Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    does it worth to use tier or just get tf pieces to get more secondary stats for RoRo? i saw a thread about it but cant find it anymore
    The 4pc is pretty important for RoRo builds; it really helps you have a decent amount of stacks ready for your next proc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monemone View Post
    does it worth to use tier or just get tf pieces to get more secondary stats for RoRo? i saw a thread about it but cant find it anymore
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ink-we-need-it

Here it is. Too bad the discussion ceased in that thread.. it would be interesting to determine our BiS list.

Quote Originally Posted by monemone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Feinyr View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ink-we-need-it

Here it is. Too bad the discussion ceased in that thread.. it would be interesting to determine our BiS list.
    I did some rough calculations about it and posted them over at EJ some time ago. My conclusion was that 5 hc tf pieces would offer a marginal boost over hc 4 sec + hc tf gloves. It's by no means a bullet-proof conclusion, and things might change somewhat depending on gear levels. But it seems like the extra ilvl will be enough to compensate for the lack of tier bonuses, at least with the best selection of off-tier pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
    I did some rough calculations about it and posted them over at EJ some time ago. My conclusion was that 5 hc tf pieces would offer a marginal boost over hc 4 sec + hc tf gloves. It's by no means a bullet-proof conclusion, and things might change somewhat depending on gear levels. But it seems like the extra ilvl will be enough to compensate for the lack of tier bonuses, at least with the best selection of off-tier pieces.
    I did some work on it too and I got results basically saying that they are equal. I used Ra-den chest as the offpiece for the tier set. Here is the gear sets I used (I'm sure they could be optimised more) and the sim outputs I got.

Note: 1st SS is tier, 2nd is non-tier (I used Grimkeg's Character just for the fact he has BS and Egineering; and already had a lot of the gear)
    http://imgur.com/a/uK48O

I still think I would use no set if I had the chance to get all the items just due to the fact that I really don't like the RNG of 2set and 4set.
    Last edited by mmoc3d907a70fd; 2013-06-28 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pattison View Post
    I did some work on it too and I got results basically saying that they are equal. I used Ra-den chest as the offpiece for the tier set. Here is the gear sets I used (I'm sure they could be optimised more) and the sim outputs I got.

Note: 1st SS is tier, 2nd is non-tier (I used Grimkeg's Character just for the fact he has BS and Egineering; and already had a lot of the gear)
    http://imgur.com/a/uK48O

I still think I would use no set if I had the chance to get all the items just due to the fact that I really don't like the RNG of 2set and 4set.
    Honestly doesn't look worth it. When it's that close it comes down to preference and I'd take peace of mind knowing stacks will be there I need it. Will probably pick up HTF pieces for when we start dropping tier bonuses though.

Deleted
    In terms of looking at it from a min maxing point of view I'd said it's worth going for.

In terms of a idealistic world it just doesn't seem to matter.

Need some feedback... I am currently wearing a Heroic Thunderforged Renataki's (twice upgraded) - but I am sitting at over 10% expertise. Do you think it would be of benefit to put back on my 522 Shado Pan trink? The 549 ilvl makes me want to keep it :/ but seems like it might be a waste.

Secondly, my other trinket atm is a 522 Bad Juju. Whenever I finally get my Rune - should I keep the Bad Juju or the 549 Renataki's? Again, I know Rune+Bad Juju is "BiS" but the ilvl discrepacy is huge so I am not sure.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xinjun View Post
    Need some feedback... I am currently wearing a Heroic Thunderforged Renataki's (twice upgraded) - but I am sitting at over 10% expertise. Do you think it would be of benefit to put back on my 522 Shado Pan trink? The 549 ilvl makes me want to keep it :/ but seems like it might be a waste.

Secondly, my other trinket atm is a 522 Bad Juju. Whenever I finally get my Rune - should I keep the Bad Juju or the 549 Renataki's? Again, I know Rune+Bad Juju is "BiS" but the ilvl discrepacy is huge so I am not sure.
    I would say continue using it, but try to switch to the Tier helm and the chest from either Lei Shen or Tortos. ASAP! That is where most of your expertise is coming from.

Thanks for the advice! I am fairly certain that I have normal Rockfall Ribwraps as part of my BrM set (since I've only got 2pc for that spec) so I will keep on the lookout for the tier helm.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Hello, you gave me some good advice in the forums before and wanted to know if you could take a look at my exp and secondary stat gems.Is it possible to switch some around to maximize my damage. I have been following the original thread, but I'm not good at simcrafting. I'm not sure I have the right combination of gems.

Thanks
    Brewzlee-Chi Cerca Trova-Durotan

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewzlee View Post
    Hello, you gave me some good advice in the forums before and wanted to know if you could take a look at my exp and secondary stat gems.Is it possible to switch some around to maximize my damage. I have been following the original thread, but I'm not good at simcrafting. I'm not sure I have the right combination of gems.

Thanks
    Brewzlee-Chi Cerca Trova-Durotan
    I would strongly suggest checking out Zephyrus. That should get you to the most optimized stats for Rune. Your close, but it could get better.

edit:

I ran a quick run with Zephyrus and this is what I came up with:

Hit: 2557
    Exp: 2556
    Haste: 8485
    Crit: 8485
    Mastery: 8486

Reforges (194g 6s 82c): 9 differences
    Head: Hit > Critical Strike => Hit > Mastery
    Neck: Hit > Critical Strike => Mastery > Critical Strike
    Shoulder: Hit > Mastery => Hit > Haste
    Wrist: None => Haste > Critical Strike
    Hands: Hit > Critical Strike => Hit > Expertise
    Feet: Mastery > Expertise => None
    Finger 2: Mastery > Critical Strike => Haste > Critical Strike
    Trinket 2: Mastery > Critical Strike => Mastery > Haste
    Main Hand: Hit > Critical Strike => Hit > Haste

Enchants: 1 difference
    Hands: Enchant Gloves - Superior Mastery => Enchant Gloves - Super Expertise

Sockets: 2 differences
    Hands/Bonus: +60 Agility => None
    Off Hand/Bonus: +60 Agility => None

Gems: 5 differences
    Hands/Gem#1: Sensei's Wild Jade => Smooth Sun's Radiance
    Waist/Gem#3: Crafty Vermilion Onyx => Smooth Sun's Radiance
    Legs/Gem#2: Lightning Wild Jade => Jagged Wild Jade
    Main Hand/Gem#1: Perfect Quick Sunstone => Smooth Sun's Radiance
    Off Hand/Gem#1: Sensei's Wild Jade => Smooth Sun's Radiance
    And before you ask about the removal of socket bonuses, it does take into account Agility into the Calculations.

Edit 2:

I set it so that it gave the best possible outcome, but there are options to not lessen the effect if you are not one of those people who have the ability to cut gems, or gather the gold to buy gems, enchants, and/or reforges
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-07-05 at 06:46 AM.

I do use zephyrus, but I have never used the enchanting and geming part. Thank you so much for the advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I would strongly suggest checking out. That should get you to the most optimized stats for Rune. Your close, but it could get better.

edit:

I ran a quick run with Zephyrus and this is what I came up with:

Hit: 2557
    Exp: 2556
    Haste: 8485
    Crit: 8485
    Mastery: 8486

And before you ask about the removal of socket bonuses, it does take into account Agility into the Calculations.

Edit 2:

I set it so that it gave the best possible outcome, but there are options to not lessen the effect if you are not one of those people who have the ability to cut gems, or gather the gold to buy gems, enchants, and/or reforges

Hi, I have a question. I just got the LFR version of RoRo, and I used Zephyrus to try to make my stats as close as possible. However, the amount of haste that the program gave me is 6437, which is below the haste cap of 6.5k that is in this guide. So I was wondering if I should go ahead and use the suggested reforging?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiahz View Post
    Hi, I have a question. I just got the LFR version of RoRo, and I used Zephyrus to try to make my stats as close as possible. However, the amount of haste that the program gave me is 6437, which is below the haste cap of 6.5k that is in this guide. So I was wondering if I should go ahead and use the suggested reforging?
    The thing with RoRO is that it equalizes the stats. Having it below the 6776 is fine, just you may have to use your FoF, T30 abilities, and your Energizing Brew more often than you have been. However as you gain more secondary stats, you will be using those abilities less often. Keep your secondary stats as close as possible, even after you get past that 6776 mark. Look at me, I'm sitting at 9288 Mastery, 9287 Haste, 9287 Crit. According to AMR I should be at the Haste cap. But due to the energy downtime from the Trinket procs, my "Haste Cap" is just not attainable in current Tier secondary stats.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-07-05 at 06:33 PM.

Any thoughts on the new ptr changes?

Mastery: Bottled Fury has been redesigned. The Mastery now gives a chance to generate an additional charge of Tigereye Brew when the Monk gains one normally.
    Tigereye Brew received a number of adjustments.
    Stacks up to 30 charges (up from 20 charges).
    Can be consumed 15 at a time (up from 10 at a time).
    Increases damage by 5% per stack, (up from 1%* per stack) but is no longer increased by Mastery.
    The Monk gains 1 charge of Tigereye Brew for every 4 Chi spent (down from 1 charge per 3 Chi spent).

Dislike unless the mastery has an insane coefficient

It's not that I liked RoR, I hated it. It's just that blizzard just keeps fucking with things, and can't decide what they want to do

So I'm skeptical at best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too early to say at this point until we can get a base mastery %. It's a nerf either way, but to put some perspective, On Ji-kun, I've had times where I would f' up my pre-pull trinket switch, and the damage with and without is ~20k in Heroic gear. Best case scenereo, your talking maybe a 10k difference. I would suggest picking up both Renataki's as well as Bad Juju; NOW; if you haven't gotten them already.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-07-09 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Too early to say at this point until we can get a base mastery %. It's a nerf either way, but to put some perspective, On Ji-kun, I've had times where I would f' up my pre-pull trinket switch, and the damage with and without is ~20k in Heroic gear. Best case scenereo, your talking maybe a 10k difference. I would suggest picking up both Renataki's as well as Bad Juju; NOW; if you haven't gotten them already.
    Yep. Luckily I have a 522 mojo from ages ago

@the TEB changes: our damage is pretty good, not sure we really needed a nerf, though, seemed like Warlocks and a few others were keeping up just fine. (Honestly, when did this game become World of Warlocks?) But the biggest thing is that we have to completely relearn our class...AGAIN. 3 tiers, 3 completely different playstyles. Wish they'd make up their minds. I guess it comes with playing a new class...

Quote Originally Posted by Felade View Post
    @the TEB changes: our damage is pretty good, not sure we really needed a nerf, though, seemed like Warlocks and a few others were keeping up just fine. (Honestly, when did this game become World of Warlocks?) But the biggest thing is that we have to completely relearn our class...AGAIN. 3 tiers, 3 completely different playstyles. Wish they'd make up their minds. I guess it comes with playing a new class...
    Our damage is good because of current mastery and Rune. The actual Roro proc increases my overall dps by 18.5% averaged over the long run. Add to that the longer time needed to get a max stack TEB with the 5.4 mastery, and we'll probably need a 20-25% overall buff to not be worse off with this change.

Also, we won't have to relearn anything, since this new mastery is much more passive than our current one. All you'll need to relearn is the new stat weights.