Page 29 of 70 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
31
39
... LastLast
  1. #561
    For those on the PTR, with the new ability: Storm Earth and Fire being a 20% damage increase, will we always have one elemental clone up at all times on boss fights?
    From what I understand, you can summon a clone elemental on the boss, and then dps the boss yourself - with both you and your clone dealing 60% damage (120% damage total on one target).

    Am I correct in assuming we will inevitably have one clone up at all times in any encounter?

  2. #562
    No, we won't. Blizz have said they didn't want that to be the case although if you read the tooltip you would think it would be a dps increase, however in practice they have coded it so that you lose dps with 1 image up on your current target. I haven't done any detailed testing on this, but with Skada open I lose about 20k dps with using an image on my target compared to not having one up. You will only be using SEF on 2 or 3 targets.

  3. #563
    thanks for the info Finally. Ah thats a bit of a shame that its not an overall increase on dps for single targets. Although a cleave much needed for WW monks, I've been a huge fan of Pandaren since their introduction in WC3, and would have enjoyed Storm Earth and Fire as a single target dps CD rather than a "use only on cleave ability".

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by Fohawkz View Post
    For those on the PTR, with the new ability: Storm Earth and Fire being a 20% damage increase, will we always have one elemental clone up at all times on boss fights?
    From what I understand, you can summon a clone elemental on the boss, and then dps the boss yourself - with both you and your clone dealing 60% damage (120% damage total on one target).

    Am I correct in assuming we will inevitably have one clone up at all times in any encounter?
    If you're attacking the same target as a clone the clone will not copy your abilities. So essentially you'll take a 40% dps decrease on all your specials while gaining a 20% increase on auto attacks. There are some other intricacies, but those are the basics.

  5. #565
    Any chance that the OP can post a BiS item list? I can't seem to find a thread on this topic - but it seems relevant to a PvE guide

    "Is trouble brewing?"

  6. #566
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Florida
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Fohawkz View Post
    Any chance that the OP can post a BiS item list? I can't seem to find a thread on this topic - but it seems relevant to a PvE guide
    Do you want Heroic BiS or Normal?

  7. #567
    Hey guys, looking for some assistance on which item is the most worth it to upgrade, here's my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...dinpops/simple

    Also, since I just went from dual wielding to 2H, is it a good idea to start reforge all haste above 4k to crit?

  8. #568
    With the increase to the tier 2 talents' dps, I think we need some tests to ascertain that Chi Wave is lower priority than Jab (or even BoK for that matter). If energy cap is close, certainly, but otherwise ...

  9. #569
    So SEF will work like Havoc (destruction warlock spell for the ones who have never played one) but with higher uptime? It is not like Blade flurry that has positional constraints. It can work even at target 20yards away. Right?

  10. #570
    Quote Originally Posted by Malanoma View Post
    Do you want Heroic BiS or Normal?
    I would prefer heroic, if its not too much trouble!

    "Is trouble brewing?"

  11. #571
    Quote Originally Posted by Fohawkz View Post
    Any chance that the OP can post a BiS item list? I can't seem to find a thread on this topic - but it seems relevant to a PvE guide


    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...depityz/simple not BiS but close if ur wanting a decent guide to go off

  12. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...depityz/simple not BiS but close if ur wanting a decent guide to go off
    Is the 517 staff really better than 2x 517 Claw of Shek'zeer?

  13. #573
    DW is better that has been said mutilpel times!

  14. #574
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...depityz/simple not BiS but close if ur wanting a decent guide to go off

    You've got like 5 BIS items there...

    Here is the list of all the BIS :

    Helm : T14HC (Sha of Fear)
    Neck : Choker of the Unleashed Storm (Blade Lord Ta'yak)
    Shoulders : T14HC (Lei shi)
    Cloak : Legbreaker Greatcloak (Garalon)
    Chest : Wrap of Instant Petrification (Sha of Fear)
    Bracers : Bracers of Unseen Strikes (Blade Lord Ta'yak)
    Gloves : Bonebreaker Gauntlets (Garalon) or Gauntlets of the Shadow's Caress (Tsulong)
    Belt : Stalker's Cord of Eternal Autumn (Lei Shi or Tsulong)
    Legs : Legguards of Failing Purification (Protectors Elite)
    Feet : Boots of the Still Breath (Imperial Vizier Zor'lok)
    Ring : Painful Thorned Ring (Wind Lord Mel'jarak)
    Ring : Regail's Band of the Endless (Protectors Elite)
    Trinket : Bottle of Infinite Stars (Elegon)
    Trinket : Terror in the Mists (Lei Shi)

    Weapon : Claws of Shek'zeer (Grand Empress Shek'zeer)
    Weapon : Claws of Shek'zeer (Grand Empress Shek'zeer)

  15. #575
    Moderator Alysmera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    696
    Thanks, Miuh. I was about to post a similar list.

