Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    maybe they had bad exp with females in the past or just want to make anti-woman jokes in raiding.
    just ignor them and get another (better) guild

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    The truth as you want to believe it.
    I agree with you, the percentage isn't nearly high enough.


    Edit: It's at least equivalent to the number of male players that are bad, which is at least 95%, I'd argue closer to 99%.
    Last edited by Condoner; 2012-08-15 at 06:53 PM.

  3. #243
    Number of men I have kicked or seen kicked from guilds I've been in: Lots. And pretty much all of them deserved it
    Number of women kicked: 0.

    Most of this thread now consists of little boys breathlessly telling their true stories about "Oh my God, guys! I was like, totally in this guild and a girl joined, and was being like all hot and stuff, and then the raid leader totally gave her loot, and one of us needed it for off tank kit, and we were like, totally kick this bitch now man, and the raid leader was telling us to like, shut the fuck up, and then one of our raiders walked out in disgust, so I whispered her telling her to die and she left. Guys rule!"

  4. #244
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,885
    The biggest reason is that the general assumption is that one female in a room full of males will use that to her advantage. Just as one male in a room full of females would likely do the same (though also likely to less effect).

    When you know you can get attention and special treatment, you're more likely to strive for it. That's the generalization of females on the internet.

    Do I agree with it? No. Though I would be lying if I said I had never witnessed female players who lived up to that stereotype. In fact, I have known a few in my time playing this game.

    My guild has a massive amount of female raiders. Even compared to most of the guilds in this thread who have three or four. My guild has, as far as I can count now based on future interest and previous roster, no less than six. Only one of them, funny enough, is a healer (and one of my most trusted healers to boot, as I am the healing class leader). One is a tank/melee DPS, three are melee DPS, and one is a caster DPS. All of them are fun to be around. Sure, I am flirty, and they are flirty sometimes, but it is respectably so and not in the interests of "hooking up" or "manipulating for gear" or anything of that nature.

    I can understand the stance that some guilds might have against female members. If I recall, there's even one guild out there that has a strict "no boys allowed" policy. Some people just don't want to take that chance. I don't agree with it, but I can respect that decision.

  5. #245
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    yeah i think the cell phone rule is a bit over the top , i mean say your hanging out with some real life friends and your phone goes off , then you say to your mates " hey sorry guys i got to go , my guild needs me to come and tank deathwing " . I think that would make you look like a right prick. At the end of the day its just a game even if your raiding HC mode or normal. As far as the female rule goes , i'm happy to say that the guild i am in , the GM is a female and in our raid team1.

    if you are not going to comit to your raid then move along to a guild that does not need you to be on at a specific time to perform a specific task.

  6. #246
    Mechagnome Nah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    614
    By the way, the guild referenced in the OP seems to be Nebula of Stormreaver US: http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...ting.tier13_10
    16/16H 13/13H US55 25m - Dragonling WW monk retired July 6, 2013


  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Number of men I have kicked or seen kicked from guilds I've been in: Lots. And pretty much all of them deserved it
    Number of women kicked: 0.

    Most of this thread now consists of little boys breathlessly telling their true stories about "Oh my God, guys! I was like, totally in this guild and a girl joined, and was being like all hot and stuff, and then the raid leader totally gave her loot, and one of us needed it for off tank kit, and we were like, totally kick this bitch now man, and the raid leader was telling us to like, shut the fuck up, and then one of our raiders walked out in disgust, so I whispered her telling her to die and she left. Guys rule!"
    Indeed!

    I can re-call FAR MORE guys being kicked from guilds than women, Hell even in my current guild more guys than girls are kicked.

    Women,Girls,Ladies,Chicks whatever

  8. #248
    The Lightbringer Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Whales
    Posts
    3,426
    They do?

    Based on my own experiences (having been in a top 100 guild) the sex didn't even matter.

    My old Guild-master and Raid leader was a woman, and she's highly regarded on my server as one of the best players around. She's quit the game now but people still ask me if I know whether she's coming back or not.

    Again, similar situation with an Alliance guild on my realm where their GM/RL/top healer is female and while I was raiding in my previous guild they were even trying to recruit her because of how good she is at the game, not because she has breasts.

    I'd be lying if I said I hadn't met the bad kind of gamer girl too, we had one once who tried it on with every guy in the roster until she found one who paid over £100 buying her name/race changes and vanity pets. Still, silly policy not to take on female players based on a stereotype, and you get just as many retarded guys as you do e-whore girls.. You'll miss out on a lot of good players that way.
    Last edited by Valarius; 2012-08-15 at 06:57 PM.

  9. #249
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,486
    Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post

    There are still important things besides "has mic, has hc experience, has no life." You have to realize a lot of people looking for a new guild are people who were a terror in their old guild.
    and knowing this is why i approach the leader of the guild that the individual was kicked from or chose to leave. nine chances out of ten you can save yourself a world of hurt and not invite someone that will just repeat their actions in your guild.

  10. #250
    Mechagnome Saeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, Uk
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    By the way, the guild referenced in the OP seems to be Nebula of Stormreaver US: http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...ting.tier13_10
    They aren't even that high ranking or even classing themselves as 'hard-core' so the whole thread has been pointless...

  11. #251
    Mechagnome Nah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    They aren't even that high ranking or even classing themselves as 'hard-core' so the whole thread has been pointless...
    US 76th 10-man, not amazing, but better than most here. (e) They call themselves "Semi-hardcore" (much as BC does) because they keep the same raid schedule during progression, rather than raiding 5-6 days a week during the first month or so of a tier as many of the highest ranked guilds do.
    Last edited by Nah; 2012-08-15 at 06:59 PM.
    16/16H 13/13H US55 25m - Dragonling WW monk retired July 6, 2013


  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    Some guilds just have terrible recruiting methods too so it's easier to just stereotype. That's why we make stereotypes. Because it's easier than thinking.
    Actually, scientists theorize that it's part of how our brains function, that we're essentially incapable of empathizing with anything beyond about 150 people, so surplus people become roles, caricatures, and stereotypes, because our brain can't process that many people as "people."

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 01:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Indeed!

    I can re-call FAR MORE guys being kicked from guilds than women, Hell even in my current guild more guys than girls are kicked.

    Women,Girls,Ladies,Chicks whatever
    I think you're proving someone's point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    Some guilds just have terrible recruiting methods too so it's easier to just stereotype. That's why we make stereotypes. Because it's easier than thinking.

    Learn about the personalities of your raiders. Recruit people who refuse to be carried. Recruit people who are competitive. Recruit people who see someone in similar gear of the same class outperforming them as a problem that needs to be solved. Recruit people who research. Recruit people who don't make excuses for themselves. Recruit people who don't believe that you need full HC gear to do adequate dps. Recruit people who actually want to raid and would still raid even if raids didn't drop gear.

    There are still important things besides "has mic, has hc experience, has no life." You have to realize a lot of people looking for a new guild are people who were a terror in their old guild.
    Sorry to break your bubble, but stereotypes exist for a reason. They are often perpetuated by those in the stereotype...

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by chop0080 View Post
    When I say most, I mean off the top of my head the 20 females I can name RIGHT NOW that I've known for a long time, only 3 are OUTSTANDING player, and there's only maybe 2-3 that own they're not that good at the game. The rest in the middle think they're the bomb when they are most certainly not.
    You know, I can turn that completely around and it's still relevant.
    Out of all the guys I've met in game, I can count the outstanding ones on 1 hand. Most of them thought they were the dog's nadges even if they were only average. And a lot were just plain bad.

    What you need to realize is that most of the people that play wow are male. That means that statistically you will play with more males than females. However if you put it into perspective and look at the percentage of good players within each group you'll find the 'good vs. bad' player ratio is about equal.
    The problem is that there's the 'zomg a girl!' factor in play too, the very notion that 'player X' is a girl instantly puts her at the centre of attention for many players, so if she plays up, then 'zomg girls are such dramaqueens lololol!' - but if she's a good player then nobody bats an eyelid.



    I have of course had the 'pleasure' of meeting drama queens and and utter bints that think of nothing but furthering their own goal, - but quantity wise most of those were male.

    And I cringe when people keep saying that a girl joined the guild and tore it apart. I mean, wow. It's all her fault of course, not the fault of all the guys that fawned at her feet and started thumping their chests in an effort to try to have a chance of getting into her knickers. Yea, it's all her fault and none of the guys are to blame for any of it. - Ever heard of the phrase 'it takes two to tango'? If there was no response then there would be no drama.
    Here's a hint, if a girl is causing problems or being a drama queen just boot her. Doesn't matter if she's the baggage of someone else, they should either understand or bugger off. - Man up and grow a pair. (And stop thinking you can get into her knickers)

    In my (10 man) raid team we have about 2-4 ladies each raid, all of them stellar players. We got to 6/8hc in DS before we got bored with it. (plus, summer vacations etc.) Never have any drama problems.
    Grow up; having a mixed gender guild of (mostly) balanced adults is the most enjoyable environment you can ask for.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireFyre View Post
    Saying someone can't be sad because other people have it worse, is like saying that you can't be happy because someone else is happier. It makes no sense.

  15. #255
    Moderator Krekko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    4,281
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkLosQzcYDk

    Yes. No girls. No girls at all.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    | [MoP]Ret Paladin Guide | Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

    WoW Level Scaling Feature

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    The biggest reason is that the general assumption is that one female in a room full of males will use that to her advantage. Just as one male in a room full of females would likely do the same (though also likely to less effect).

    When you know you can get attention and special treatment, you're more likely to strive for it. That's the generalization of females on the internet.

    Do I agree with it? No. Though I would be lying if I said I had never witnessed female players who lived up to that stereotype. In fact, I have known a few in my time playing this game.

