High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

New monitor issues

I switched from a 27 inch monitor to a 24 inch monitor asus278 to asus ve247 on a geforce 560 ti.

I used the dvi cord to attempt to connect to either dvi port on the ti, then I also tried to do the same to the mobo. No luck in getting a display.

I noticed that my mobo had an HDMI port as well so I connected it and it worked, but direct3d doesn't seem to be enabled the only game I could successfully play was a flash game.

I opened the case up and saw that the 6 pin connector was loose, so I plugged it back in; but I read online that TWO six pin connectors hook up to the video card, is that possibly the reason that I'm not getting a dvi signal to the monitor?

edit: I used two brand new dvi cables, one that came with the monitor and one that I bought that the salesman didn't tell me was redundant.

Deleted
    I'm really confused by this post.

If all you did was switch monitors who did you need two new cables? Did you also get a new video card?

The fact your motherboard has a socket and that it works says to me your motherboard has some kind of built in graphics card? You might need to turn that off (or at least stop it from being the primary one) in the BIOS