Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That is definitely a tank monk. Look at his chest, shoulders and legs. All have tanking oriented enchants and gems.

It's his tanking gear. You can tell because he has stamina enchants on some of his items.

Deleted
    Probably specifically geared for sha where he needs the EHP.

I have a question, and would like to hear if anyone is experiencing the same thing:

Since the patch today, we got some stealth buffs - bonus movement speed, more enegry (due to ascension, which I find really good and way better then jab), and an aditional 5% damage from the Rising Sun Kick debuff, and of course only one application of tiger power is necessary now. But, in the numbers, I don't see any increase in damage, neither in dps, nor in the numbers on screen. The difference should be noticable. Were any abilities formulas changed, did I miss anything on that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monemone View Post
    with the 5.1 changes on dance steel(RPPM) windsong is the best enchant for offhand right?
    From the sims ive done with the 5.1 version of simulationcraft, dancing steel in the offhand is still the best choice. About 1500 dps difference in BiS gear.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 11:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I have a question, and would like to hear if anyone is experiencing the same thing:

Since the patch today, we got some stealth buffs - bonus movement speed, more enegry (due to ascension, which I find really good and way better then jab), and an aditional 5% damage from the Rising Sun Kick debuff, and of course only one application of tiger power is necessary now. But, in the numbers, I don't see any increase in damage, neither in dps, nor in the numbers on screen. The difference should be noticable. Were any abilities formulas changed, did I miss anything on that?
    All of this was in the patch notes, so it's not stealth buffs. I've been topping meters all evening, so the difference is definitely noticeable for me

The 5% extra from RSK was hotfixed a month ago already btw, this was just a tooltip update.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-11-28 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    something wrong with ToK atm ? pressing it when it appears ready in raid and its not going off.
    Got the same issue. Maybe 20% of the times it worked.

e. Testing it in W-land, seems like there's an issue with macroing it with Fortifying Brew. Without macro, just dragging it to my toolbar from spellbook it works.
    Last edited by Alhoon; 2012-11-28 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    Got the same issue. Maybe 20% of the times it worked.

e. Testing it in W-land, seems like there's an issue with macroing it with Fortifying Brew. Without macro, just dragging it to my toolbar from spellbook it works.
    its definitely bugged or not the listed 1.5 min cd
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    its definitely bugged or not the listed 1.5 min cd
    Well, for me, using it without Fortifying Brew macroed in the same button worked. Used it like 20 times and it always worked. Maybe there's more bugs that aren't affecting me, just speaking from personal experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, for me, using it without Fortifying Brew macroed in the same button worked. Used it like 20 times and it always worked. Maybe there's more bugs that aren't affecting me, just speaking from personal experience.
    Ah didn't catch your edit before I replied. I'll try it without the macro thanks <3
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Had some positive results with this patch, my dps went up quite substantially.
    I went with upgrading my weapons fully (Heroic Gar'akal and Claws of Shek'zeer).
    Was running with Dancing Steel MH, Windsong OH. Rarely found myself in the need of using Energizing Brew which I found weird.

Here's our farm logs of last night (Mogu'shan Vaults 1-5 25heroic, Blade Lord 25heroic, ToES 25N)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zmj0m6ba2o66p64s/

How are you suppose to do proper 'scumbag dps' if you macro Fort Brew to ToK?? You gotta max our your Karma before using Fort Brew, and I've never actually ran into a raid mechanic besides maybe Force and Verve on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok or p3 Elegon where you need more than a single CD.

Thanks for the guide Mihir, it has been a lot of help for while getting started in the whacky world of Windwalking.

I just started gearing up and learning Windwalker as an offspec of Mistweaver so I'm a bit confused on low-budget/low-ilvl "weights."

1. Would it be better to put Windsong on both weapons or elemental force on the offhand?
    2. If I have any notion that FoF will miss due to a mob moving, how bad of a DPS drop is it (as of 5.1) to delay it for several seconds? (tossing a BoK or whatnot instead)
    3. Is it worth delaying your rotation on bosses like Elegon to memorize his "breathe cooldown" and ToK/run infront of him for that unique damage opportunity?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I just started gearing up and learning Windwalker as an offspec of Mistweaver so I'm a bit confused on low-budget/low-ilvl "weights."

