Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    should I use all three of my mogu charms of good fortune on Lei Shen LFR for a chance at the Rune? Sadly im not in a guild that takes windwalkers to raids so normal mode is out of the question

Your guild must be pretty serious business not to be taking WW monks to normal modes weeks after the tier has been finished.

Being helpful - you can only use one mogu rune per week per boss, but yes you should use it on LFR Lei Shen if you don't have access to normal.
    Last edited by Sparkidy; 2013-06-11 at 09:51 PM. Reason: helpfulness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkidy View Post
    Being helpful - you can only use one mogu rune per week per boss, but yes you should use it on LFR Lei Shen if you don't have access to normal.
    Not true at all, you can use multiple runes on one boss.

Deleted
    A Quick Trinket Question:

Renataki's Soul Charm ilvl 549 (hc tf upgraded) vs.
    Bad Juju ilvl 543 (hc upgraded)
    Whats better for us monks with 4p t15 and RoR?
    I really don't know because everybody is saying because we have no snapshot options juju is better but on the other hand in this case renataki is 6ilvl higher

Would be nearly the same for Renataki hc (535) vs. bad juju normal thunderforged (528)

I hope anyone can give an advice other than "sim it" because i'm really having trouble simming a ww monk the way he works.

Thanks in advance

Should I only use TEB on cd?

Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 2P Bonus (New) Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm now generates 1 Chi. Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick now generates 2 Chi.

Am I missing something or is that as crap as it sounds. I'm reading it as it gives Chi instead of the proc, but it might give the proc -and- the Chi in retrospect

Same for
    Item - Monk T16 Windwalker 4P Bonus (New) Every 3 stacks of Tigereye Brew consumed cause your next Rising Sun Kick, Blackout Kick, or Fists of Fury to consume 1 less Chi.

It's not like we aren't relatively GCD capped as it is, let alone with next tiers gear.

I wonder if they're going to do anything about RoR on that note.
    Last edited by Stuffs; 2013-06-12 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcinet View Post
    Not true at all, you can use multiple runes on one boss.
    Did that change for 5.2? Took a month off around then, must've missed the memo.

@Deady only use Soul Charm if you can use the expertise, otherwise it's wasted and Juju is better. Juju overall is better with RoRo as it has no wasted stats.

On the T16 bonuses, they seem neat but I don't think they'll make live as they are. I feel like they will be changed because the bonuses will give us to much Chi to spend then we are capable of spending, it will also cause us to constantly cap on energy even more then we already do.

On RoRo, I will beat money on them beefing the proc rate like they dd with PVP so we are forced to get new trinkets which will in turn hopefully make them buff either Stance of the White Tiger or buff Rising Sun Kick yet again.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post

On RoRo, I will beat money on them beefing the proc rate like they dd with PVP so we are forced to get new trinkets which will in turn hopefully make them buff either Stance of the White Tiger or buff Rising Sun Kick yet again.
    Preferably Stance. Or they could overhaul Xuen and actually make him noteworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Preferably Stance. Or they could overhaul Xuen and actually make him noteworthy.
    And less inclined to fly off into the sunset.

Does anyone here have any advice on the heroic Horridon fight for the adds. I am having a hard time keeping my dps up on the Add portion of this fight.
    Thanks
    Brewzlee, Durotan-US

Just follow normal priority: SCK on four or more adds, else single target the strong add in the pack. We don't really excel on Horridon until the last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    Just follow normal priority: SCK on four or more adds, else single target the strong add in the pack. We don't really excel on Horridon until the last phase.
    I wouldn't really advise that if you need certain mobs dead asap. It's fine when it's on farm, but it Shamans for instance need to die asap

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    And less inclined to fly off into the sunset.
    Yeah, I don't know whats up with his AI. It gets really stupid on Durumu.

You'd figure they'd at least make the leap do some damage on impact, like Heroic Leap. There are a lot of options they could go with it, but at this point I just think of him as a novelty. It's stupid.

