10+ Year Old Account

Feedback on suggestion requested: The Bauble Bag

Reposting this in the correct forum since it should be an addition in Mists of Pandaria. If a mod could remove the one in the General forum that'd be cool. Sorry for the hassle.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings my fellow MMOChampionians!
    Today I'd like to hear your feedback on an idea of mine. By no means is this an original idea, but I sincerely hope that it'll reach the minds and hearts of WOW developers at some point.

We have a lot of bags. We have our backpack, which mysteriously hasnt grown with our character in size, and normal bags, which are now nearly twice as big as our entire backpack. Ontop of that, we have a lot of specified bags. Mining Bags. Gem Bags. Inscription Bags. Even Tackle Boxes. Play long enough, you'll have bags under your eyes. Bags are coming out of the whazoo.

But one bag is missing. The Bauble Bag.

Here is a LIST of all items that are currently listed as "miscellaneous" on wowhead, which are collectible items with a funny on-use effect that are useable without equipping them. They come from rare drops in dungeons, Archeaology, pickpocketing, fishing, the TGC, and in MoP, from a lot of Pandarian rarespawns.

Everyone has at lease some of these. Many of us have a LOT. Right now, I can easily fill over a bag's worth of these. Iron Dwarf Flask? Unusual Compass? Blood Elf Orb? Wind-Up Train Wrecker? Titanium Seal of Dalaran? Pick-a-nick Basket? Keg Pony? Heck, even your hearthstone!

The Bauble Bag would be similar to other specific-content bags, in that it has an increased size similar to mining/herbalism/etc bags. Only this one is for collecting baubles. Why baubles? Because the word trinkets is already used for equippable items.

Bauble Bag - 28 slots
    Vast Bauble Bag - 32 slots
    Immense Bauble Bag - 40 slots

Whaddayathink? Where do you think it should come from? Tailoring? Leatherworking? Bought at reputation? Bought for justice points? A rare archaeology find? Fishing for feedback here before posting it on the official forums.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never found a need for those specialized bags, but hey, if people do then sure, why not? Makes sense to me

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

This is one I would use, no question. But there are equippable trinkets out there that belong in a bag such as this. The Orb of Deception comes to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    This is one I would use, no question. But there are equippable trinkets out there that belong in a bag such as this. The Orb of Deception comes to mind.
    For the sake of consistency, those "just for fun" trinkets would unfortunatly not be included. Like the Cthun tentacle, the Maximillian (Un'goro) Lance, the Arrakoa Trinket, the Voodoo Gnome Trio and the Orb of Deception to name a few.

Alternativly, Orb of Deception and the Arrakoa trinket could lose their trinket status and become a 'Bauble' too, as they honestly oughtta be.

I'd welcome such bag anyday!

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    I never found a need for those specialized bags, but hey, if people do then sure, why not? Makes sense to me
    I use them on alts and gathering toons. For my character that I use only for mining and herbing I'll have a herb and mining bag. For my JC toon I'll have a gem bag in the bank to store all the gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely would like to see a bag like this. I generally use my back pack as my bauble bag as it limits me to the amount of them I can keep on my character.

I'd honestly prefer a sort of Bauble Vault (god that's funny to say) instead. An additional bank where you can stash away one of each vanity item in the game, separated into things like costume items, summons, things like that. Reason being, you usually never have more than a couple of these items on you at any one time, so going back to a city to swap a couple out doesn't seem like that big of a deal (and you'd probably use a bag like this in your bank anyway!). I've wanted something like that for the multitude of archaeology rares I have taking up space in my bank, which I can't delete because it would take forever to get them as a project again and complete them.

The major problem with these vanity items is that they're almost always soulbound and a pain to reacquire if you lose them (see: archaeology). If they were at least BoA, you could mail them off to a bank alt. But a bag like this could be useful; I'd probably fill a 40-slot bag no problem!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dblbaconator View Post
    I'd honestly prefer a sort of Bauble Vault (god that's funny to say) instead. An additional bank where you can stash away one of each vanity item in the game, separated into things like costume items, summons, things like that.
    Heh, its unlikely for that one to happen due to Void Storage being introduced so recently. Glad you like the Bauble Bag idea though!
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-08-16 at 08:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Definitely would like to see a bag like this. I generally use my back pack as my bauble bag as it limits me to the amount of them I can keep on my character.
    Unfortunatly the backpack still isnt growing in size with character level. Some sort of ancient coding problem Blizzard used as an excuse for not implementing this.

Great idea. You get lots of flavour on-use items from questing in Pandaria, and they even added rare mobs who drop fun items. I'm surprised that they didn't make a bauble journal already.

I believe that one of the "excuses" given by Blizzard regarding backpacks was that lots of important data such as gold, your mother's maiden name etc is encoded in the backpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Houston View Post
    Great idea. You get lots of flavour on-use items from questing in Pandaria, and they even added rare mobs who drop fun items. I'm surprised that they didn't make a bauble journal already.

I believe that one of the "excuses" given by Blizzard regarding backpacks was that lots of important data such as gold, your mother's maiden name etc is encoded in the backpack.
    Something like that.
    Having found out recently theres gonna be similar items just found in Pandaria in hidden locations, not only from rares, makes me wish for a Bauble Bag even more.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-09-14 at 01:42 PM.

Would have to manually add too many items to be feasible. The list you provided is too short, there are a lot of other items that should fit into it.

Personally, I'd just like an equipment satchel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the idea, as for where it should come from, I think archaeology is a good and logical suggestion. I love specialized bags, have plenty of those, fishing, herbing, mining, inscription ones.

Deleted
    Sorry instead of this they should make the 16bslot bag automatic grow in size depending on xpac: Vanilla 16slot, TBC 20slot, WolK: 24slot, Cata: 28Slot, MoP: 32 etc - that would help imho much more....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry instead of this they should make the 16bslot bag automatic grow in size depending on xpac: Vanilla 16slot, TBC 20slot, WolK: 24slot, Cata: 28Slot, MoP: 32 etc - that would help imho much more....
    That'd be my second suggestion. Honestly, I can already easily fill one and a half Illusionary Bags with these sorts of items.. and this is pre-Pandaria, where these itemsa re ALL OVER THE PLACE. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like this, however I want it as a keyring type of bag so it doesn't take up a bag slot and you don't have to pick which toys you wish to carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good idea. I just stick mine in the bank right now, even then it'd be nice to have one bag to hold them all to leave plenty of space for the other stuff I'm saving.