    My guild has a massive amount of female raiders. Even compared to most of the guilds in this thread who have three or four. My guild has, as far as I can count now based on future interest and previous roster, no less than six. Only one of them, funny enough, is a healer (and one of my most trusted healers to boot, as I am the healing class leader). One is a tank/melee DPS, three are melee DPS, and one is a caster DPS. All of them are fun to be around. Sure, I am flirty, and they are flirty sometimes, but it is respectably so and not in the interests of "hooking up" or "manipulating for gear" or anything of that nature.

    I can understand the stance that some guilds might have against female members. If I recall, there's even one guild out there that has a strict "no boys allowed" policy. Some people just don't want to take that chance. I don't agree with it, but I can respect that decision.
    Are you Fenixdown of <Inspect Her Gadget>? Probably not, you're probably the one in <Wrath>. But I'm going to pretend and chuckle to myself for a bit.

  17. #257
    There is one reason that is seldomly addressed.

    Sexual discrimination.

    Let me give you an example...
    5 males are playing a dungeon. Chatting on TS, having a good time when one of them explains to his mate that he can suck his d*ck and hairy ba**s , you f*cking bastard. Normally males will simply laugh at this because even at age of 35, we communicate like this within confines of a friendly environment.

    Should you say something like this to a female you are more then likely to get a ban from GM for sexual abuse and / or lots of yelling from female player.

    In a nutshell this is a great part of why HC raiding guild dislike female players or non HC for that matter.

  18. #258
    Mechagnome Saeran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, Uk
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    US 76th 10-man, not amazing, but better than most here. (e) They call themselves "Semi-hardcore" (much as BC does) because they keep the same raid schedule during progression, rather than raiding 5-6 days a week during the first month or so of a tier as many of the highest ranked guilds do.
    That is my point - they aren't a HC progression guild, unlike what some people were referring to here.

    My guild which classes itself as semi-hardcore too raids far more in new content.

    Anyway, back on topic, I have to agree with the poster that stated that because the female gamer is in the minority, it will always be the female who is at fault when 'drama' within a guild and is never of course the male... I would never dream of, nor have I ever had a fellow female guildie, use her sex for an advantage within a guild environment. In fact, if I did get preferential treatment I would be insulted.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Because they often cause drama, or get guys to cause drama.
    I'd say that's the biggest reason, they don't want to deal with the drama a lot of women tend to bring to a raid. I know not all women cause drama and yes I know men can cause at least as much but most of the guild drama I've encountered were mostly caused by female members.

  20. #260
    Ran a casual guild after my days in vanilla, after my hardore days in naxx O.O

    A chick unbeknownst to the guild community except for my guild officers and GM, she would take advantage of officers for key loots. No joke, it's more common than you might suspect. She was going around their states and asking to go 'out' with them, she would then later commence the attack with the ability known as 'feminine charm' and sometimes go all the way, as in one video clearly showed...it...GO DOWN!!!!!!!!! I was the one officer (besides a female officer who wanted her ousted) that turned her down after finding this all out (she was only semi attractive, guess they were just desperate and I was only 15 at the time, SO JOKES ON YOU?)

    Some girls are just god awful at playing WoW. We've trialed a bunch that couldn't perform well enough and let them go. Nowadays though, I'm the only healer that's a guy besides the other shaman in our 25m core group (that's 7 healers), and even our GM is a chica, (also a healer), and at least 3-4 dps'ers, and our tank is chick. Almost top 100 US so I'd say we did pretty decent considering we were with over 10 females...so the skepticism of females being good are not right. I enjoy playing with a bunch of awesome chicas; it's just hard to find a group of the minority out there that are so damn good that they work together instead of personal gain, are just god awful, cause drama due to that perception of women being crazy that one part of the month, and are not lewd and lascivious girls around your guildies. These kinds of acts are performed on both sides by the way, not by women only. I've seen guys get away with things like this by swooning the GM with flirty comments.

    I've also seen people get married, date, and even have happy families from meeting on this MMO, it's not a bad thing to mingle with them it's just usually that isn't the case with hardcore people. They are focused on the raid, and that's all. Any mingling or otherwise other act of dating that COULD cause drama will be halted due to it causing a rift in the guild itself. That may be another reason why guilds prefer one sex to the other.

    Going off track now, but perhaps some believe the female sex cause more harm than good, maybe based off personal experience, maybe they're just sexist...I've met sexist women as well in WoW, trust me it's not just one side.

    There could be a number of reason, perhaps they're just parroting other guilds to show they are serious about raiding. That would just slap them back in the face though, from my experience you cannot turn anyone down simple because of gender, that female shadow priest might be better than that shitty fire mage dude you just recruited last week for all you know.

    I'm done for now...my guild will probably be commenting on this....have fun fending off those crazy females!?!?!?! lololol...I kid rhapsody! Don't kill me lawful...sprixi...sup cocoa O.o

    (I'm also sure you knew most of this yourself, don't worry I felt weird when I was denied access to the female guild back in vanilla once, you get used to it...)



    MAH SIG:

    Last edited by Fliponovic; 2012-08-15 at 07:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •