm rarely capping on chi. I need to work on keeping tiger palm up. I've let it drop a time or two. I use chi wave when everything is on Cd for the most part, and i'm not energy capped. I only pop Xuen for the most part when I can pop him with 10 stacks of TEB. With the 4pc its significantly easier to have it ready.

    I don't sim, though i'm told I should, but I have 0 idea on how to set all that up and actually do that. Me and math. are bit like oil and water. But I want to be better. Can I get some feedback, thoughts, suggestions on what I should do, which pieces should I upgrade, What pieces of (normal) gear should I shoot for as my guild is still working on normal progress in 25 man.

  13. #1153
    Satellê you would need to post logs for people to help rotation wise. However, I see a few things that would greatly benefit you. My guild is progressed similar to yours. However, I am almost always the highest dps on all our fights. I rank top 50 (normal modes of course) in WoL on about every fight as well. You can look me up if you want. I'm Midnhyte on Mal'Ganis US.

    As far as I know Xuen does not benefit from our brew, so it is always best to cast him as much as possible. Generally, it is a good idea to summon him on the pull, because he will benefit from lust, trinket procs, etc. He does more dps if he can AoE, so sometimes it is a benefit to hold off for that situation (Tortos bats for example).

    You should invest in upgrading your gear. Your chest is only upgraded once, and upgrading certain slots are a huge upgrade. The highest priority is your weapon, so upgrade that ASAP.

    Do your best to get a RoR trinket, because it is our best in slot. The LFR version is better than any other trinket you can get atm. Upgrade the RoR trinket after you upgrade your weapon. Our ability to be a good dps this tier is based around proper RoR usage. Hopefully, you can get it if you spend your 3 mogu rune of fates this week in LFR trying for it. Yes, you can requeue and use your coins for loot.

    Work on the legendary quest chain. I see you don't even have your weapon gem slots yet, so you have some work to do. The meta gem one is very nice, and the cloak is our BiS.

    You are way over the hit cap. Once you get that LFR RoR replace your VP trinket with it, and that should fix that problem. Remember you want to be as close to 2550 as possible. Slightly over or under is fine but closer the better.

    Once you get the RoR trinket you regem for secondary stats. Then you reforge ~2550 exp/hit, and balance mastery, haste, and crit as close as possible with mastery slightly ahead. I use a program called Zephyrus for this which you can find at fluiddruid .net or in this thread and other threads here. I can't post links yet.

    Hope this helps.

  14. #1154
    Moderator Alysmera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    666
    Growing off of what Nihyte said, Xuen does not benefit from TeB but he does benefit from stat changes. The only time I delay him is if I am about to use potion orif Rune of Reorigination has procced (due to zeroed haste/crit).

  15. #1155
    Guild needs me on DPSING on offspec.
    Can u guys just tell me the stats breakpoints?
    Mastery, haste, crit, priority on those, wich gem is most valuable on the windwalker gear?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...minance/simple

    For haste breakpoints should I get ascension even with softcaps?

    I can't tell those priorities because of the first page guide is maybe outdated.
    Last edited by Aminance; 2013-05-29 at 03:41 AM.

  16. #1156
    Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    Guild needs me on DPSING on offspec.
    Can u guys just tell me the stats breakpoints?
    Mastery, haste, crit, priority on those, wich gem is most valuable on the windwalker gear?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...minance/simple

    For haste breakpoints should I get ascension even with softcaps?

    I can't tell those priorities because of the first page guide is maybe outdated.
    The OP is correct and up to date, so follow that

  17. #1157
    Is anyone using the Talisman of Bloodlust at all. I won the normal version of it last night. My other two trinkets are Bad Juju (Heroic) and Renetaki (Normal)

  18. #1158
    The Patient pattison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    244
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzlee View Post
    Is anyone using the Talisman of Bloodlust at all. I won the normal version of it last night. My other two trinkets are Bad Juju (Heroic) and Renetaki (Normal)
    Most people don't use it due to it messing with Rune. In general its a pretty bad trinket anyway as you normally go for a haste level you like and having extra haste based around RNG procs is not something desirable.

    Basically the trinket is bottom of the list for this tier.

  19. #1159
    Quote Originally Posted by pattison View Post
    Most people don't use it due to it messing with Rune. In general its a pretty bad trinket anyway as you normally go for a haste level you like and having extra haste based around RNG procs is not something desirable.

    Basically the trinket is bottom of the list for this tier.
    Thanks man, your gear is sick btw, grats to you and your guild.

  20. #1160
    just asking: 2x 522 better then 1x 528iger 2H?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •