Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    This works.

Someone said it doesn't.

It does.

Someone said RoR isn't a 100% proc off pull. (I think a blue) It is.
    It works for me. It usually doesnt proc till Im at 7 stacks at the earliest

15+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on how long it's been since the last bit of trash and just before the pull. This is in part due to the Proc protection that is currently in place. The longer it is (somewhere around the 2 1/2 - 3 minute mark is the guarrenteed mark; earlier if you have a higher item level version), the higher the likelihood of the trinket proccing at the start of the pull. For example, with my 8089 haste rating and my 522 2/2 upgrade, I have a 100% guarentee chance of proccing after 104.12 seconds Now if the only thing I changed was the item level of the trinket down to 502, it would have 100% chance to proc after 165.98 seconds. If we change the haste to the average of 6776 haste rating, it's at 174.07 seconds.

So as you can see the longer you are from dpsing the last of the trash and the start of the boss fight, the higher it is for you to proc the trinket at the start of the fight.

Now a good way to bypass this is to switch your trinkets right before the pull (equip a crappy trinket for your Rune while you wait for the rest of the raid and macro equipping your Rune with your pre-pot (I pre-pot with 1 second left on the DBM countdown).

Deleted
    Having a 3-5 TeB stack by the time runs out on the opener is huge. This will align with pre pot, other trinket proc, dancing steel, crit banner and in most cases hero/bl. Out of all the fights I've done this tier there is only 3 where you don''t want a proc on the opener. Those being Jin'Rokh, Primordius and Ji-Kun.

RPPM trinkets have an increased chance to proc on the pull - that's why on most occasions, you'll get a proc within the first 5 or so damaging attacks after you start attacking. I assume "on the pull" actually means "on engaging a boss-level enemy", but the blue poster did not elaborate. They also did not elaborate on the exact mechanics or this, specifically: what's the time window for this increased proc chance? Based from my very limited testing early in 5.2, I think it's less than 15 second, since putting Rune on ICD right before the pull would sometimes make it not proc until way over 30 seconds into the fight. Don't quote me on that, though.

In addition to what Pattison said above me about lining up everything with a small-size TeB, there's the concern of someone ninja-pulling and leaving you with a bad trinket equipped, or none at all. I really don't think this swapping is worth it at all.

Reequipping the trinket removes the built up protection for the next proc and starts the 22 second internal CD. However, you are still subject to the RNG that is real PPM. It can come off the ICD but this does not guarantee a proc. I've tried reequipping RoR before pull and would get my first proc at the start of the lightning storm in Jin. There is definitely still an element of randomness with this trinket and I hate it so much.

I need some help regarding weapon dmg and agi. i have some 1H Weapons and that Sha Claw with the 500 Agi Gem 2/2 normal mode.

7,6k-14,2 (4,222 dps) vs. 6,5-12,0 (3,570 dps) + 500 agi.

as a brewmaster i have a 2H staff but now i want to play with windwalker spec al little bit.
    13/13

Monk

15+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking, the 500 agi gem is equivalent to 5 ilvls

Just need a quick bit of advice,

Darkwood Spiritstaff - http://www.wowhead.com/item=95507 - Double upgraded
    or
    Wu-lai + Hand of the Dark Animus(lfr) - http://www.wowhead.com/item=94973 / http://www.wowhead.com/item=95770 - Can double upgrade both

Not sure which will be better

In order for 2H to be greater than DW, your 2H weapon needs to be ~ten items higher than your DW MH.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    In order for 2H to be greater than DW, your 2H weapon needs to be ~ten items higher than your DW MH.
    Thanks mate, just wanted some clarification on that. Now to regem and stuff for RoRo >.<

Deleted
    Greetings to you fellow Monks! Siennuh be the name (Ingame atleast) EU will be side of my world! I have some tricky questions. I have gotten myself the Jalak' normal Staff from Horridon and all the guides say it should be higher dps than my LFR Twin Consort's fist and my Sha-Touched+ Gemmed fist (without upgrades) but when I have been doing Heroics, raids, LFR it feels like that the 2xh 1h's are stronger than the 2h.

I have been using Mr Robot's reforges and such.
    You can also find my Monk from Defias Brotherhood in the Armory. As I think I can't post links yet.

Cheers!

