Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Schaden get the shado pan trinket. It is super good!
    Host of Monkcraft Podcast and Co-Host of Groupquest

Quote Originally Posted by Gulvan View Post
    Either it was how we tanked horridon or what my SEF bro was doing, but he was on the boss and died sparringly last week (sat this week for 2nd kill to get more people loot/kill). He sat at 0% alot of times and when I saw him was actually on the side of the boss. I was on the orb duty so having my SEF bro dps for that 10 seconds was more helpful than doing nothing for 10 secs (I think its 10 sec cast?)
    You only need to click the orb, the cast time isn't needed. My raid doesn't have a designated person on the orbs, so I just went there clicked the orb and continued AoE'in cancelling the orb cast and Horridon would facesmash against the door.

What do you monks that are min/maxing use to handle reforging? I have not really got into simc, but is that what is being used? I can't find anything else, website or addon, that will let me reforge proper. I am either running into item upgrade issues or can not set a 3rd stat cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using Wowreforge.com so far for hit/exp cap & 6776 haste cap. But if you need to throw in the RoR gimmick for keeping mastery above all else then I'm not quite sure what everyone is using.

wowreforge let's you change up the stat weights. so run SimC for your current gear then input weights & optimize.

I thought wowreforge does not notice upgraded items

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyte View Post
    I thought wowreforge does not notice upgraded items
    I don't have any upgraded items as of right now. So I couldn't check that for you

Edit: Damn. Your right wowreforge ignores upgrades. That's a shame.
    Last edited by Pandorox; 2013-03-21 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulvan View Post
    @Schaden get the shado pan trinket. It is super good!
    I have it, but if I ever get my RoR (which I may not, guild leader has already said that rogues/hunters/druid tank get priority for all gear over monks) its gonna put me in a weird place with loads of hit over cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    I have it, but if I ever get my RoR (which I may not, guild leader has already said that rogues/hunters/druid tank get priority for all gear over monks) its gonna put me in a weird place with loads of hit over cap.
    Why would Rogues / Hunters / Guardian Druid get RoR over WW? It's pretty mediocre to terrible for those specs.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Why would Rogues / Hunters / Guardian Druid get RoR over WW? It's pretty mediocre to terrible for those specs.
    Rogues and hunters are better raid utility/damage. And tank is....tank. The best classes/specs get the gear they want first.

Rogues and hunters are better raid utility/damage. And tank is....tank. The best classes/specs get the gear they want first.
    His point was that RoR is utter trash for all specs other than WW and feral, as far as I know, in terms of DPS specs. So giving it to rogues/hunters over a WW would be silly.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    His point was that RoR is utter trash for all specs other than WW and feral, as far as I know, in terms of DPS specs. So giving it to rogues/hunters over a WW would be silly.
    I know, and I've made the case to the melee officer for giving myself and the two other WWs in the raid group priority, but was told no. They want it, they have it on their spreadsheets, they'll get it. Our Enhance Shaman has it down, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinix View Post
    Depends on the fight. Bloodlust is not always the only factor contributing to an increase in dps. Take Halfus for example, if you have 1 great dps and 5 shitty ones, the 1 great dps gets more time in the last phase with a damage buff, which outweighs bloodlust. Hence why my guild was letting 1 dps solo Halfus in last phase to get Rank 1s back at the end of T11.

On standard fights though, you would generally be correct. The shorter the fight, the less dps decay you have.

Just wondering because I see some WW monks going "Look at me my DPS is fine" and I look at their logs, and they're (their guild) like ALL ranking on EVERY fight. Like every single one of their DPS are ranking on pretty much 100% of their fights, and their fight durations are significantly shorter than a lot of people's ... and it leaves me feeling like comparing them to other WW monks with similar gear but in less well-performing groups is simply an apples to oranges comparison.

Also some of them have TST (That stupid trinket) which is like, uh, dude? Of course your DPS is fine you have TST.

I know, and I've made the case to the melee officer for giving myself and the two other WWs in the raid group priority, but was told no. They want it, they have it on their spreadsheets, they'll get it. Our Enhance Shaman has it down, too.
    Not to sound rude, but your guild needs a competent melee officer asap. Or your melee teammates needs to know which loot is good and which is bad. Or just switch guild, I couldn't stand having an officer with such hate over WW. We aren't THAT bad so that all loot should be given to anyone but WW, in fact we are fine once you loot a new weapon.
    Last edited by Photek; 2013-03-21 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    Same stats in 5.2 ?

DW:
    mhdps: 9.53
    ohdps: 4.89
    agi: 3.47
    hit: 2.59
    haste: 1.73
    exp 1.65
    crit: 1.52
    str: 1.27
    ap: 1.23
    mastery: 0.94
    hit>7.5%: 0.85

Picked up a heroic thunderforged Renataki's last night.

Gonna play with it and see if what it's good for. So far I'm guessing it's best use is snapshotting Xuen.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post

Gonna play with it and see if what it's good for. So far I'm guessing it's best use is snapshotting Xuen.
    Xuen doesn't snapshot.

Got mine last night, and it's absolutely amazing. Procs tons, and you can snapshot FoF on the last second of the buff to extend it.

10+ Year Old Account

Xuen has never snapshotted at any point.
    ^ neither does FoF

Is the latest simcraft still overvaluing haste? I'm still getting high haste values over 6776, using build 16650 with the default action list.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    Is the latest simcraft still overvaluing haste? I'm still getting high haste values over 6776, using build 16650 with the default action list.
    It's not so much an over-valuing issue. haste still gives value past 6776, however there is a noticeable drop in the value of haste after you reach that point.