Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    Hey guys I started playing my monk again first time since 5.0. My question is... Is combo breaker broken? For 4 lvls 58-62, I've had zero combo breaker procs. Bad RNG or something else?
    Combo Breaker is confirmed to be broken for characters under level 80.

So I got the ROR from LFR, then reforged my stats so that Mastery would be slightly above. Ended up with 7291 Mastery, 7162 Haste, and 2402 Crit. This is my alt so he is more of a LFRWarrior, and he is in our newly formed alt raid that is just 3/12 after a week or two. So i swapped to the ROR and went into LFR this week and I found the proc rate was real sketchy sometimes. I would stack up to 20 before it procing a lot. Usually stack to 20, click it just not to waste it, then get up to a 15+ stack before it proced. On one fight it just went off 2 times, in what was close to a 10 min fight. LFR FTW =/
    I thought I read that the LFR, Normal, Heroic versions have different proc rates, and if this is true, is it worth using the LFR one if the proc rate is this low? Maybe I just had a bad night. I do have a mod, TellMeWhen, set to show me when I have the buff from it, so I know I didn't just not notice it going off. My DPS went down due to stacking what is somewhat a useless stat to stack if you don't have more procs of ROR. I know just one night in LFR is not a big sample, but it def felt like this trink just didn't proc enough to use it.
    So any advise would be awesome.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blood/advanced

I use the Shado-Pan trinket with my LFR RoR. It tends to work out fairly well. My brew gets used for both trinkets, prioritizing the RoR of course. I like it, because both procs are very powerful. You know when the Shado-pan trinket will proc, because it has an ICD. I can maximize my brew very well.

I would use my renataki trinket if I had a normal or better RoR though. I wouldn't have as much brew available with the higher RoR proc rate.

Another thing I do is to equip my RoR right before we pull. This forces a cooldown on it, and I rarely don't have it proc soon after the ICD from equipping. I keep the Shado-pan trinket on most fights in the start. This is to let it proc at start with my pot and raid buffs. Then it will proc again a bit after my 1st RoR proc, and I will generally have the brew saved for it. I'm not sure if this is best tbh, but it works well for me.

Hey guys. I am looking for stat weights to double-check the reforge websites/addons I use. I need the values for hit, exp, crit, mastery, and haste, before and after "soft cap"/goal.

Mihir used to have stat weights in his guide, but now he has it "If these pieces of gear, then this". Need more than that.

Please and thank you~

Stat weights depend, and have always depended on your gear, we can't tell you "hit is worth x, mastery is worth y.." you have to sim it yourself. You can get them with simcraft for example.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhyte View Post
    I use the Shado-Pan trinket with my LFR RoR. It tends to work out fairly well. My brew gets used for both trinkets, prioritizing the RoR of course. I like it, because both procs are very powerful. You know when the Shado-pan trinket will proc, because it has an ICD. I can maximize my brew very well.

I would use my renataki trinket if I had a normal or better RoR though. I wouldn't have as much brew available with the higher RoR proc rate.

Another thing I do is to equip my RoR right before we pull. This forces a cooldown on it, and I rarely don't have it proc soon after the ICD from equipping. I keep the Shado-pan trinket on most fights in the start. This is to let it proc at start with my pot and raid buffs. Then it will proc again a bit after my 1st RoR proc, and I will generally have the brew saved for it. I'm not sure if this is best tbh, but it works well for me.
    I have generally found it's better to just keep the trinket and equipped, forcing a proc at the start. With Bad Juju, pre pot, stormlash, skull banner etc, I think it's worth having a 4-5 stack RoR TeB at the start of a fight. You aren't going to be bursting like the other classes but it still feels worth it at the start, espicially with bloodlust/hero.

Also the point about the proc rates being different for lfr/norm/heroic runes is true. The exact values -

541 ilevel = 112.88% proc multiplier
    535 ilevel = 106.74% proc multiplier
    528 ilevel = 100.00% proc multiplier
    522 ilevel = 94.56% proc multiplier
    502 ilevel = 78.49% proc multiplier
    463 ilevel = 54.57% proc multiplier

I'm currently running with the heroic version, I personally still feel like I don't get enough procs. I can't wait to try out the heroic TF one. This is merely my feeling, but I feel like even using rune with 6-8 is absoulety fine. I would be really happy with a lot of procs. Some people have spoken about heroic TF being too high of a proc chance, however it will remove some of the RNG of trinket. I would prefer running with heroic TF rune and getting more procs than I needed 2/10 tries; rather than having 2/10 chance to get good RNG with a 522 one. Obviously all of those numbers are made up, but you get the general gist.

@Fraeblood It might be worth trying equally out your crit with your haste and mastery so you get larger TeB with RoR procs. Haste does effect your proc chance, but not by much. It would be defiantly something you could play with, I don't have any real expierence with running with RoR with low item level.

And one final note - what is peoples opinion on dropping 4 set for 2 set + 3 heroic TF pieces. For example you run with shoulders and hands as they have the least amount of stats. This would give us some insane RoR procs, it might be worth considering when we are getting into the realms of heroic and heroic TF rune. E.g. Could run with Jin'rokh helm, Ra-den chest and legs. Would be an insane amount of secondary stats gained, especially with 3 gem slots in both the Ra-den pieces. If I remeber rightly 4 set is about 1.5% dps increase, would be interesting to sim (p.s. im awful at simming).
    Last edited by mmoc3d907a70fd; 2013-05-10 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not convinced the heroic / heroic tf versions are much better than the normal tf version. As long as you can always use TEB on a Rune proc before you reach 20 stacks of TEB, the only thing you're gaining from an increased proc rate is more uptime on 0 crit/haste. It's a very minor upgrade at best, if it's an upgrade at all. (ive been passing my spot on lei shen sofar)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    I'm not convinced the heroic / heroic tf versions are much better than the normal tf version. As long as you can always use TEB on a Rune proc before you reach 20 stacks of TEB, the only thing you're gaining from an increased proc rate is more uptime on 0 crit/haste. It's a very minor upgrade at best, if it's an upgrade at all. (ive been passing my spot on lei shen sofar)
    I've found my DPS increased last week a lot. I don't think I gained any gear other than the Heroic rune. I was able to do well on a lot of the encounters (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-k6elnbcbuf7w60xm/). Also I think you have to consider the extra Agi, albeit a small gain, it's still a gain. I also managed to pull 195k on Ra-den, which is pretty decent in my opinion.

Obviously this is all just feeling, but I don't trust sims enough to use them as a bible.

Deleted
    I would be happy with RoR proccing extremely frequently, even if this meant using it with 6-7 stacks which you would roughly be able to build up in the trinket ICD (22 secs). I feel the alternative is exposing yourself to possible poor rng, where you reach 19 stacks and use TeB only for trinket to proc shortly afterwards. Currently using the LFR version as normal won't drop for me and am looking forward to upgrading it to 510 upon 5.3 release. I can only imagine how imba a 549 rune would be...

In regards to dropping 4 set for more 541 items I believe this would be better. The more procs of rune you get the more important having a truckload of secondary stats will be, especially as the trinket doubles your haste and crit. I'm just glad this trinket spices the otherwise boring spec up a bit

Hey guys, 2 quick questions. couldn't find anything specific, or wasn't really understanding when searching for my own answers.

First... I know weapon dps is a big factor in which weapons are better, but is a 496 claw of shek with the 500 agi gem better than a 502 kura kura or wu-lai? Not sure if the loss of the agi makes it RF version weapon an upgrade

Second, is it worth it to use a RF RoRo without having the 4 piece set bonus yet? Post above shows a fairly low proc rate on the RF version, so not sure if regemming and reforging is worth it yet until I get 2 more set pieces. That might also be counter intuitive because less procs means more time to build stacks, but that's why I'm here asking.