Siennuh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegrand View Post
    Greetings to you fellow Monks! Siennuh be the name (Ingame atleast) EU will be side of my world! I have some tricky questions. I have gotten myself the Jalak' normal Staff from Horridon and all the guides say it should be higher dps than my LFR Twin Consort's fist and my Sha-Touched+ Gemmed fist (without upgrades) but when I have been doing Heroics, raids, LFR it feels like that the 2xh 1h's are stronger than the 2h.

I have been using Mr Robot's reforges and such.
    You can also find my Monk from Defias Brotherhood in the Armory. As I think I can't post links yet.

Cheers!

Siennuh.
    Hey Siennuh, some maths to consider on your weapon situation:
    1) I'm going to assume your offhand claw is 496 with ~5 more ilvls from the legendary gem (quoting Hinalover's post: "Generally speaking, the 500 agi gem is equivalent to 5 ilvls.") making it a 501 after everything.
    2) LFR Wu'lai is ilvl 502+8 ilvls from doulbe upgrade making it 510
    3) Normal Jalak's Maelstrom Staff is ilvl 522 + 8 more ilvls making it 530
    so
    The staff would be a clear upgrade from your situation overall with the ilvl upgrade being 20 levels on it's own. Somethings to consider about the sometimes higher dps you might see with the dual weapons versus the staff:
    1) You'd have an extra weapon enchant proc (dancing steel or windsong) so on trash pulls or short fights you might see more damage anecdotally
    2) like the situation above, more procs of tiger strikes, resulting in more dps in short burst moments.

TLR>The staff is your clear winner to use. Just gem it, upgrade it, and get a dancing steel enchant for it and you'll be good to go. Happy kicking!

Deleted
    Ah, right then! Thanks for the Input, tho I have mo questions, I think I'm a "decent" player, but math eludes my brain and what not. I have in my bags the following trinkets:

LFR: Bad Juju, 2x Soulcharms, Amulet of Bloodlust.
    Using atm: VP one and the Soulcharm.

So what are your oppinions, what should I use?
    I know I should get the rune, but I haven't been lucky.

:/

Thanks again for the input.
    Siennuh.
    Last edited by mmocad26a255aa; 2013-06-08 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegrand View Post
    Ah, right then! Thanks for the Input, tho I have mo questions, I think I'm a "decent" player, but math eludes my brain and what not. I have in my bags the following trinkets:

LFR: Bad Juju, 2x Soulcharms, Amulet of Bloodlust.
    Using atm: VP one and the Soulcharm.

So what are your oppinions, what should I use?
    I know I should get the rune, but I haven't been lucky.

:/

Thanks again for the input.
    Siennuh.
    From what I have seen, if you time using your fist of fury just right, you will get greater mileage out of the soul charm. After that if you could use the hit rating, then the VP trinket would be best. If not, then bad juju. I don't know much about using the amulet of bloodlust since I personally have the rune. I am sure others can chime on on that one.

excuse me but, staffs are actualy better than dual wielding?

Quote Originally Posted by Aminance View Post
    excuse me but, staffs are actualy better than dual wielding?
    If the two handed weapon is at least 10 ilvls higher than the main hand of your dual pair, then yes, it is better. Ohterwise dual wielding will out perform a two hander. The gain in main hand dps along with the higher stats will far outweigh the extra tiger strikes procs and extra weapon enchant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bounstar View Post
    Reequipping the trinket removes the built up protection for the next proc and starts the 22 second internal CD. However, you are still subject to the RNG that is real PPM. It can come off the ICD but this does not guarantee a proc. I've tried reequipping RoR before pull and would get my first proc at the start of the lightning storm in Jin. There is definitely still an element of randomness with this trinket and I hate it so much.
    Why not just go in with full chi bar and not reset the ICD, you should see around same effect if not a bigger burst then putting it on CD and risking no proc for around a min.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtdogs View Post
    Why not just go in with full chi bar and not reset the ICD, you should see around same effect if not a bigger burst then putting it on CD and risking no proc for around a min.
    Yeah that's what I go with these days. Just someone suggested taking off the trinket and I don't think it's a good idea.

I need advice on managing tigereye brew.
    Don't know if i have to use only when 10stacks or less.

Great guide and thread, thank you