Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's not so much an over-valuing issue. haste still gives value past 6776, however there is a noticeable drop in the value of haste after you reach that point.
    I'm just not sure I can use the 8900 Haste it wants me to put on in game. It still has the highest secondary value up to around that point for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarfysnarf View Post
    Xuen has never snapshotted at any point.
    ^ neither does FoF
    Xuen no, however FoF can extend trinket buffs but will change its value if you drop monk buffs such as Tigereye Brew or Tiger Palm.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Xuen has never snapshotted at any point.
    ^ neither does FoF
    This is a repost of something I already wrote a few pages back but apparently was missed :

Pretty sure FoF does snapshot for certain things like buffs (Dancing Steel, TeB (need to double check), trinket procs) but not for Tiger Palm, Skull Banner, or debuffs on the target.

Let's take these 2 logs extracts as an example :

[23:46:55.812] Hyomin gains Blades from Hyomin
    [23:46:57.875] Hyomin gains Blades (2) from Hyomin
    [23:46:59.823] Hyomin gains Blades (3) from Hyomin
    [23:47:01.826] Hyomin gains Blades (4) from Hyomin
    [23:47:03.822] Hyomin gains Blades (5) from Hyomin
    [23:47:05.816] Hyomin gains Blades (6) from Hyomin
    [23:47:07.824] Hyomin gains Blades (7) from Hyomin
    [23:47:09.808] Hyomin gains Blades (8) from Hyomin
    [23:47:11.821] Hyomin gains Blades (9) from Hyomin
    [23:47:13.815] Hyomin gains Blades (10) from Hyomin
    [23:47:15.279] Hyomin gains Fists of Fury from Hyomin
    [23:47:15.279] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten Immune
    [23:47:15.279] Hyomin casts Fists of Fury
    [23:47:15.618] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten *203179*
    [23:47:15.822] Hyomin's Blades fades from Hyomin
    [23:47:16.154] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten Immune
    [23:47:16.460] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten 98631
    [23:47:17.023] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten Immune
    [23:47:17.366] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten 98631
    [23:47:17.864] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten Immune
    [23:47:18.162] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten *203178*
    [23:47:18.737] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten Immune
    [23:47:18.737] Hyomin's Fists of Fury fades from Hyomin
    [23:47:18.979] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten *203179*

Damage remains the same after the buff faded.

Other example :

[23:48:01.188] Hyomin gains Blades from Hyomin
    [23:48:03.203] Hyomin gains Blades (2) from Hyomin
    [23:48:05.268] Hyomin gains Blades (3) from Hyomin
    [23:48:07.233] Hyomin gains Blades (4) from Hyomin
    [23:48:09.241] Hyomin gains Blades (5) from Hyomin
    [23:48:11.186] Hyomin gains Blades (6) from Hyomin
    [23:48:13.185] Hyomin gains Blades (7) from Hyomin
    [23:48:15.186] Hyomin gains Blades (8) from Hyomin
    [23:48:17.176] Hyomin gains Blades (9) from Hyomin
    [23:48:17.288] Hyomin gains Fists of Fury from Hyomin
    [23:48:17.288] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten Immune
    [23:48:17.310] Hyomin casts Fists of Fury
    [23:48:17.676] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten 98387
    [23:48:18.187] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten Immune
    [23:48:18.488] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten *202678*
    [23:48:19.023] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten Immune
    [23:48:19.187] Hyomin gains Blades (10) from Hyomin
    [23:48:19.285] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten *202678*
    [23:48:19.868] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten Immune
    [23:48:20.118] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten 98387
    [23:48:20.742] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten Immune
    [23:48:20.742] Hyomin's Fists of Fury fades from Hyomin
    [23:48:20.968] Hyomin Fists of Fury Durumu the Forgotten *202678*
    [23:48:21.192] Hyomin's Blades fades from Hyomin

Damage didn't increase when I gained a buff stack.

So yeah, definitely wait for 9-10 stacks on the "Blades" buff to cast your FoF to gain a few seconds of extra pew pew.

It seems like Chi Wave on cooldown is a dps increase now, and accordingly you can drop some haste as it is an extra GCD every 15 seconds. I also just prefer crit over fully haste capping as the times where you are patchwerk dpsing are so low, there will often be wasted energy with full haste.

Just my opinion so far, may change later.

edit: RoRo ignores buff, thanks Crevan
    Last edited by InkarnateKT; 2013-03-22 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InkarnateKT View Post
    One thing to remember for RoR is that it uses your raid buffed mastery at the time
    Roro ignores mastery raid buff.

It was with the daily buff for me which is the same as raid buff, maybe they forgot to fix it. I'll check when I get home with Might.

edit confirmed: daily buff 3k mastery works on RoRo for choosing your highest stat. Might and daily buff does not use the 3k increase, just might also does not use the 3k increase.

Unless I'm missing something here enlightenment seems bugged, in a good way at least.
    Last edited by InkarnateKT; 2013-03-22 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    Picked up a heroic thunderforged Renataki's last night.

