Page 48 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I will be happy if monks finally get buffed back up, it's been sucking raiding as WW, I actually went and leveled my rogue finally from 85-90 because I was sick of crappy DPS compared to before...seriously, getting a worthless ability like SEF, no matter how cool it looks, was not worth the nerfs to single target at all...
    The last minute nerfs were to account for a bug in their sims...imo they didn't have enough time to thoroughly vet the spec going into live...and, thanks to Blizzard's "wait and see" mentality on buffs/nerfs, WW gets to spend an entire tier being sub-par DPS. The nerfs had nothing to do with SEF. SEF would have been awesome...last tier. On a few fights.

There are a lot of inconsistencies in stat weights right now, there's some people out there favoring Mastery who really shouldn't be.

WW damage is decent right now if you know what you're doing, and buffs on the way. What we need is utility. Until then, we will live under the shadow of our Brewmaster/Mistweaver fellows.

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    - an unsummoning macro is useful.
    That reminds me, a cancel aura didnt work for that. Am I missing something there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    long post about SEF.

thanks for the reply! helped a lot! i didn't realise it doesn't mirror your attacks if you both attack the same target, thats why the spell appeared to be doing nothing for me :P i kept using it against random elites while leveling, could never work out why all the copy did was auto attack instead of mirror my attacks, im pretty sure it didnt say anything about that on the tooltip :P

None of our skills use raw weapon damage in their strings, do they? As far as I can tell it's weapon dps instead, so using a faster weapon with less damage should net the same skill damage as long as the dps is the same, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    None of our skills use raw weapon damage in their strings, do they? As far as I can tell it's weapon dps instead, so using a faster weapon with less damage should net the same skill damage as long as the dps is the same, right?
    Yeah, it's weapon dps. For example, blackout kick's tooltip displaying the % weapon dps is:

Kick with a blast of Chi energy, dealing [ 640% of Mainhand Min DPS + 320% of Offhand Min DPS + 50.9% of AP - 7 ] to [ 640% of Mainhand Max DPS + 320% of Offhand Max DPS + 50.9% of AP + 7 ] Physical damage.
    Then you have Way of the Monk which gives additional benefits to both DW and 2 hand weapon basically to make both viable and comparable. I just wonder how much of a difference there is between both at say BiS gear and same ilvl weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    That reminds me, a cancel aura didnt work for that. Am I missing something there
    It works, I have one myself. I am not ingame but I am pretty sure it is just /cancelaura Storm, Earth, and Fire since it is a buff you can right click it too! But it will cancel all your clones in the process.
    Host of Monkcraft Podcast and Co-Host of Groupquest

Hi guys i have new questions.
    I have a bad juju LFR and Renataki Thunderforging, but also have the shadopan assault trinket, which is better? And any reforge, gems advices? My armory.
    wow/es/character/ragnaros/Bijoh/simple in us battlenet

Quote Originally Posted by Gulvan View Post
    It works, I have one myself. I am not ingame but I am pretty sure it is just /cancelaura Storm, Earth, and Fire since it is a buff you can right click it too! But it will cancel all your clones in the process.
    Guess I just botched it then, would make things a lot easier

Also finally got rune, annoying as hell. Got the polearm twice and the chest through coins, and now the trinket
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2013-04-16 at 05:53 AM.

Haven't seen any discussion on it here, so I was curious. How valuable would an LFR level Rune be vs a Shado-Pan Assault trinket? Anyone have one to judge yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerenx View Post
    Haven't seen any discussion on it here, so I was curious. How valuable would an LFR level Rune be vs a Shado-Pan Assault trinket? Anyone have one to judge yet?
    Can almost guarantee it'd be better. Trinket is ridiculous, even on LFR.

Deleted
    Any version of rune is >>>>> any other trinket in game. By a mile.

Deleted
    On another thing, a question to Mihir himself or anybody who has rune and plays in a very good guild.

When Rune procs, is it best to get 4/5 chi then wait and not use any abilities until you use tiger eye brew, thus not having energy issues going into tiger eye?

or do you carry on using abilities none the less?

currently sat at 7k haste which feels a little low atm though i may not be playing correctly since i have only had this trinket about a hour
    Last edited by mmoc9f137bc43f; 2013-04-17 at 08:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Littch View Post
    On another thing, a question to Mihir himself or anybody who has rune and plays in a very good guild.

When Rune procs, is it best to get 4/5 chi then wait and not use any abilities until you use tiger eye brew, thus not having energy issues going into tiger eye?

or do you carry on using abilities none the less?

currently sat at 7k haste which feels a little low atm though i may not be playing correctly since i have only had this trinket about a hour
    It depends. I have been switching between 6 and 7K haste recently to find where I am "comfortable" (which varies on fight), but if you are already at 10 stacks well... Truth is, don't waste your GCDs. I personally don't even wait on RSK - but I DO wait on something like FoF.

I personally do not have too many issues going into Tigereye, as I typically have FoF or at least CW up when it hits.

But, I dunno - last night I was seeing some terrible uptime on the trinket. Typically I see around 60%+ uptime, but last night I was seeing more like... 20%. It felt like it had changed, because it wasn't proccing until about a minute into the fight (I don't typically finagle with it at the start, as it seems to upset its timing for me).

Deleted
    The only thing i make sure of, is to not use RSK right before activating TEB, as you won't be able to fit in 2 RSKs then. Other than that, just continue your normal rotation as much as possible. (i've only raided a few hours in the past month tho, so my experience with rune is still fairly limited compared to some other monks here)

Generally my playstyle doesn't change much during the rune proc. If anything, I will try to spend chi like crazy if I am under 10 stacks so that the snapshot will be higher when I do press my TEB button.

I try to save Energizing Brew so that I can use it for a rune proc just to smooth out my rotation with 0 haste. I try to even out my secondary stats, so I am running about 7500 of each.

There is a thread on the forums about RORO having a lower proc rate. If you have any logs or whatever, I would post them: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9110263?page=2

Deleted
    Well i got lucky too and got Rune from LFR, better than nothing i guess

Is there any Program Similiar to Catus for kittydruids that is for WW. Catus can calculate the reforging if kitty has the rune equipped, but cant find anything like that to WW. Was quite annoying to manually try and get it as close as possible.

Also how good is the 4piece tier bonus. Is it worth to Replace ilvl522 item for LFR tier item if it gives you the 4set bonus?
    Last edited by mmoc9a401b276e; 2013-04-17 at 10:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by umppa View Post
    Well i got lucky too and got Rune from LFR, better than nothing i guess

Is there any Program Similiar to Catus for kittydruids that is for WW. Catus can calculate the reforging if kitty has the rune equipped, but cant find anything like that to WW. Was quite annoying to manually try and get it as close as possible.

Also how good is the 4piece tier bonus. Is it worth to Replace ilvl522 item for LFR tier item if it gives you the 4set bonus?
    what im doing currently is using reforge lite with settings of 220 for haste, crit and mastery, that should put them pretty close, then gem the differance and caps required

Deleted
    I'd like to mention that using our SEF cleave screws up the usefulness of our legendary meta-gem.

Can someone explain the chnage on tiger brew from last patch note ?

10+ Year Old Account
    So RoRO is apparently broken.

Hopefully this is fixed soon - this is why it is bad to balance an entire spec around a trinket