    As a general note, too, if you don't have access to the legs from H Protectors Elite, the T14 ones are not terrible. I'm not holding my breath for them with 5.2 so close, plus the T14 ones are well itemized and a higher ilevel than normal HPE. So that's also an easy way to get your 2P without having to use our poorly itemized T14 helm (the one off of H WotE works very well if you are not farming H Sha, currently).

    HOWEVER, I feel that picking up the T14 helm + HPE legs would be very beneficial going into T15, just because of their itemization.

  16. #576
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Fohawkz View Post
    Any chance that the OP can post a BiS item list? I can't seem to find a thread on this topic - but it seems relevant to a PvE guide
    The bis list is kind of obvious, as there's not that many options for most slots. heroic elite legs/ring, 4piece T14, haste/mastery neck, haste/exp cloak, hof bracers, ToES belt, vizier boots, hof ring, toes and mv trinkets.

    edit: this is bis for starting in 5.2, so using 5.2 stat weights / new mastery.
    Last edited by Mihir; 2013-02-15 at 03:46 PM.

  17. #577
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    The bis list is kind of obvious, as there's not that many options for most slots. heroic elite legs/ring, 4piece T14, haste/mastery neck, haste/exp cloak, hof bracers, ToES belt, vizier boots, hof ring, toes and mv trinkets.

    edit: this is bis for starting in 5.2, so using 5.2 stat weights / new mastery.
    Sorry to intrude (I like pimping my windwalker spec), but does the ToES belt exist? I'm not sure if it's ever been on BMAH but I've yet to see it drop from Lei Shi, and I don't know any other leather agi dpser that uses that belt :s

  18. #578
    Moderator Alysmera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    Sorry to intrude (I like pimping my windwalker spec), but does the ToES belt exist? I'm not sure if it's ever been on BMAH but I've yet to see it drop from Lei Shi, and I don't know any other leather agi dpser that uses that belt :s
    Yep, its on the same loot table as the Rhyolith cloak.

    But on a more serious note, our 25M has only had one drop thus far :s

  19. #579
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    So SEF will work like Havoc (destruction warlock spell for the ones who have never played one) but with higher uptime? It is not like Blade flurry that has positional constraints. It can work even at target 20yards away. Right?
    Sort of. SEF is a pretty unique ability. I would compare it more with Blade Fury, but even then its really nothing like it. On boss fights you can stick your clones to ads, or stick your clone on the boss while you go take down an ad. In PvP its great for throwing an opponent off balance while you heal, or pop ToK. Its an extremely versatile ability that adds a lot to the already great WW playstyle. I pray to the gods that it makes it live.

    BTW, despite the decrease in DPS, the clones are really awesome when they copy your movements. I had my PTR party in awe when I had both my SEF clones up and Xuen at the same time.

  20. #580
    Hell guys and first i'd like to say hello all. I am new to the scenes around mmo-champion. I've read all the pages in here and have in the past just gone to Mr.Robot and got my gear from relative upgrades gem etc. Until i noticed that you guys around here was looking at the haste mark of 4k. So i checked mine and it was running at 9k Haste. Indeed i thought this is bad. So I ran simcraft and put in the new stat weights input it to Mr Robot and that got me to reforge / gem a lot of haste out. I've heared MrRobot will be adding Haste stat weight limit on soon so that will be helpful. Then i noticed on wowreforge i could input the haste breakpoint. To get best out of my monk.

    So my question to Mihir and other top monks. What do you use for gear ranking (BiS) tool / stat weights and what gems to put in it? I appreciate your help.

    2nd Question: What are the stat weight values not order looking for in 5.2?

    Many thanks for your help guys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •