Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, Fists doesn't snapshot TeB.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    No, Fists doesn't snapshot TeB.
    To add to this, if your TEB fades mid FoF, every subsequent hit will deal normal damage.

Deleted
    thx for the quick answer il will change this in my rotation

Deleted
    I got question regarding weapons. In T14 raiding first 1H weapon dropped 14 days before 5.2 so I was using staff for whole monk lifetime. Till now I had thunder-forged staff from Horridron (really lucky on our second kill on coin). Last night finally 1H weapons dropped. So now I have 1H axe from council and 1H mace from animus both 522 ilvl (well upgraded both I wanted to see difference). However I'm not sure if this is actually upgrade that thunder-forged staff have more secondary stats (well was over hit cap with that staff but waiting on some items which would solve that problem) even more agility. I read in 5.1 some topic (on EJ if I remember it well) where they said that 2H is worst than 2x 1H if ilvl difference is 10 points. Is this right in 5.3 or should I keep 536 staff instead of 2x 530 1H. Also does 2x 1H somehow alter monk rotation?
    BTW I dont have RoRO yet (hate Lei Shen since LFR was released using coin there also we was able to kill him on normal last 2 resets - no luck).
    My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Rinji/simple

Something I haven't found around the forums..

When is it best to use Berserking, before or after Xuen is popped?

Quote Originally Posted by Aerenx View Post
    Something I haven't found around the forums..

When is it best to use Berserking, before or after Xuen is popped?
    I'm using berserking after a RoRO buffed TEB. Gets the job done, I guess.

Deleted
    Ok guys, some questions concerning my monk. Hope you can help me out.

I have RoRo normal and my gear is at a lvl now that I have 7760 haste. I'm noticing that I don't get energy starved so much anymore, so I can Jab>BoK basically the whole time. However Simcraft shows me that both FoF and Chi Wave have higher DPET then BoK. Should I focus on getting my TEB stacks up as high as possible, neglecting FoF and Chi Wave, only using them when I'm low on energy. Or should I keep using those in my rotation, basically using them on CD whenever I can, when RSK is on CD?

Also what race do you guys think is best for ww monk, having the RoR trinket? Draenei allows you to reforge some excessive hit, because of the 1% extra hit, although the Epicurean buff of monk (300 agi) seems pretty nice too.

Last questions about weapons. Because of a insanely bad luck streak I still haven't got a 522 weapon, either one- or two hand. It got to a point that I'm actually using a +str weapon in main hand (522, Qon's Flaming Scimitar) and a LFR weapon (Hand of Dark Animus) on off-hand. Would a 522 2hander like the staff of Horridon or polearm on Lei Shen actually be better for me?

15+ Year Old Account
    a) Use them when you are low on energy. I tend to favor Energizing Brew > Chi Wave > FoF (only FoF if JUST use Rising Sun Kick and both EB and CW are on cooldown)

b) Going Draenei seems plausible but it's really up to you. A good chunk of the races have their perks. Orcs are in the same boat with their 1% Expertise to certain weapons.

c)if you do get a 2-hander then yea it will be SLIGHTLY better. but not by much. The main thing is the weapon damage on the weapon. The Agility is a bonus.

I'd go Pandaren from a min max perspective. This tier is pretty bloated regarding hit.

It's always that way towards the end of the Xpac, and its even worse this time because of all the ilvl bloating.

Hi,

i quit serious raiding at the end of cata and rarely spend time with theorycrafting nowadays, so a little help would be appreciated. i got an upgraded lfr RoRo, an upgraded vp trinket and an upgraded normal bad juju. the hit on the vp trinket is not wasted (i use the jin'rohk helm as off set item) but i could get the crafted boots (i still have the lfr boots dropped by IQ) which would put me way beyond hit cap.
    bad juju is a rppm trinket and hence its proc rate increased by haste rating, so how much haste is required to break even with the vp trinket in terms of average agility gain?

thanks

Deleted
    Short update from my side: I've quit playing wow a month ago and will not be updating this guide anymore. Don't think much has changed for monks in 5.3/5.4 so far but if it does, it might be worth for someone else to update my guide or write a new one.

