Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Males vs Females kick ratio... That's of course in favor to the females, counting raw numbers. Naturally, because there are just a lot more males in the game... By percentage tho the ratio could be a little narrower.. Yet, I know that there are a lot more females in the game as it seems. Many of them just prefer to stay below the radar, to avoid trouble and harassment from basement dwelling idiots who think just about every female is a good replacement for a jerk-off magazine..

Now for raiding.... Throughout my whole time from Vanilla WoW until today, I've always had females in the guild raids I was in. Not once was there any female that was a bottom dweller on the meters. Not a single one of them was creating any problem whatsoever. Not one of them did or at least tried to use their gender to gain any form of advantage over others.
    There is only one exception, I can think of. The last guild I was with had a couple on the raiding helm. They - as a couple - took advantage of their positions as raid leaders ( I don't even know why they leaded the raids, cause both had no clue about the fights, and no clue about their classes either) and Co-GL's to shove any gear they needed to every toon they had. But I wouldn't pin that on the fact that she was a female, rather on bad character....
    My current guild ranks 3rd on the realm, and the main raid group has females in it as well. One of them raid leads the Alt-runs and the "Casuals-group".
    I also have a female in my family who plays WoW on hardcore level. Her main class is feral druid, and I don't know a better kitty druid than she plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care much for the cel phone thing either. i don't have one. i have a perfectly good land line, and no reason for anyone to need me if i'm not home, since if i'm not i'm doing something far more important than the game. Also find the at least 1/8 DS HM sorta funny. since my very casual guild has that much.

Also, i am female and main tank for my guild. before this one i was in a much better raiding guild and have been asked into some of the better raiding guilds on server (refused due to time constraints).

That said it's their guild. if they don't want female players, that's their choice. just move on.

Deleted
    find a guild not run by an immature twat, damn id prefer raiding with women, less ego stroking.

Deleted
    the only problem that i can see is that some male members act ... weird and unprofessional .. when paired up with females even though they never met in reality.

From experience, we had alot of trouble with a female raider, she would always log off mid raid if the smallest thing didn't go her way or if she was given any criticism. She also flirted behind the scenes with some of our best players and moved onto flirting with someone else every 2-3 weeks, often causing the previous recipient to leave the guild.

However, we have 3 female raiders who don't cause any trouble at all so although its the absolute minority, I see how one bad experience could lead to this irrational generalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    Because HC raiders are frightened of women. That's why they're able to spend so much time pushing for World Firsts. It's easy when vagina scares you.

1. Females are not good around a bunch of male shut-ins.
    2. Females are generally emotionally unstable.
    3. Females are generally not open to constructive criticism.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because they don't want the drama?

Note that I'm not necessarily saying that females are to blame because a lot of the time it's males facilitating the drama to begin with. Both parties are to blame, because of well, human nature lol.

People can do what they want and while I wouldn't have such a restriction (our 10 man has 4 females and are well within the top 100 in the US) I can't necessarily blame them if they had a bad experience.

You see these types of restrictions everywhere. Some people like ourselves don't allow people under 18 because they don't have a handle on their own lives, or at least to a very limited fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    I think you've been extremely fortunate; I'd estimate roughly 60% of the guilds I've been in that have collapsed have been due to women who used their 'assets' for personal gain. The sad part is each of those guilds had some women who were fantastic raiders as well then 1 bad apple turned up and ruined it for everyone.
    Indeed.

The best thing though? My current guild, there are loads of women, because most of the main raiders are RL couples who started playing wow. So when we had this bitch come in and try to ditzy, bat my eyelashes to get gear bull-crap, she didn't last long. Everyone was just kinda like "Meh... We're tired of you being annoying and trying to start shit. Also you're terrible."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Nice to see chauvinism is alive and well in the 21st century. It is the internet though, obnoxious little boys hide behind their computers to freely insult and incite whomever they please. Most men wouldn't put up with that IRL, and seeing what the stereotype for the gender biased "gamer" tends to be, most women would happily flatten the little savages too, should such tripe be spewed towards them in the real world.

Just because some women try to gold dig their way through raiding doesn't mean all do. I play WoW for fun, Im not interested in leading anyone on or using a video game as a dating service. Please assume the former and not the latter for any given female gamer...

Quote Originally Posted by sockzz View Post
    1. Females are not good around a bunch of male shut-ins.
    2. Females are generally emotionally unstable.
    3. Females are generally not open to constructive criticism.
    #1 and 3 can be applied to men a lot of the times. #2 it depends on what you define as emotionally unstable.

Women are just a minority to this game, if it was equal 50/50 we'd probably group bad male and female players the same. ❤

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Nice to see chauvinism is alive and well in the 21st century. It is the internet though, obnoxious little boys hide behind their computers to freely insult and incite whomever they please. Most men wouldn't put up with that IRL, and seeing what the stereotype for the gender biased "gamer" tends to be, most women would happily flatten the little savages too, should such tripe be spewed towards them in the real world.

Just because some women try to gold dig their way through raiding doesn't mean all do. I play WoW for fun, Im not interested in leading anyone on or using a video game as a dating service. Please assume the former and not the latter for any given female gamer...
    No. people just know when it is one of the former (and there will be one. There always will be at least one) that they can ruin an entire guild.

But I like the way you insult the hell out of people for using stereotypes, then use stereotypes. :3 Keep it classy.
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    The sad part is each of those guilds had some women who were fantastic raiders as well then 1 bad apple turned up and ruined it for everyone.
    Yes, unfortunately the small minority of idiots give the rest of female players a bad name.
    It's a bit daft that when a male behaves destructively in a guild, people say "he's a dick."
    If a female does it, people say "well, she's a girl."
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Yes, unfortunately the small minority of idiots give the rest of female players a bad name.
    It's a bit daft then when a male behaves destructively in a guild, people say "he's a dick."
    If a female does it, people say "well, she's a girl."
    Nah, I apply that to both. When I guy goes on a tirade, it's usually because of epeen insecurity and not wanting to be beta male. And then he leaves. And everyone sighs.

When the bad stereotype of a female gamer enters a guild and tries to use the fact that she's a woman to get special treatment and causes more than one person to leave the guild, it's a bit more "because she's a girl" though.

The short answer: Because they are stupid.

However, it is their guild(s) and they do reserve the right to restrict who they recruit. To me, that looks just as bad as saying "Sorry we don't allow minorities in because they can't be trusted and might steal from the guild bank." Stereotyping just makes you look badly. I would immediately look at another guild to apply to.

Most likely they are trying to "avoid drama" which doesn't make sense to me seeing as when you get a bunch of guys (or heck, just people in general) together and there will always bound to be some sort of conflict that happens. With a group of people you will always have differences, it's how you deal with those differences which can result in either drama or not. It just shows they lack people skills, and I wouldn't want to be a part of that guild anyways. Besides, if they are recruiting at this point that you only need 1/8 H DS with the massive nerfs 9 months into the raid you might want to stay FAR away from them regardless of them excluding women in their raiding roster.

It's just sad that women have a bad rap for being awful players, drama queens, and attention whores in gaming. Makes it that much harder for the rest of us who are actually legitimate raiders. Luckily, I haven't had any issues being a female player in any top end guild since Vanilla on my server.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Female players *always* lead to drama. Sorry ladies but you absolutely create drama. It's not even your fault.

The best way to maintain secrecy on your sex is to simply state you are a man and not offer any chances to dispute it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I know plenty of women in WoW. A lot of who are in my guild. I also know that the top dps is a women in our guild and that she will beat a lot of the top guys without any issue at all.

Saying girls aren't allowed in a guild is bullshit. Just because a lot of guys in the gaming community go all wierd when they meet a girl ingame doesnt mean you should shut them out. I met plenty of girls in my time online gaming and I saw a lot of guys go wierd when they found out that person was a girl just because she was a girl.

Besides, girls can multi task making their odds on being a good raider bigger then a guy can ever achieve.

Some girls are drama queens. I know from one who left and took a handfull of guys along with her simply because she was a girl. And yes people like that give a bad name to the female gaming community. But I also saw more then enough guys who were worse drama queens then most of the girls I met online.

What the OP should be deciding is why she would want to be in a guild that is against female players. A guild that can't acknowledge female players is not a good guild, and if they are good, they are just shitty people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    Have you considered that they may be gynophobic?

This whole thread is nothing more than female initiated drama.............

I'd like to see logs, ranks and armories of all these ''best player i ever saw and it was a girl!!!!''

And yes, they do cause more drama. This is not being offensive, this is fact.