Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Remove Chakra. Put a throughput cooldown (like Tree of Life, Archangel, the 54136359015 cooldowns Paladins have) there, the animation's only active when the cooldown's up.

Suddenly less spammy, not a problem anymore.
    Which would make it a better design, except if you go with the chakra's intent (different stance for different situation), you'd end up with three versions on a single cd, and considering holy already has guardian angel and divine hymn, that would compete paladins in amount of cooldowns. Probably a 45s-1m cd with 10-12s uptime and some weak bonuses, + altering power word into something powerful yet situational.. mmh.

Quote Originally Posted by Celentes View Post
    Which would make it a better design, except if you go with the chakra's intent (different stance for different situation), you'd end up with three versions on a single cd, and considering holy already has guardian angel and divine hymn, that would compete paladins in amount of cooldowns. Probably a 45s-1m cd with 10-12s uptime and some weak bonuses, + altering power word into something powerful yet situational.. mmh.
    Why do we need to keep the intent of "different stances"? Why should we, as healers, be forced to limit our output by this model when no other healer is penalized like this.

Guardian Spirit is.... broken. Hasn't worked in forever, still won't work until Blizzard actually bothers to encode an absorb failsafe into it like Ardent Defender (rather than: "You died. Your equipment takes 10% durability damage. You were healed for 4513895379. You are dead.").

Divine Hymn isn't a throughput cooldown so much as it is a raid-cooldown. Just like Tranquility. If you'll notice, I wasn't comparing it to another Tranq, but Tree of Life and Archangel, though I could've also used Spirit Shell, Power Infusion, Shaman's 4pc13 bonus (SpiritWalker = 30% haste if I remember right?). Avenging Wrath, to a lesser extent Guardian of Ancient Kings. Buttons that we push that let us heal harder, rather than auto-heal/mitigate for us.

Archangel in and of itself already is two of the three versions of an Align Chakra spell. It doesn't need to go into +Single Target OR +Multi-target. It's just on all healing. Druids get buffs to their spells and heal differently with Tree. Chakra as a stance mechanic isn't working, but there's no reason we can't have it as a functional output cooldown (an interesting output cooldown, because Lightspring and lolHymn are not interesting. Something that leaves me in control).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Why do we need to keep the intent of "different stances"? Why should we, as healers, be forced to limit our output by this model when no other healer is penalized like this.

Guardian Spirit is.... broken. Hasn't worked in forever, still won't work until Blizzard actually bothers to encode an absorb failsafe into it like Ardent Defender (rather than: "You died. Your equipment takes 10% durability damage. You were healed for 4513895379. You are dead.").

Divine Hymn isn't a throughput cooldown so much as it is a raid-cooldown. Just like Tranquility. If you'll notice, I wasn't comparing it to another Tranq, but Tree of Life and Archangel, though I could've also used Spirit Shell, Power Infusion, Shaman's 4pc13 bonus (SpiritWalker = 30% haste if I remember right?). Avenging Wrath, to a lesser extent Guardian of Ancient Kings. Buttons that we push that let us heal harder, rather than auto-heal/mitigate for us.

Archangel in and of itself already is two of the three versions of an Align Chakra spell. It doesn't need to go into +Single Target OR +Multi-target. It's just on all healing. Druids get buffs to their spells and heal differently with Tree. Chakra as a stance mechanic isn't working, but there's no reason we can't have it as a functional output cooldown (an interesting output cooldown, because Lightspring and lolHymn are not interesting. Something that leaves me in control).
    Was talking about stances because they're unlikely to give up the design of chakra stances for a single cooldown (more so with power word: chastice changing accordingly).
    GS being broken is a valid concern and should be addressed directly.
    Holy always felt a bit undershaped for me for some reason :/

Was talking about stances because they're unlikely to give up the design of chakra stances for a single cooldown (more so with power word: chastice changing accordingly).
    GS being broken is a valid concern and should be addressed directly.
    Holy always felt a bit undershaped for me for some reason :/
    Changes for Holy this expansion:

Stances more reinforced. Renew switched which stance buffs it. Oh and here's a glyph to make Lightwell like that thing we said we'd never do.

.....I mean, really?

Changes for Holy this expansion:

Stances more reinforced. Renew switched which stance buffs it. Oh and here's a glyph to make Lightwell like that thing we said we'd never do.

.....I mean, really?
    If you think about that, there's generally something wrong with changes in this expansion. Possibly because classes were already overdeveloped after all these expansions.
    Shadow changes look more like "Removed X, Y, Z, A and B slightly reworked, enjoy". And a lot of classes are like that tbh.

If you think about that, there's generally something wrong with changes in this expansion. Possibly because classes were already overdeveloped after all these expansions.
    Shadow changes look more like "Removed X, Y, Z, A and B slightly reworked, enjoy". And a lot of classes are like that tbh.
    Well with Shadow, and Discipline I should add, they've gone through several iterative processes to try and figure out what to go forward with. Shadow at the beginning of Mists beta wasn't in a good place at all. Then they phased through some things and now numbers wise it's a little low (can be fixed) but a lot of people don't like the BC style gameplay (which I really don't see an issue with, outside of the Mind Sear nerf).

Discipline has gone through several iterations of what it will take to make it work. Holy? "Here's a build with Atonement. Oh wait, we can't really give you that because with Chakra yours is stronger than Discipline's and it's stealing Disc's identity anyways"

and that was pretty much the entire iterative design process for Holy all expansion. It's not even that it had things removed or reworked, it just never had anything going to begin with.

Deleted
    Slightly off topic but wanna talk stealing Disc's identity? How about changing Power Infusion to a Talent so that every priest now can take it instead of Disc only. But now they are too scared Priests will be forced into this and make it a selfbuff instead of giving PI back to Discs and making a new unique Talent. I really don't like Blizzards way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winter_923 View Post
    Slightly off topic but wanna talk stealing Disc's identity? How about changing Power Infusion to a Talent so that every priest now can take it instead of Disc only. But now they are too scared Priests will be forced into this and make it a selfbuff instead of giving PI back to Discs and making a new unique Talent. I really don't like Blizzards way of thinking.
    Would you have preferred they did it to Archangel instead?

Quote Originally Posted by winter_923 View Post
    Well, they've done a lot of stuff like that with the new talent system, and Disc didn't really get hurt by homogenization much.
    Say, subtlety rogues are now... sort of.. rogues. I guess. PI wasn't exactly a signature spell for disc, but atonement was (and still is) something they want to keep as disc-only as a direction of offensive healing.
    Last edited by Celentes; 2012-08-16 at 07:51 AM.