1. Would it be better to put Windsong on both weapons or elemental force on the offhand?
    2. If I have any notion that FoF will miss due to a mob moving, how bad of a DPS drop is it (as of 5.1) to delay it for several seconds? (tossing a BoK or whatnot instead)
    3. Is it worth delaying your rotation on bosses like Elegon to memorize his "breathe cooldown" and ToK/run infront of him for that unique damage opportunity?
    1. Dual windsong (assuming no dancing steel) is most likely (99.9% sure) going to be the best.
    2. You shouldn't be using FoF on CD. The only times you use FoF is when RSK is not coming off CD during your FoF channel, your energy won't cap, you don't lose your tiger power buff and you don't waste mastery procs (them running out). In short, use FoF when RSK has more than 4 seconds left on CD (if you run ascendence, it can go as low as 3-3.5 seconds assuming you have 5 chi to start with) and nothing important is wasted.
    3. It could. However in phase 3 you can just pop it and the AOE damage will proc all of it for you. But to be fair - just DPSing there will be safer and more reliable.

Deleted
    Ideally you will want to use ToK instead of BoK, but it's fine to use it at any time if you can get a full ToK off. Using FB before ToK can help as well if you know you're gonna take more than 400k damage.

also, yay done with progress
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2012-11-30 at 12:13 AM.

Big grats Mihir!

On topic, if I was to go from Power Strikes to Ascendance and gear Crit > Haste, how big of a loss in DPS would it be? I'm generally just thinking of being lazy and using my tanking gear as DPS gear.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Faul/advanced

I realise I'm gearing haste right now, just linking so you have an idea of the gearlevel (mid LFR->proper raid gear). Also looking for a new guild if anyone's interested :P
    Also known as Faulchu

Deleted
    I gained a lot of DPS from switching to crit gear with ascension - I still have about 5.4k haste, but got my crit up to 4.7k or something like that. Pulled about 10k more DPS on Vizier HC and about the same on Garalon HC. The rotation is a lot smoother and makes a way larger margin for error when using FoF.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    I gained a lot of DPS from switching to crit gear with ascension - I still have about 5.4k haste, but got my crit up to 4.7k or something like that. Pulled about 10k more DPS on Vizier HC and about the same on Garalon HC. The rotation is a lot smoother and makes a way larger margin for error when using FoF.
    Sorry if I sound rude, but your anecdotal evidence is of no use. It won't be a 10k DPS loss if you reforged everything to mastery unless you're really unlucky. What I'm saying is while optimal reforging will increase your DPS, it will be in degree of few percentage at most, never something like 10k.

To Horace, the only correct answer is to just sim it. Swap Power Strikes to Ascendance and try it out on SimC. I have almost the same haste level as you and I use Ascendance though.

Sorry if I sound rude, but your anecdotal evidence is of no use. It won't be a 10k DPS loss if you reforged everything to mastery unless you're really unlucky. What I'm saying is while optimal reforging will increase your DPS, it will be in degree of few percentage at most, never something like 10k.

To Horace, the only correct answer is to just sim it. Swap Power Strikes to Ascendance and try it out on SimC. I have almost the same haste level as you and I use Ascendance though.
    Yeah, don't know why I didnt think about simming it. Trying it out now, thanks!
    Also known as Faulchu

Good news, everyone!

As I mentioned, we've been investigating the possibility of altering the Real PPM system to allow double procs. It hadn't been done previously due to technical challenges, but we found a solution much faster than expected, and we're currently working on a hotfix to allow Real PPM enchantments to proc separately per weapon.

Yes, this means that if everything goes smoothly, you'll soon be able to have two simultaneous Dancing Steel procs, or (very rarely) six simultaneous Windsong procs.
    With this change, I guess it's time to double enchant Dancing Steel again.
    Sigh, one week ago I put a Windsong on my OH, which was formerly my MH with a Dancing Steel already on it ... Oh well !

Deleted

Of course I know that the reforging didn't pull me 10k more DPS. All the buffs and the reforging did. I'm just saying it feels a lot smoother and that it seems to be better. I leave the rest to sims, but I'm running what I'm comfortable with.