If you're interested to know why I quit, feel free to PM.

I'll still be stalking these forums tho, so you're not entirely rid of me! muhaha

Bummer, this was one of the better made guides I've perused. Have fun doing what you're doing.

So.. I'm still confused to my stat priority, I've currently killed all the bosses on normal and 1 H Jinrok kill so far.. but my dps just seems lackluster compared to everyone else's.. usually on the bottom of the dps. I'm playing it right I just dont think i can get my stats right, or trinkets, RoRo has not dropped for us yet, and ive used my coin on our Lei Shen normal kills, nothing. So im using normal JuJu +8, and rep trink +8, i have the soul charm +8 as well...

The other question, i have the shared boss loot 1h mace +8, and the wu-lai fist wep lfr version +8, so a 530 and a 510, and have been using that for as long as i can remember, I have had the horridon staff since our very first kill of it, and just used it for tanking, but the other day i regemmed it and tested it out in our lei shen kill and i did way more dps with a 530 staff than a 530/510.. am i doing somehting wrong or should that happen... my build is mostly haste>mastery=crit... but ive tried it all, crit stacking, haste stacking, mastery stacking, and our rogue still beats the crap outta me, based on noxxics dps listings i should be ahead of him on patchwerk fights but i cant.. HELP PRS

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gbrew/advanced
    Soothingbrew Dark Iron US

Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra88 View Post
    So.. I'm still confused to my stat priority, I've currently killed all the bosses on normal and 1 H Jinrok kill so far.. but my dps just seems lackluster compared to everyone else's.. usually on the bottom of the dps. I'm playing it right I just dont think i can get my stats right, or trinkets, RoRo has not dropped for us yet, and ive used my coin on our Lei Shen normal kills, nothing. So im using normal JuJu +8, and rep trink +8, i have the soul charm +8 as well...

The other question, i have the shared boss loot 1h mace +8, and the wu-lai fist wep lfr version +8, so a 530 and a 510, and have been using that for as long as i can remember, I have had the horridon staff since our very first kill of it, and just used it for tanking, but the other day i regemmed it and tested it out in our lei shen kill and i did way more dps with a 530 staff than a 530/510.. am i doing somehting wrong or should that happen... my build is mostly haste>mastery=crit... but ive tried it all, crit stacking, haste stacking, mastery stacking, and our rogue still beats the crap outta me, based on noxxics dps listings i should be ahead of him on patchwerk fights but i cant.. HELP PRS

Switching between those weapons shouldn't have been that much of a difference. I switched the opposite way (530 staff -> 530/510) and did a few thousand more dps. Most likely you just did something better with your rotation.

As for your gear, that is far more haste than you should ever need. 6k I find is more than enough to prevent being energy starved. You probably energy cap quite a bit with that much. Never go pure haste or crit gems, try to have every gem have agility on it, as that is by far our best stat.

I found some logs from some of your recent kills, and you look pretty close to where you should be at your gear level. Replacing the valor trinket with the Rune as well as getting 4p tier will the best improvements you can get.

And your group's dps is very good, so don't be worried that you're not beating them without the Rune.

Edit: one thing you may or may not be doing is lining up your Tigereye Brew usage with trinket procs. That is a simple way to improve fairly drastically.
    Last edited by kerumilas; 2013-06-24 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kerumilas View Post
    Switching between those weapons shouldn't have been that much of a difference. I switched the opposite way (530 staff -> 530/510) and did a few thousand more dps. Most likely you just did something better with your rotation.

As for your gear, that is far more haste than you should ever need. 6k I find is more than enough to prevent being energy starved. You probably energy cap quite a bit with that much. Never go pure haste or crit gems, try to have every gem have agility on it, as that is by far our best stat.

I found some logs from some of your recent kills, and you look pretty close to where you should be at your gear level. Replacing the valor trinket with the Rune as well as getting 4p tier will the best improvements you can get.

And your group's dps is very good, so don't be worried that you're not beating them without the Rune.

Edit: one thing you may or may not be doing is lining up your Tigereye Brew usage with trinket procs. That is a simple way to improve fairly drastically.
    Haste is a hard stat to get comfortable with. Some people like more, some less. I would never say 6k is more than you will ever need.

To give you the quick answer as to why your DPS seems low for your gear is the fact that you don't have rune. Sadly for this tier our class revolves around that trinket. Once you get that you should see quite a increase.

To improve your DPS right now. I would suggest regemming so that you focus on Agility as your main stat. Therefore:
    Red: Pure Agi
    Orange: Agi+Secondary
    Blue: Agi+Hit

If you need further help posting a log would give us more to work with.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5crl002qvielsia2/ theres the most recent logs, and i believe that was with the 530/510, but i also just have this feeling that, if RoRo drops for my raid, the people that run the loot are clueless about monks, and how important that trinket is, and might give it to our rogue.. or hunter,, who knows...

oh and thanks for the replies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupacabra88 View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5crl002qvielsia2/ theres the most recent logs, and i believe that was with the 530/510, but i also just have this feeling that, if RoRo drops for my raid, the people that run the loot are clueless about monks, and how important that trinket is, and might give it to our rogue.. or hunter,, who knows...

oh and thanks for the replies
    Looking at your log of Twins, you have Windsong procs. You should have dancing steel on both weapons.

Other than that I don't see much wrong comparing your logs to mine. Our damage break downs seem similar. The only thing I could see is that you should of been able to do a couple more RSK on twins, but thats all. You also have only a 25sec uptime on your pot, I'm assuming you either forgot to pot or the pull was messed up?

Deleted
    Hello as a new used to Simulationcraft i have some questions. According to mine i should do 170k dps ' should ' if everything is perfect. But using a diffrent prio system than the one in the guide, it goes :
    M 51.02 rising_sun_kick
    N 11.51 fists_of_fury,if=!buff.energizing_brew.up&energy.time_to_max>4&buff.tiger_power.remains>4
    O 26.13 chi_wave,if=talent.chi_wave.enabled&energy.time_to_max>2
    P 19.40 blackout_kick,if=buff.combo_breaker_bok.react
    Q 15.63 tiger_palm,if=(buff.combo_breaker_tp.react&energy.time_to_max>=2)|(buff.combo_breaker_tp.r emains<=2&buff.combo_breaker_tp.react)
    R 168.19 jab,if=talent.ascension.enabled&chi<=3
    S 0.00 jab,if=!talent.ascension.enabled&chi<=2
    T 90.99 blackout_kick,if=(energy+(energy.regen*(cooldown.rising_sun_kick.remains)))>=40

Trying it out on boss dummy it sets me at around 100 - 120k dps without using brew and xuen ( ye i know.. )
    Trying the guide prio i am at around the same sometimes even higher. What do you guys use?
    Also, LFR RoRo or wait for normal? using VP trinket atm and since i cant link yet..its hard to explain and sure know harder for you hehe
    Last edited by mmoc10c6f1e3c4; 2013-06-25 at 12:35 AM.

Not sure about your first question (or what you even mean by it), but regarding this:

Quote Originally Posted by Danne View Post
    Also, LFR RoRo or wait for normal? using VP trinket atm and since i cant link yet..its hard to explain and sure know harder for you hehe
    LFR RoRo is a bigger dps upgrade than anything else, except better RoRo's. Especially now you can upgrade it.

Deleted
    does it worth to use tier or just get tf pieces to get more secondary stats for RoRo? i saw a thread about it but cant find it anymore