Gonna play with it and see if what it's good for. So far I'm guessing it's best use is snapshotting Xuen.
    Yeah Xuen won't snapshot but FoF kinda does.

I've tested FoF before as trinkets and TEB fall off and I think there is a delayed update interval. I think that Tigereye Brew (and other damage modifiers) update more frequently, but the Agility -> Attack Power conversion seems to lag by anywhere from 1 to 3 ticks of Fists of Fury. So snapshotting a Fists of Fury seems reasonable though not guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by InkarnateKT View Post
    It was with the daily buff for me which is the same as raid buff, maybe they forgot to fix it. I'll check when I get home with Might.

edit confirmed: daily buff 3k mastery works on RoRo for choosing your highest stat. Might and daily buff does not use the 3k increase, just might also does not use the 3k increase.

Unless I'm missing something here enlightenment seems bugged, in a good way at least.
    Yeah, we knew ;P. Not sure if the buff is removed when killed, if not maybe it could be used for maximizing the attempts on Ra'den when people get there.
    Last edited by Photek; 2013-03-22 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    Gnome or Dwarf?

Thinking about race change but not sure which one..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Photek View Post
    Not sure if the buff is removed when killed, if not maybe it could be used for maximizing the attempts on Ra'den when people get there.
    it does not. I tested it - died by dismounting in the air. The Enlightenment buff is still up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyp View Post
    Gnome or Dwarf?

Thinking about race change but not sure which one..
    Dwarf. i've thought about going dwarf, but armor looks so much better on a human, even though he only has a pewny beard.

What does exactly xuen benefits from ? i ve heard nothing but our base stats ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eznor View Post
    What does exactly xuen benefits from ? i ve heard nothing but our base stats ?
    Edit:

Ok did a quick look at how SimC calculates his damage. He is based on our Weapon damage, crit from our crit, and it's swing speed by our haste (base swing speed is 1 second). If hero/lust is popped, his attack speed increases. He also increase his damage by 50% of our attack power.

Nothing in SimC points if Tigereye Brew increases his damage as well or not.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-03-23 at 05:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Edit:

Ok did a quick look at how SimC calculates his damage. He is based on our Weapon damage, crit from our crit, and it's swing speed by our haste (base swing speed is 1 second). If hero/lust is popped, his attack speed increases. He also increase his damage by 50% of our attack power.

Nothing in SimC points if Tigereye Brew increases his damage as well or not.
    Does Xuen scale with our procs & BL or does he already have to be out to benefit. I've heard mixed theories about wether or not we should pop him before or after Lust

15+ Year Old Account
    He updates continuously. So yea he scales with our procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    He updates continuously. So yea he scales with our procs.
    That's awesome to know. Thanks!

I didn't get any answer about this, so I'm going to ask again. What do monks that want to min/max use to handle reforging? Wowreforge does not take into account upgraded items. Any other website or addon I have seen does not let you set a 3rd stat cap (haste for us). As soon as we get RoR it will be even more funky. Are people just doing it manually?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyte View Post
    I didn't get any answer about this, so I'm going to ask again. What do monks that want to min/max use to handle reforging? Wowreforge does not take into account upgraded items. Any other website or addon I have seen does not let you set a 3rd stat cap (haste for us). As soon as we get RoR it will be even more funky. Are people just doing it manually?
    Personally, I use a combination of AMR and SimC. What I do is I first get my CURRENT Stat valuation in SimC (using 50,000 iteration [best if more than 1 core is used]; though 25,000 should get you within 40dps variance). I then go into AMR, and change the stat values. Also so that I have a haste platue, I add in the .15944 haste threshold and move the haste stat value below the other two. Finally under the options menu, I make sure that the force hit/exp are capped.

As for upgrades, I tend to favor the "Relative" upgrades. If testing in SimC, for the most part it works out correctly. Sure there will variance on placement generally those are side-grades to one another.

As for RoR, yea it will be funky. Luckly I should be next on the list to get the trinket (our Feral Druid got his last week).

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Chi Wave is doing a good ammount of damage I am just going Mastery highest > 1 point under Crit > 5500 haste. Still practicing higher haste, and I really havent had any real world RoR practice yet, will have some more tonight.
    Host of Monkcraft Podcast and Co-Host of Groupquest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyte View Post
    As Hinalover said, I personally run myself through SimC, and use WoWreforge to get a good idea of where I can go. I've never been as comfortable with AMR's interface, but ever since upgrades I've used it more and more.

Outside of that, I just do the math with a calculator. I know what my stat prios are - so if I need, say, 70 more expertise, then where can I forge some expertise into Mastery and then forge elsewhere for that 70? That's an oversimplified way of explaining it, but I'm not sure how else to explain. Typically, my math is pretty close to WoWreforge, but I've also dropped most (but not all) of my upgraded items already.

Granted, I'm a numbers person, so I like figuring things out on my own (such as reforging). It keeps my arithmetic sharp, and I'm usually within a few points of what's optimal.