Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Same thing as what I'm doing, passing all tokens till ppl with useful bonuses got their pieces. HC stone guard legs beat elite protector legs btw :P
    Of course, I'm speaking of HC loot though.

thought i still think the two piece should be changed to something else like the dot from blackout kick buff or something ill be picking it as the 4 piece is a gain non the less
    more heroic gear means you will end up with more than enough haste and start looking towards crit anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    heroic elite legs
    4T14 in other slots
    blade lord bracers
    tsulong/leishi belt
    vizier boots
    heroic elite ring
    empress fists
    elegon/leishi trinkets
    spirit kings neck/cloak
    wind lord ring

I think HC feng belt is better mihir, 1 extra socket and non-mastery offstat option is the reason

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Correctsan View Post
    I think HC feng belt is better mihir, 1 extra socket and non-mastery offstat option is the reason
    Lei Shi/Tsulong belt has crit/hit though and besides, the socket is included in the item budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    I am well, I don't raid anymore, but its fun to check in every once in a while
    I understand that it's fun checking in every once in a while. Nice to see you again. :3

Which heirloom weapons are recommended for leveling? I was thinking on dual-wielding [Venerable Mass of McGowan], as that's the only one with haste on it. Also, I know dual-wield comes out ahead of two-handed, but will the massive stat budget on [Spear of Xuen] outweigh the other weapons you get from questing at level 85? If so, when will I encounter weapons where dual-wield is yet again superior? Will it hold it all the way to 90?

Also a question regarding end-game. The guide says haste to 6k. Is this exact? Like, 6000 haste rating, nothing more?
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2012-11-20 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Correctsan View Post
    They are pretty much equal in value, so either would work. But with the stat values I used, the tsulong/leishi belt pulls ahead very slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    Also a question regarding end-game. The guide says haste to 6k. Is this exact? Like, 6000 haste rating, nothing more?
    The haste cap is only applicable IF you have both T14 setbonuses AND are using FoF on cooldown. Which is not really realistic in anything but a patchwerk fight. On any fight where you can't use FoF on cooldown, haste beyond 6k will be great to have (esp if your hit/exp ratings will be low initially).

As regards to the heirloom, the other good option is the newly added Burnished Warden Staff. The difference between DW and 2H is negligible on lower level, and not having to deal with the DW hit penalty means more consistent dps. (+ warden staff might have sentimental value for you )
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-11-20 at 08:02 AM.

And if I don't have both setbonuses? What is the stat priority then?

Being as stingy as I am, I think I might go with 2x[Venerable Mass of McGowan] instead, seeing as I already have one from before. :b The hit on the rest of the heirloom gear will go a long way. When I get to level 85, however, I think I will switch to the spear, as it seems to be vastly better at that point, despite being a two-handed.

Edit: By the way, when running simulations, is there any point in going with a Patchwerk fight style, considering we're moving more and more away from it? What would generally be the best option to go with?
    Last edited by Arctagon; 2012-11-20 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    Stat priority is as posted in my guide, except that there's no haste cap.

I kinda worded it wrong in my prev post, it should be:
    Haste cap applies if you use FoF on cooldown.
    If you got both T14 bonuses AND use FoF on cooldown (and channel it for the full duration every time), stat priority changes to crit > haste/mastery.

I generally use patchwork style but change the FoF line to only activate when tigereye brew is up.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-11-20 at 06:11 PM.

Btw.

Why two of Empress fist wep? Since you cant use 2 sha gems or put a normal gem in them? isnt it better to have Empress and garja fists?

The sha gem doesn't take away from the stats, so the Empress weapon without a gem is still superior to the Gara'jal weapon because of the increased item level and no mastery on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Btw.

Why two of Empress fist wep? Since you cant use 2 sha gems or put a normal gem in them? isnt it better to have Empress and garja fists?
    You can't put a gem in gara'kal either, and the empress fists are 7 ilvls higher, so they have more weapon dps/agility/secondary stats. And as said above, the empress fists don't have mastery.

Deleted
    I tought gemming pure agility gems was bad now? I mean, the gems with secondary stats outweight them now?

Last time I checked, agility still has a bit more than twice the value of haste. I'm getting almost identical values Mihir posted in the OP.
    Just taking the numbers from the OP, agility has a value of 3,47 and haste 1,73, which means you should be gemming pure agility in red sockets if you're able to reproduce those numbers on your own sim profile.
    Last edited by Stumpurin; 2012-11-22 at 11:29 PM.

Just wanted to drop by and thank Mihir for his guide. It really helped me in learning how to DPS. I've always been a healer and stepping out of my comfort zone and into the DPS realm has been a huge change for me. I'm still learning and trying to adapt my technique but overall it's been amazing transitioning from one role to another.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of questions
    1. in lvling boa staff or 2 boa maces?
    2. Do fist weapons retain their punch animations with jab?

I've currently started a Troll Monk, got all the leather boa gear, minus pvp shoulders... the boa sword till lvl 10, and the dual boa maces after that...

Hello fellow Windwalkers,

I have a question regarding energizing brew and tigereye brew usage. Assuming energizing brew should be used on CD, is there a number of tigereye stacks less than 10 where it is still a DPS increase to just line up with energizing brew rather than waiting for it to get to 10 stacks?

Also, is it ok to "pool energy" before a 10 stack tigereye brew? Of course, assuming RSK is on CD and Tiger Power stacks are maintained. I'm asking these questions because often I use a 10 stack tigereye brew to find myself energy starved with no combo breaker procs and it feels like a waste :x And since karma is a bitch, I usually get those tasty blackout kick procs during energizing brew where I struggle to keep energy from capping lol

Tigereye Brew can be used at any stack amount as long as you aren't overlapping the buff and it will be a similar average damage increase. If you prefer saving up stacks for trinket procs or cooldowns such as EB, you may see some extra mileage out of it. However, simply waiting for 10 stacks and not lining it up with anything else will result in the same damage increase as keeping 99% uptime on it.

In short, to your first question: Yes, any amount of stacks. To your second: Yes. Fitting as much damage into your TEB duration as possible will help your damage, assuming RSK/TP don't suffer because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Does anyone else feel like it might be worth extending the guide to add an additional Tips and Tricks subsection to the guide?
    There was a specific thread for it but it seemed to have died, so people would have to specifically search for it when they might expect it to be stickied and blah blah.

So with 5.1 and item upgrading coming tomorrow, is there any rule of thumb which ones to upgrade first for WW PvE-wise? I'd guess it's weapon(s) first, then go for whatever gives most agility, which probably are trinkets? Also since it's item level upgrade, does it matter if I upgrade my higher item level stuff first? Not really sure whether item level affects stats linearly or in some exponential way...

I don't know, I guess upgrade the items you know you won't replace before 5.2 first (like Heroic-BiS items). Spending Valors to upgrade a weapon you could replace really soon would be a bummer, but that's just my opinion.