Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozhe View Post
    Has anyone done extensive testing with the Rising Sun Kick AOE debuff?

I am not sure if it is within 8 yards of the monk, 8 yards of the target, or whether it is an odd shape such as a cone 8 yards infront of you (such as Fists of Fury).

I think I remember testing it last night and I would RSK one mob while another mob is behind me and it wouldn't hit the one behind me (even though he was only a couple yards away). I have been meaning to do more testing on the exact pattern. In a lot of AOE situations it is best to get the debuff on as many mobs as possible as quickly as possible so I want to know how I should be aiming it.
    Edit: I take that back. My threatplates were lying - it appears to also apply to targets behind/beside you.

Edit 2: Wanted to add, though, that it seems a bit wonky - I've had it hit targets directly behind/only one or two yards behind, but it seems like if they're more than a couple of yards behind you, it gets a bit weird and won't apply. I noticed this in MSV the other night on the trash before Stone Guards.
    Last edited by Callimonk; 2013-01-15 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Edit: I take that back. My threatplates were lying - it appears to also apply to targets behind/beside you.

Edit 2: Wanted to add, though, that it seems a bit wonky - I've had it hit targets directly behind/only one or two yards behind, but it seems like if they're more than a couple of yards behind you, it gets a bit weird and won't apply. I noticed this in MSV the other night on the trash before Stone Guards.
    Just as a guess, the RSK tooltip is ambiguous whether it applies the debuff to everything within 8 yards of the caster or 8 yards of the target. If the latter, the 8 yard radius would be from the center of the target's hitbox. On a large target, that could be quite a ways away from a mob that is only a few yards behind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    Just as a guess, the RSK tooltip is ambiguous whether it applies the debuff to everything within 8 yards of the caster or 8 yards of the target. If the latter, the 8 yard radius would be from the center of the target's hitbox. On a large target, that could be quite a ways away from a mob that is only a few yards behind you.
    That's what my data suggests - that it's an 8 yard radius from the target vs. from the caster. Not the first time Blizzard has implemented a poorly worded tooltip.

Is dancing steel worth putting on both weapons?
    I'm using LFR Claws x2, but i'll probably have them for a while. Is windsong just inferior to dancing steel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyrion View Post
    Is dancing steel worth putting on both weapons?
    I'm using LFR Claws x2, but i'll probably have them for a while. Is windsong just inferior to dancing steel?
    Yes - back to back DS procs. Can't proc at the same time, but it gives you a much higher uptime.

Yes - back to back DS procs. Can't proc at the same time, but it gives you a much higher uptime.
    I've seen them double proc'd on me before, at least I hope so since they had the same buff duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I've seen them double proc'd on me before, at least I hope so since they had the same buff duration.
    Ah - it was my understanding that they couldn't.

Then again, I haven't been DW since beginning of tier. :/

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    They can't double proc since the RPPM change. But they can increase the duration/proc back to back

Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    They can't double proc since the RPPM change. But they can increase the duration/proc back to back
    Yes they can, I constantly get double proccs when using Expel Harm after taking fall damage.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    They hotfixed dual-procs back in a day or 2 after 5.1 went live. See http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2840?page=5#99
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2013-01-16 at 03:30 PM.

playing monk now at windwalker and must say the guide is real nice to improve dps. Its a total diferent class, none similar.

Gj and continue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    They hotfixed dual-procs back in a day or 2 after 5.1 went live. See http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2840?page=5#99
    Thanks Mihir - I guess I had a misunderstanding of whether or not it was intended. Good lord can't wait to be DW.

Quote Originally Posted by furtality View Post
    any chance someone can do an audit on me please. dont think im reforging right. ive got haste to 4k then going for crit. just feel i can be doing more dps than i am.
    logs from tonight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x0f71pj1w6b2spt2/
    armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...azzargh/simple

ive got tier legs in my bags, and haste gloves off garalon.

would be a bit help, thanks.
    You seem to be reforging into a ton of haste. Over 1k it seems. Then again your gear does not have a lot of passive haste on it so it's hard to tell. You seem to be doing everything correctly I think you just either need better luck on drops, or you need to be picking your gear a little bit better.

If you want to take a look at my monk his link is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dophile/simple

Is the 4 piece bonus worth going for?
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    It depends on your playstyle. You can go for it, but haste will be worth much less for you. I personally chose a slightly higher amount of haste, and opted to go for the 2set but ignore the 4set. When I am in full BiS, I may consider the 4set - but not until then.

Deleted
    still investigate because of haste and critical. Most are critical of 2000, more than haste. So it would be good to have more critical than haste? Is there an optimal haste cap?

I see ASK robot, I have more haste than critical.

I would like to know your opinion because in discussing different opinions, so I do not know exactly which of them is right.

I looked at wowprogress, those guys are always different, but usually has more critical about 2000 - 3000 than haste.

Nice info down here keep up the job!

Quote Originally Posted by NormadSoulII View Post
    still investigate because of haste and critical. Most are critical of 2000, more than haste. So it would be good to have more critical than haste? Is there an optimal haste cap?

I see ASK robot, I have more haste than critical.

I would like to know your opinion because in discussing different opinions, so I do not know exactly which of them is right.

I looked at wowprogress, those guys are always different, but usually has more critical about 2000 - 3000 than haste.
    There is no haste cap like : After X it becomes less good than... But around 4-5k Haste is normally where most people are stopping. It depends of your playstyle. The haste cap is mainly the cap between the moment where you aren't energy starved but at the same time aren't being energy capped.
    So for most people that is around 4-5k. I'm personnally at 4.7k but will be going even lower soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    At the moment mastery + ascension gives so much energy that the 4set isnt that good. HOWEVER in 5.2 with the new mastery, the T14 4set will be more valuable. So I'd recommend sticking with 2set for now but collecting 4pieces of T14 as well and swap to those when 5.2 goes live.

I've been using my dps spec casually intill now, but there is a chance that I will need to do it our next progression fight (Lei Shi) . So correct me if I'm wrong:

1)Basically agi gems have priority unless the socket bonus is a mastery (and you are not hit/exp capped).
    2) 7.5 hit/exp -> 6k haste -> crit -> mastery (is there any crit "cap" atm?)
    3)In the terms of items is higher ilvl > gear stats or gear stas > ilvl? e.x. 496 crit/haste shoulders or 502 exp/mastery ones?
    4)Is 2-piece bonus worth aiming for? Atm I have an options: 496 tier chest + 483 gloves vs 496 tier chest/sha normal 496 chest + brewmaster gloves/496 crafted ones.
    5)Question related to the previous one: should fists of fury be used only in this situation? "Energizing Brew is not active, Tiger Power has 3 stacks and more than 4 seconds left, and more than 5 seconds for your energy to cap -> Fists of Fury"

Thanks a lot for your answers.