Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Nice guide, have to try your rotation and keep an eye on it.

One thing about Dual Wild or 2Handed. What about the Weapon Enchant. The enchant works separetly? like 2 buffs, or the buff is refreshed? i fell like in both cases the best benefit comes from DW... more buffs or the uptime higher, more swings are more chances to proc. But simcraft may prove to be just the oposite.

They made some kind of normalization to the way weapon enchant behave in relation to weapon speed/swings ?

My 2 cents...

BB

Deleted
    The buff is refreshed with dual-wield. It seems for DW the best combo is windsong on one and dancing steel on the other.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-20 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, with a relative weight of 3.41 EP, I'm assuming that choosing any other race than Pandaren (+300 or so agility from food) is pretty much a complete waste as far as DPS is concerned?

Deleted
    Troll berserking seems to be the best racial atm, beating even the pandaren agi bonus. But Pandaren beats any of the expertise/hit racials.

So, troll > pandaren > orc > draenei / human (using maces/swords) / gnome (using swords) / dwarf (using maces) > tauren / night elf

an orc using axes might beat a pandaren, but there's not many agi axes in T14 content
    dunno about the new undead racial
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-20 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So for we Alliance scumbags, it Pandaren or go home. Gotcha.

Has anyone done any testing on whether slow/slow or slow/fast comes out ahead? I can't really find any concrete information yet.

Deleted
    all 1handers have 2.6 speed so not much choice in that area
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-20 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... wat. Did they finally make daggers the only fast offhand weapon?

Deleted
    Yes
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-20 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thank god for that.

For the sake of pvp, I'd still assume that Human is the choice to go with, and then for pve, the list of races (in descending order) would be Pandaren > Draenei > Worgen > Human (unless gaining the expertise bonus) = Gnome (unless gaining the expertise bonus) = Dwarf.

I so wish I could be a troll Monk right now. I won't want to be anywhere near that damn Pandaren starting area on launch day.

I fully support this guide. I'd hoped to keep a guide up to date here, but between writing for WoW Insider, my druid blog at Fluid Druid, and my monk blog at World of Monkcraft, I wasn't able to spread any thinner.

Mihir is a pro and is much, much smarter than me on these things. Listen to him.
    Visit The Fluid Druid for all your feral druid needs, or reach me on Twitter (@alarondruid)

Deleted
    Thanks Alaron <3

Again, thanks for this guide.

I read that there's nerfs incoming for all level 30 Tier talents because Chi Wave is the current preNerf Zen Sphere.

What's up with Chi Wave? I spent a while on the dummies and it's doing about 2.5x much per chi as BoK and 1.2x as much as RSK, but in actual raid testing it's very inconsistent. Sometimes it will hit bosses 4x and sometimes it will just hit once and then disappear. I remember reading a blue post saying that the second tier of monk talents weren't intended to be used rotationally - is this still the case?

Right now it's a required talent and provides a 15-20% increase in DPS on bosses on which it bounces multiple times and is worthless (except as a small extra heal, although expel harm + healing spheres may be better options) for bosses on which it bounces only once. How is this ability supposed to work, and can it please be adjusted to work consistently?

There are some nerfs coming to the level 30 row, that should resolve this. It’s not intended that the level 30 row is a pure DPS increase for Windwalkers, but should provide a very strong option for trading a little damage for a lot of healing.

Deleted
    Updated stat values to the latest changes, wowhead comparison link: http://mop.wowhead.com/items?filter=...1.23:0.94;gb=1
    Note that some items seem to be missing in wowhead like JP items, Heroic Elite items, revered/exalted quest rewards, and world boss drops.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-23 at 06:44 PM.

Great guide, will keep a close look to it.

Nice guide.

I might be not understanding something though... shouldn't there be a hard/soft cap/caps on haste? Like after so much haste you won't be able to spend your excess energy?

Deleted
    There is, but that's at 8000 haste or something. Don't think we'll have to worry about that yet this tier
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-23 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    There is, but that's at 8000 haste or something. Don't think we'll have to worry about that yet this tier
    Haha fair enough.
    Let me rephrase my question a little bit then. Wouldn't there be haste valleys we would want to care about? Say if every 100 haste you regain 1 energy/sec but then having 101->199 haste wouldn't gain you any extra energy/sec because blizzards formulas round down.

Deleted
    A lot of the value of haste just comes from the increased autoattack/tiger strikes damage. And energy ticks don't work that way, you simply get faster ticks with every point of haste rating you gain. There's no rounding down involved.

For example, with 0% haste your energy regen is 10/s, so every 0.1 second you gain 1 energy. With 10% haste your energy regen will be 11/s, so now you'll gain 1 energy every 0.09 second.

This is a bit simplified of course, since behind the scenes the client extrapolates between bigger energy ticks on the server side, but thats how it works in practice.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-24 at 07:32 AM.

Deleted
    Nice Guide,

but there are two things I don't understand:

1. Why is the Zen Sphere better than Chi Wave?
    2. Why is Mastery so weak?

My personal opion is that we need the mastery procs if the gear isn't so good.
    Agi>Hit>Exp>Haste>Mastery>Crit

It would be nice if you could check the stats with bad gear. Like heroic items from the dungeons.

Sorry for my bad english!

Deleted
    The posts about zen sphere are no longer relevant as they were made when zen sphere did a lot more damage than it does right now, and chi wave was bugged at that point (only jumped once) so not worth using.

Right now, all 3 lvl30 talents have their uses, but none of them is a dps increase over blackout kick anymore.

Stats have been checked on multiple levels of gear, and did it didn't have a significant impact on the priority. Mastery is weak at every gear level. One of the reasons for this is that it doesn't directly affect your damage, just your chi consumption. Another reason is that half of the mastery procs are for tiger palm, and tiger palm doesn't do that much damage.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-08-25 at 12:59 PM.