I have a little question, I checked AMR, but people say it's been shaky lately, so here comes; I was wondering if Bad Juju lfr upgraded is better or Rep 522 is better? Can upgrade it.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ak/Manu/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Brewzlee View Post
    Does anyone here have any advice on the heroic Horridon fight for the adds. I am having a hard time keeping my dps up on the Add portion of this fight.
    Thanks
    Brewzlee, Durotan-US
    If you have a tanking OS you'd probably be more valuable as a BrM, three tanking, than a WW, 2 tanking. (Assuming you have a pally tanking the boss)

(Sorry, I know this is the WW forums, but my DPS is really bad on horridon too and I know for a fact that BrM + Veng > Almost any DPS I could realistically do on my WW)

Just checked, and yep, you do have a BrM OS.

Here's what me and my co-tank do on that fight:

Door1 - I take the boss until the gate opens, then our pally taunts. I take my massive vengeance over and rape the first adds that come out. I eyeball the time until the first sanddouche drops, roll over, pick him up, start putting some hurt on him. Ignore the new new adds that come out, let your co-tank get those, slowly move the sanddouche over by the new adds. Move Left (Facing center of room, all directions I give will assume facing center of room cause you're on a door so that's really the only direction that makes sense to be facing to my brain) because that's where the dinodouche comes out. Leave your statue (earlier than now) where the adds come in from the door, where they stop moving. Use statue taunts on new adds. Pick up new sand douche, have DBM set up to auto-mark. Taunt the other inc. sanddouche from the right side over. Use SCK lots. Activate SCK when you get the dinodouche notification, your active ticks will get you initial agro on him. Initial agro = important more uptime for melee if he's not running around randomly before getting taunted. Burn dino to 50%, all dps should swap back to sanddouche, communicate which sanddouche you're killing first.

Doors 2 and 3 are largely the same. Just with the poison guys that need to be interrupted, and frost guys that need to be moved out of orbs.

Door 4, you want to burn the first bear, kill the shaman super fast. Bonus points for moving the shaman back towards the frozen orbs, so that when it starts dropping totems, you can move out and have more room. Never have 2 shamans up. It's best to split who's got the bears. Also I'm assuming possibly wrongly that you're on 25m, if you're on 10m, you should just solo tank the adds.

I made you a picture. I'll actually be putting this on MY forums because it turned out rather useful.

The doors are labeled as their number, 1 = sand 2 = poison 3 = ice 4 = bears

The adds are labeled in their order they come in, and the kill order. 2/3 come in at the same time. Stars indicate where the dinomancer comes in, you always want to already be where he's coming in. The yellow circles are where the adds become attackable out of the gate, and where I place my statue for taunts.

Middle indicates a rough positioning suggestion, raid should be on his left or right side, raid stacked including tank. Or minus tank if you've got the heals for it, so melee don't get parried.

Door2 ranged and melee should be roughly assigned interrupt duties on the poison puddle casts.
    Door4 ranged should interrupt flamecasters so they come to you and get cleaved down.

Final phase taunt for vengeance occasionally, but be careful to have guard up and dampen harm up and have your tank taunt back right away. You can't afford to take damage and have healers casting on you, it'll kill the tank tanking horridon. I glyph chi torpedo for this because it's good for rolling to get agro, and healing the raid, especially in the final phase between calls.

Final phase: Put your statue away from the raid, ~30 yards out from the tank tanking horridon. He'll exclusively get your shields, and you can also avert harm on top of him if he needs an external. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Sorry my advice isn't a WW related suggestion, but I honestly don't feel like ANY dps really competes with BrM on this fight for tanking and killing the adds quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Yeah, I don't know whats up with his AI. It gets really stupid on Durumu.
    You shouldn't be using him on Durumu in the first place. His Crackling Lightning never hits the boss, Xuen only does melee hits.

Thank you so much for the advice, I will definitely point our raid leader in this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    You shouldn't be using him on Durumu in the first place. His Crackling Lightning never hits the boss, Xuen only does melee hits.
    It was always normal, and I was too lazy to change since he was a non issue.

On that note, I'm figuring RJW is able to hit all of the ice walls fairly reliably?

It is. I'd say we're still pretty bad on that fight. Good thing that he doesn't drop anything useful - I can just sit it out every week we get there.

Deleted
    I have one question i didn't seem to see the response everywhere, when i use my fist of fury at the end of my Tigereye Brew, does the all cast of the fist will be up by the brew ?

And if that works don't we would always cast fof at the end of the brew when we have a RORO proc ?
    Thx for your answer, and sorry for my english.