Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Seeing as the haste from 2h passive only applies to auto-attack speed I'm not sure how you'd get more TeB from that.
    Actually didnt think about it x) Ofc it wont help with TeB then :P Sorry for that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    does 5.2 show any signs of DW vs 2h being an option or is DW just gonna stay a good distance ahead?
    The mastery change appears to have pulled 2H up, but there's still around a ~1% difference that favors DW. Prior to TeB stacking change (when it was 1 for 2 Chi, rather than 1 for 3 Chi), if I recall 2H was doing around 155K and DW was doing around 160K in testing. So the numbers are different now, but I don't have hard data - just that the two are "nearly" even, with DW still being favored.

Quote Originally Posted by DivineZero View Post
    Actually didnt think about it x) Ofc it wont help with TeB then :P Sorry for that one.
    They really need to change its display... seeing it display as Haste can be... confusing.

Deleted
    Just having a quick look at the OP and the priority list is outdated, it still refers to 3 stacks of Tiger Power, i'd also imagine with the lack of stacks that letting it drop is much much less of a dps loss so may push it down the list slightly. I appreciate alot of time and effort is going into PTR testing atm but might be worth clarifying as it could be confusing to anyone new to WW.

How important is a weapon to Monk's? Just asking because I've enough valor to buy 489 upgrading from 464 Wrist or cloak. Basically should I buy one or upgrade my 483 Sha wep to 491?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    How important is a weapon to Monk's? Just asking because I've enough valor to buy 489 upgrading from 464 Wrist or cloak. Basically should I buy one or upgrade my 483 Sha wep to 491?
    It is arguably your most important item slot.

Why don't you run a sim to see which is a bigger upgrade? I'd also looking into how much of an upgrade using JP to upgrade your wrist/cloak would be. Though, Quillpaw Family Bracers are pretty well item-ized if you don't have access to others, the cloak - not so much.

Deleted
    Monks are probably the class that scales the best with weapon damage currently out of all melee classes. (main hand weapon damage 3x as valuable as agility)

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it has been discused. But since the removal of upgrading and no Sha-touched weapons in the next tier. Will the Claw from Empress HC fully upgraded be BiS OH considiring the high extra Agi you get from the gem slots? I guess we have to wait and see what weapons that show up, but until 5.3(when upgrades come back) I think Empress OH might be the way to go.

Deleted
    The extra agility from the gems only makes up for a few itemlevels unfortunately, I don't see the empress fists holding up against anything beyond normal mode loot (ilvl522). Normal Thunderforged (528) should already be miles better than even a fully upgraded empress fist.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2013-01-31 at 10:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My mistake. Ive valued Agi abit too high on the OH.

Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not Tiger's Lust works on Amber Traps in the Wind Lord fight? Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by webster259 View Post
    Can anyone confirm or deny whether or not Tiger's Lust works on Amber Traps in the Wind Lord fight? Thanks
    I am pretty sure that traps are "stuns". Cant say for sure since I have only done windlord on Hc on my monk and we put all CC on the trappers so we never get trapped.

Hey Windwalkers. Last night was my first raid and I was hoping I could get some input on my logs so that I can improve. If you armory me just know that typically I have 7.5 exp/hit but was fortunate enough to pick up 2 upgrades but haven't reforged them yet (will obviously do so before raiding again). Thanks in advance. Also, cleave fights suck.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rdvcgpyx710xk5vt/

Deleted
    how are the stat weights on ptr?
    is mastery beter then crit or is that only when we have 4 set T16 or what ever it is already.
    and is haste getting beter again? cus we miss the 2 and 4 set of prev tier. but we get that new 2 set wich makes haste less good again.

Deleted
    with <8000 haste: haste > crit > mastery
    with >8000 haste: haste > mastery > crit

due to combo breaker being fixed at 12%, the 4k haste softcap will go up by a lot or even disappear altogether

also, agility might go down to less than double the value of haste, which makes gemming haste/haste+x preferable over gemming agi/agi+x

blizz still has to do a tuning/numbers pass on the ptr tho, so things might very well change before 5.2 goes live
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2013-02-08 at 09:00 PM.

Deleted
    8k haste is too much i'm having too much energy if i go for it.
    6.5k -7k haste will be enof to not energy starf.
    even with combo breaker being 12%, I still had much procs.

Deleted
    Would it be a dps increase to keep zen sphere up? as it costs no chi in 5.2.
    or is it more like a waste of a gcd?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asatoor View Post
    Would it be a dps increase to keep zen sphere up? as it costs no chi in 5.2.
    or is it more like a waste of a gcd?
    Any ability that has no cost and will fit in a spare GCD is a dps gain - bit of a silly question really. I don't imagine zen sphere will be the best single target T2 talent anyhow. Chi wave will most likely be the best on one target if a gap opens up.

Deleted
    its still lower priority then jab prolly in dps terms.
    also chi wave is a 15 sec cd now and zen sphere is 10 sec. I'll run some tests later on today

edit: did some tests and chi wave seems to go ahead on dmg and healing.
    Last edited by mmoc30087c4fe5; 2013-02-12 at 03:35 PM.

For those on the PTR, with the new ability: Storm Earth and Fire being a 20% damage increase, will we always have one elemental clone up at all times on boss fights?
    From what I understand, you can summon a clone elemental on the boss, and then dps the boss yourself - with both you and your clone dealing 60% damage (120% damage total on one target).

Am I correct in assuming we will inevitably have one clone up at all times in any encounter?

Deleted
    No, we won't. Blizz have said they didn't want that to be the case although if you read the tooltip you would think it would be a dps increase, however in practice they have coded it so that you lose dps with 1 image up on your current target. I haven't done any detailed testing on this, but with Skada open I lose about 20k dps with using an image on my target compared to not having one up. You will only be using SEF on 2 or 3 targets.