Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just a copy paste of what I have on the EJ windwalker thread right now, trying to spread the info a bit:

I've just finished some testing of PTR mechanics. Ascension is the *clear* winner for both 2h and dw at all gear levels and only gets better as gear increases. Its pretty easy to see how "simplified" the rotation has become with: no longer needing to track power strikes/finding time to use chi brew on cd; a 1 chi increased cap; only needing 1 tiger palm to get full 30% arp.

That being said, using ascension is about a 3k gain over chi brew/power strikes. The tiger power change resulted in a roughly 2k dps gain over live. The most interesting thing I found about the TP change and ascension change together, FoF usage becomes even more negligible than its current state. I ran a gambit of stat weight combinations, with and without using fof, and picked out the best stat combination for all 4 cases. All testing was done at 50k iterations. This is considering the FoF tick loss bug, so if that gets corrected anytime soon, FoF will more than likely be a non-negligble increase again.

DW, capped haste at just below first breakpoint, full crit stack passed that, USING FOF: 121085.7
    DW, crit = haste, NOT USING FOF: 120174.3
    2H, capped haste at just below first breakpoint, full crit stack passed that, USING FOF: 115414.4
    2H, crit >> haste >> mastery, NOT USING FOF: 114543.0

So, TL;DR: FoF use results in a roughly 0.76% dps increase for both. I consider this negligible at best.
    The new stat ranking for 2H is crit > haste > mastery
    The new stat ranking for DW is crit = haste > mastery
    There was no discernible point for either at which those rankings changed, at least that was achievable.

-edit- Forgot to mention, you shouldn't go full panic mode about tiger power anymore. If you'll cap energy within 2 seconds, nice number for gcd + human error, you shouldn't refresh the buff

I know for us saving Tigerbrew stacks for heroism/bloodlust is key assuming we aren't sitting on the stacks for too long, but it just seems our class and spec does not have any tools in the kit that work well during the buff. Seems like an issue to address with Blizzard. Either getting a damage increase cooldown to pop (retooling of xuen or tigereye brandy) or something of ours that scales with haste beside more energy and auto-attacks. Our jab>chi>finisher style gets left in the dust during the buff unlike rogues or feral druids that use energy for both attacks and finishers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Some tips:

Build up your tigerbrew to 10 stacks with your tier 2, rushing jade wind, or fist of fury before a bg or boss.
    You can drastically slow down the speed & distance of Flying Serpent Kick, Roll, and Chi Torpedo by toggling on walk/run.
    You can spam Spinning Fire Blossom without losing your chi until it hits a target.
    Weak Aura is a must to help preventing you from overcapping your Tigereye Brew stacks and keeping track of remaining CD on Power Strikes & Healing Elixirs.
    weakaura is not a must come on, surely helps, but i still hope ppl can use brains.

Hey, I'm a relatively new monk having just rerolled and I have a few questions about some of the mechanics I'm confused about.

- With regards to Tigerseye Brew usage, I read earlier in this thread that the timing of the usage of this spell doesn't matter as long as you don't waste chi after 10 stacks as it will average off to the same total gain throughout the fight (ignoring specific damage buff mechanics etc). With regards to this, does it make sense to save stacks of TB to use in conjunction with trinket procs and maybe Energizing Brew? ie using 7 stacks when relic procs etc. Can this lead to a gain or is it not worth the trouble?

- I recently got an addon to track power strikes and it should be simple enough, the first jab after the 20 second ICD gives 3 chi and resets the ICD (which means that tracking it should be fairly undynamic), however I noticed that the ICD timer and the actual procs quickly started to get out of sync. The question is, does power strikes ICD only reset after you have benefited from the chi gain? As in if you're at 2 chi, use jab and gain 2 chi + 1 orb does the ICD reset only after picking up the chi sphere? I tried to do some testing with it but didn't have the time earlier.

Thanks for any replies

Did anyone realize that Spinning Fire Blossom is on spell crit table and is not generating Tigereye Brew stacks? Or was just because I was attacking dummies?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Did anyone realize that Spinning Fire Blossom is on spell crit table and is not generating Tigereye Brew stacks? Or was just because I was attacking dummies?
    i think this comes frome the glyph

Quote Originally Posted by Hitsu View Post
    i think this comes frome the glyph
    Oh that's the problem thanks, now it generates stacks but still seems based on spell crit table, I barely crit with over 30% melee crit on the dummy.
    Last edited by Photek; 2012-11-13 at 08:07 PM.

Will you be making a complete BiS list anytime soon?

Deleted
    heroic elite legs
    4T14 in other slots
    blade lord bracers
    tsulong/leishi belt
    vizier boots
    heroic elite ring
    empress fists
    elegon/leishi trinkets
    spirit kings neck/cloak
    wind lord ring

Alright a question.

The 4set bonus for WW. How does it really work? Do you regen more energy or are that 60 energy you regen given to you more slowly?

The buff given by Energizing Brew has the effect "Generating 10 Energy every 1 sec", it's this buff that has it's duration increased by 5 seconds. So yes, you regen more energy. If it was just spreading out the 60 energy over 11 seconds instead of 6, it'd be a pretty shitty set bonus.

Well its kinda clumpy on the text for 4set and when you check the ability it makes it even more confusing imo :P

Why is there 4set items in the BiS list? our set bonuses suck. wouldnt it be better to go with other items that have better stats? Anyone with a simcraft or anything like that to prove it?

Deleted
    The dps gained from the 4set bonus is still significant enough to outweigh possible unoptimal stats compared to non-set pieces.

I see Mihir is still making amazing guides. Cheers!

-Pask

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    The dps gained from the 4set bonus is still significant enough to outweigh possible unoptimal stats compared to non-set pieces.
    While true, I definitely don't see myself going for the tier pieces until the rest of our war/hunt/sham players already have what they want - the set bonuses are so minuscule and I feel that going for offpieces are way better (Will helm, Empress shoulders, Elegon chest, Garalon gloves and Elite Protector legs) in terms of overall gain for the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by johncockhand69 View Post
    ?? All the guides here are fucking terrible.
    "Johncockhand69"

did you come up with that yourself, or did your 13 year old brother come up with that user name?

Grow up

Wow, that was long ago. How you doing, Pask?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    While true, I definitely don't see myself going for the tier pieces until the rest of our war/hunt/sham players already have what they want - the set bonuses are so minuscule and I feel that going for offpieces are way better (Will helm, Empress shoulders, Elegon chest, Garalon gloves and Elite Protector legs) in terms of overall gain for the raid.
    Same thing as what I'm doing, passing all tokens till ppl with useful bonuses got their pieces. HC stone guard legs beat elite protector legs btw :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Wow, that was long ago. How you doing, Pask?
    I am well, I don't raid anymore, but its fun to check in every once in a while