Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Figured this was a better place to ask this than the original thread.

Why would Troll (and thus its racials) be a DPS increase over Orc or Undead if we're a melee class that while we may often have autoattacks in our top three damage sources by the end of a battle we get most of our damage from instant-cast abilities whose cooldowns are not affected by haste?

Also, am I wrong in assuming that during the effects of Bloodlust(etc) we typically gain very little benefit aside from more white hits and 45 seconds of jab always having enough energy regardless of your build?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    The racial weights were determined using simcraft, tho I haven't checked them with the new 5.1 version. But haste = more energy = more BoKs (possibly replacing CB:TP procs). And more white hits = more Tiger Strikes, both in uptime and in damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    The racial weights were determined using simcraft, tho I haven't checked them with the new 5.1 version. But haste = more energy = more BoKs (possibly replacing CB:TP procs). And more white hits = more Tiger Strikes, both in uptime and in damage.
    Except that recent math has suggested that more crit = more damage from Tiger Strikes (though, of course not as many). I think it's probably time to redetermine the weighting of racials - it seems like the Ascension change would mean that haste = more energy is less of a gain for Trolls, unless they were to spec into Power Strikes (which has been shown to now be less chi/s than Asc). So, more BoKs is true, in addition to the benefit from stacking it with other CDs (Xuen, TeB, to name a few), but I'd be interested to see how the 5.1 (and then 5.2) changes have really affected the benefit of those racials.

Currently on the PTR there is a bug in which you can drink a single charge of TeB and it still gives 15 seconds.

Also, screenshots from my Windwalker on the PTR for reference.

Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Currently on the PTR there is a bug in which you can drink a single charge of TeB and it still gives 15 seconds.
    Why would this be considered a bug? TeB is a 15sec buff where the stacks only increases the damage dealt buff and not its duration.

And accodring to your screenshot it looks like the base % we now get from TeB is 1+1.6% (at lvl90) which is quite the buff from what we currently have on live.
    Last edited by mmoc2ac8ef20f0; 2013-01-03 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by misacki View Post
    Why would this be considered a bug? TeB is a 15sec buff where the stacks only increases the damage dealt buff and not its duration.
    I literally reloaded this page to make sure no one responded to that before I edited in a "oops, I'm thinking Elusive Brew" note.
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    Hmmm Tuesday killed Elegon hc with Haste>Crit reforge and pulled 140k+ Dps (had to soak 1 add). Yesterday did it again with Crit>Haste and didnt had to soak and i pulled 169k Dps.

Want to try again next week to see if i was just lucky or is crit rly that much better on my ilvl (497 equipped)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phixio View Post
    Hmmm Tuesday killed Elegon hc with Haste>Crit reforge and pulled 140k+ Dps (had to soak 1 add). Yesterday did it again with Crit>Haste and didnt had to soak and i pulled 169k Dps.

Want to try again next week to see if i was just lucky or is crit rly that much better on my ilvl (497 equipped)
    I noticed the same actually last night on ambershaper so mid raid during the break I reforged from 6k haste down to 4.3k haste (490 ilvl + Ascension) while gaining about 3.5% crit and my dps went up by loads.

Deleted
    I have currently 3537 haste and 6410 crit (31.09 unbuffed) and with ascension i wasnt energy starved at least on elegon. I wanna see how it goes in garajal and other fights where i dont have to move that much

I just tested tigerbre on ptr. AWESOME finaly some nice burst dmg. My RSK critting for 350k or more I regorfed to mastery instead of crit, have my haste at ~4kish. I have 3,54% mastery, not much but this will scale good i think. Also if you stack upto 15stacks befor using it you can have 10stacks of the buff for 30sec in a row very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    I just tested tigerbre on ptr. AWESOME finaly some nice burst dmg. My RSK critting for 350k or more I regorfed to mastery instead of crit, have my haste at ~4kish. I have 3,54% mastery, not much but this will scale good i think. Also if you stack upto 15stacks befor using it you can have 10stacks of the buff for 30sec in a row very easy.
    I seriously doubt this will continue to live, doing 110k sustained DPS on the dummies with just my buffs isn't realistic lol

Well they could tweak the mastery raiting i guess

Deleted
    I'd honestly rather not have Tigereye Brew with such a high uptime. At the current rate you can have it up nearly constantly, which makes it more of a buff to manage than a burst cooldown. If we have 70-90% uptime on it, then we'll be balanced around having that much uptime.

It feels like they balanced the uptime around PVP because you don't gain stacks as consistently when you're being kited etc.

I would rather see a 20-30% uptime in PVE instead of a 50-60% uptime. However a 20-30% uptime in PVE will probably correlate to a 10-15% uptime in PVP depending the circumstances. I think all other classes who have DPS cooldowns are able to use them with the same frequency regardless of their uptime on a target. Blizzard needs to reconcile the PVP vs PVE disparity with TEB stacks, maybe by using PVP set bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    It feels like they balanced the uptime around PVP because you don't gain stacks as consistently when you're being kited etc.

I would rather see a 20-30% uptime in PVE instead of a 50-60% uptime. However a 20-30% uptime in PVE will probably correlate to a 10-15% uptime in PVP depending the circumstances. I think all other classes who have DPS cooldowns are able to use them with the same frequency regardless of their uptime on a target. Blizzard needs to reconcile the PVP vs PVE disparity with TEB stacks, maybe by using PVP set bonuses.
    I wouldn't mind seeing it balanced via PvP set bonuses myself. While it will be easier to stack in PvE, I can also see it being a cause for them to nerf the amount of damage increase (or to nerf some other aspect of our damage to attempt to balance its higher uptime). Otherwise, while I'd love to top the damage charts, part of my draw with this class is the lack of maintenance (compared to, say, Feral Druid with Savage Roar and their two DoTs).

On the other hand, they did state that they intended to find some way to increase Windwalker representation in PvP.

What you have to remember about TeB is that especially with the 5.2 version, we can "save" dps for burn periods. Other classes have to wait 1.5, 2 & 3 mins for cooldowns to come up, for us we can increase our damage at any time. It may only be 6-8%, but with a Garalon style buff & all the quick buffs we get, lining up a trinket proc with a few stacks of TeB can lead to HUGE gains in dps where other classes have to either sit on cooldown & potentially lose a use of it during a fight or not have a CD up when it's most beneficial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffie View Post
    What you have to remember about TeB is that especially with the 5.2 version, we can "save" dps for burn periods. Other classes have to wait 1.5, 2 & 3 mins for cooldowns to come up, for us we can increase our damage at any time. It may only be 6-8%, but with a Garalon style buff & all the quick buffs we get, lining up a trinket proc with a few stacks of TeB can lead to HUGE gains in dps where other classes have to either sit on cooldown & potentially lose a use of it during a fight or not have a CD up when it's most beneficial.
    If current uptime on Tigereye Brew stays, it won't be a burst cooldown. It'll be more of a Slice and Dice/Savage Roar type buff that you need to maintain, though we'll never get 100% uptime on it of course. We'll be doing slightly above average dps when it's up, and reduced dps when it's not up.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2013-01-04 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    If current uptime on Tigereye Brew stays, it won't be a burst cooldown. It'll be more of a Slice and Dice/Savage Roar type buff that you need to maintain, though we'll never get 100% uptime on it of course. We'll be doing slightly above average dps when it's up, and reduced dps when it's not up.
    At the moment, Windwalker is not a full 30% lower DPS than any other class. With a consistent DPS like ours, having an additional +20-+25% damage (minimizing mastery) with an ~80% uptime will put us in pre-nerf Fire Mage territory.
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    At the moment, Windwalker is not a full 30% lower DPS than any other class. With a consistent DPS like ours, having an additional +20-+25% damage (minimizing mastery) with an ~80% uptime will put us in pre-nerf Fire Mage territory.
    You misunderstand. I am talking about personal average dps, not compared to other classes. You would be doing only slightly higher than your normal average dps during Tigereye Brew, because the uptime is so high.

Our dps will be balanced around whatever the Tigereye uptime we have. I'd rather have a lower uptime on Tigereye Brew than have our overall damage nerfed when they notice that WW damage is higher than intended. The high uptime just makes it a necessary buff to manage, not a burst cooldown at all.

You're right if it goes live in its current state but I'm sure it won't.

The concern is that they are going to nerf the wrong thing. I'd rather have a nice burst cooldown than a Savage Roar type buff to maintain.