Thanks for any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    I don't know if I have shit for luck, but I hit 20 stacks quite frequently. I'd like to up the proc rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
    Yes, LFR has a lower proc rate, I'd still use it though. Try bumping up your crit, keep in mind your converted stats double during the proc, so if its 10k mastery+1/10k haste/5k crit, only 15k gets converted to 30k mastery. Meanwhile if its 9k mastery/8k haste/8k crit, 16k stats get converted to 32k mastery. Then you have more DPS outside of the proc as well, since mastery is moot outside of TEB

Make sure to try to get an RSK in right as you put up the buff(waiting for reorigination to fall off), so you can get two of them off during the buff
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2013-05-11 at 01:04 AM.

Need a second opinion on deciding between 2 items. Gloves of Cushioned Air vs Grips of Vampiric Cruelty

Worth losing ~30agi for ~150 secondary stats? This isn't fully accounting for the Tortos gloves putting me over hit cap. I'm thinking the Primordius ones are better (I have rune) for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    Need a second opinion on deciding between 2 items. Gloves of Cushioned Air vs Grips of Vampiric Cruelty

Worth losing ~30agi for ~150 secondary stats? This isn't fully accounting for the Tortos gloves putting me over hit cap. I'm thinking the Primordius ones are better (I have rune) for sure.
    I'd go for primordius one + rest tier. That is what I am using at the moment ( normal verse tho ) Req also made a bis list including those gloves as bis offset piece.

I have a question for WW Monks on Heroic Durumu the Forgotten:

We killed it for the first time this reset (25 man) however I am very unhappy with my performance on it.
    Not only did I do subterran DPS, I never managed to properly use SCK on the Icewalls.
    I was thinking of using my clones on the walls but I am having issues targeting the "orbs" fast and efficiently enough to make it matter.

Does anyone have some tips that might help me with the walls?

Is it valid to just attach a cancelaura macro for Rune of Re-Origination at the end of your Tiger's Eye Brew or will server lag prevent this from applying the increased Mastery appropriately to your brew before it's cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post

We killed it for the first time this reset (25 man) however I am very unhappy with my performance on it.
    Not only did I do subterran DPS, I never managed to properly use SCK on the Icewalls.
    I was thinking of using my clones on the walls but I am having issues targeting the "orbs" fast and efficiently enough to make it matter.

Since Xuen doesn't work on this boss (his crackling tiger lightning doesn't hit him) you should take RJW. Find the right place to hit a ton of walls (it's either standing to the side of the 3rd or 4th one or right in the middle facing the once that's far away- can't remember) and stand in the very centre of the boss and just SCK. However I just single target the proper wall nowadays because fuck getting in the exact spot to actually get the RSK debuff on them. You can also use RJW to pad on wandering eyes but ehhhhhh best not to really.

You're not gonna do well on ice walls really, or because fothe Xuen bug the boss at all. I think I did about 165k on our first 25 kill? Had less gear than you but did have rune, so you should be a bit lower than that.

e: oo, i think that RJW does more damage than BOK + the dot with high agi (ie renataki's stacks) but i could be wrong

Since Xuen doesn't work on this boss (his crackling tiger lightning doesn't hit him) you should take RJW. Find the right place to hit a ton of walls (it's either standing to the side of the 3rd or 4th one or right in the middle facing the once that's far away- can't remember) and stand in the very centre of the boss and just SCK. However I just single target the proper wall nowadays because fuck getting in the exact spot to actually get the RSK debuff on them. You can also use RJW to pad on wandering eyes but ehhhhhh best not to really.

You're not gonna do well on ice walls really, or because fothe Xuen bug the boss at all. I think I did about 165k on our first 25 kill? Had less gear than you but did have rune, so you should be a bit lower than that.

e: oo, i think that RJW does more damage than BOK + the dot with high agi (ie renataki's stacks) but i could be wrong
    Thanks, going to give this a shot next reset then! (and RoRo only dropped once for us and it went to our guardian druid, coined every week - no luck :\)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post

I just used clones. It was to dangerous to try to SCK in the middle of the boss due to the lifedrain that noone can take from you when you stand there. I placed 1 clone on on part of the wall and then just single target dpsed something else. Couldnt really do much more than that.

Since Xuen doesn't work on this boss (his crackling tiger lightning doesn't hit him) you should take RJW.
    It's worth mentioning that Xuen does not get fully mutated on Primordius as well, making him useless outside of killing living fluids.