Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
22
23
31
... LastLast
  1. #401
    I feel for female raiders, I really do. Because there's a small sub-section of female gamers who are terrible at the game, and another small sub-section of female gamers who are bat-shit-insane and cause uberdrama, the rest of the legit female gamers get shoehorned into this stereotype. It can't be easy.

    I myself have seen all 3 types of female gamer. I play with 2 of the best female gamers in the world, and each gives me a run for my money. I've also seen female applicants who were simply awful, the typical "ditzy blonde" stereotype. I've also seen other female applicants who, and I shit you not, threatened to SUE THE GUILD LEADER because she transferred to our server and was denied based on skill level. Many LOLs were had that day.

  2. #402
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,828
    Only a fraction of my fellow females in this game that I have met have I found worth talking to. It's sad, but most of them are just way too girly and flirty and giggle way too much, not taking anything seriously - and guys switch off their brains around them. That annoys me. All of it. Most of them also don't seem to have a mind for certain game mechanisms. I guess they're just too superficially interested in encounter mechanisms for my taste.

    Also... some guilds just aren't a place where you want to be as a female. Some groups of guys just are a bit weird... or they feel like they should show some good manners when a female is around... and they think they can't be themselves anymore in TS or that they no longer can talk about certain topics when female ears are in the channel.

    There are many reasons why a guild may not like to raid with a female. We need to respect that. Let's not be mad about them. It's probably not a place where we'd want to be anyway.

  3. #403
    they cause drama, even if unintentionally they will almost always cause some form of drama unless it's a group of friends

  4. #404
    Field Marshal Wookiee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    83
    They do, don't be a tard and make a judgement on all just because of one.

  5. #405
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,499
    Uhh what?

    We have a female mage in our core whom is quite possibly one of the best mages i've played with in my entirety of more than 7 years playing the game.

    I do know for a fact that some hcore guilds (not ours) do turn down female raiders because they can create 'drama' (in reality, it's the guild making the drama, not her).

    This next point could be pretty shitty to read, but I want to make it clear that I have no problems with female raiders, as I've said above, our mage is awesome.

    Could also be the fact they could get pregnant and have to leave for an (extended) period of time. This is the same as in the real world. Men are always prefered in jobs because females always run the risk of getting pregnant and having to take maternity leave.

    Our mage is already a mother and is due to deliver her second child sometime November. We have no problems with that, it's not hard to find a sub, and when she's back again we will welcome her back with open arms.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-08-16 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  6. #406
    Well I can understand it even taking only the metric shit ton of juicy drama stories I know of into consideration .

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    3. The flirt - Finds a dude that is either to lonely or to stupid to realize what she is doing and takes advantage. These bitches bleed people, guilds, and communities dry. Usually can NEVER carry her weight but will receive more then most. Everything again is a MAJOR offense but instead of a fight on your hands it is sobbing and crying.
    So true lol

  8. #408
    Depends on a guild. I knew (and was) in a guild that had a couple of very 'hot' female raiders (who were actually quite good). And they played on the hormones of the rest of the guild (in their early 20s) to get the most competition/performance.

    In a less organized group, or with female raiders not willing to turn their manipulations to the benefit of the guild it can be a disaster.

    In a more aged/mature guild where the male population is not always thinking about copulation I see no problem with having some girls tag along.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.

  9. #409
    I love how they require you to not be immature, then ban females. I'd call that the definition of immaturity to not be able to handle dealing with those of the opposite sex.

  10. #410
    i was in a now top 10 US guild and ill tell you the reasons why we shyed away we do recruit but only in exceptional cases cause the last one before I joined started dating another raider they broke up and like 4 people ended up leaving the guild cause of her. Then the one we had when i was there was a drunk hore on vent untill she texted someone nudes to a member and we leaked them to the whole guild to get her to leave.... and since I left they had 2 more females One was good and is still there raiding today. and the other is another attention hore who I believe also tried dating a member. so idk alot of female raiders are attention hores but ive met some who are really good but when your trying to push progression any distraction just sets you back.
    Mohots---Main
    Molife ---Alt
    Monopaly---Alt/old Main

  11. #411
    Over the past 5 years I've raided with and gotten to know around 20 females for an extensive period (3+ months). Out of all of them only 5 were actually amazing players and I had the utmost respect for. Then there were probably another 5 that weren't the most amazing players but were dedicated, reliable and cool to play with. The rest were fucking terrible and were purely there because they were somebodies girlfriend. They would whine, complain about loot, rage for no reason, whisper behind peoples backs and incite drama. They had no idea how to play the game and were carried to heroic clears then bitch that they wanted the mount cause it looked nice. The latter is what leaves an extremely bad memory of female players in other gamers minds.

    I would never discriminate and ban female members from a guild in the same way i'd never ban someone for what race they were or sexual preference. Just don't bother with guilds that have ignorant policies.
    Last edited by PowerGamez; 2012-08-16 at 12:28 AM.

  12. #412
    Field Marshal Bigmits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Suffolk,England
    Posts
    96
    Coming from my personal experiences with females in my guild is that the do tend to cause some form of drama be it other females in the guild or just the males being males lol. Also I've come across a couple of females that manipulate the male players into getting what they want be it loot, raid spots or even getting gold from other members. One female was even manipulating the other members with sexually oriented pictures/videos of her self for their gold, passing on loot in raids etc. BUT that has been my personal experience with females but I've seen female gamers be just as good if not better than male players.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdracklryeg View Post
    Wait... There are black people in China? You learn something new everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Kids are the worst STD you can catch.

  13. #413
    Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    I love how they require you to not be immature, then ban females. I'd call that the definition of immaturity to not be able to handle dealing with those of the opposite sex.
    "Maturity" is a term misunderstood by many. In many cases guilds call themselves "mature" if they tend to talk about sexual/silly matters often. That's... adolescent. Not mature.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.

  14. #414
    Stood in the Fire Shpetznaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    Sorry, I am not trying to start a 'shitstorm' as you put it. I am just looking for an answer. And it hasn't been 'just' that guild that has said it. I have found probably 10 or so saying the exact same thing over the last 2 weeks. I am genuinely interested in the 'why'?
    Care to back that up with some sources?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

  15. #415
    Fuck knows. Maybe because guys are idiots and don't know how to deal with a female voice over vent or are just tools playing a little bit too much Oo
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

    Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

  16. #416
    Ribbon Guru Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,551
    There are a few 25-man guilds that do this, but they're the exception, not the majority. It's stupid and discrimination, but they still have the right to do it within the rules of the game.

    IIRC, the best guilds in the world like Method, Blood Legion, and others have female players.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  17. #417
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....



    Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

    Thanks!
    You said you stumbled upon "a lot" of hardcore guilds that don't recruit females, yet you only listed one guild. List a whole bunch more hardcore guilds that say they don't recruit females. I'm curious. I think you're exaggerating big time.

  18. #418
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    i was in a now top 10 US guild and ill tell you the reasons why we shyed away we do recruit but only in exceptional cases cause the last one before I joined started dating another raider they broke up and like 4 people ended up leaving the guild cause of her. Then the one we had when i was there was a drunk hore on vent untill she texted someone nudes to a member and we leaked them to the whole guild to get her to leave.... and since I left they had 2 more females One was good and is still there raiding today. and the other is another attention hore who I believe also tried dating a member. so idk alot of female raiders are attention hores but ive met some who are really good but when your trying to push progression any distraction just sets you back.
    I've seen dudes tear up guilds before too, your point? If they want to ban "drama" then boot all the people involved in it, not preemptively ban females. I've had more amped up guys causing problems trying to show off their epeen, but as annoying as those guys are, usually you can still play with them.

    The real problem people that I've booted people from guilds for, or left guilds because of, has been people that can't handle failure without resorting to name calling, abusive yelling, or just being cry babies. People that don't want to be apart of a solution shouldnt be in those guilds. I've often found females very eager to figure out solutions and work together when the chips are down.

  19. #419
    Females I encountered in my raids/guilds all had some tendency to force everyone into their own pace. Be it progression, breaks, raidpool organisation and most annoying of all ACHIEVEMENTS. Seriously... What all of them had in common was to ask all the time for doing stupid achievements everywhere and with their "that's what the game is supposed to be and totally normal"-tone. When nobody wants to to something they went out of their ways to get the people active and so on...
    That's my experience and well I have to say I'm around on one "smaller" server since many years so it might be some kind of internal "evolution". Skill is different from person to person though - can't see any difference to males.

  20. #420
    Legendary! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    6,040
    Hardcore guilds with mature guys are perfectly fine with recruiting girls/women. Immature, adolescent boys will no doubt react strongly to a female because they're simply at the age where they're starting to notice that the opposite sex can be fun. If I was a man and I had a raiding roster, then I'd rather kick players like that than exclude potentially great raiders because of their gender.


    I shudder when I see some of the sexist, childish comments made in this thread by guys. They seem to think that women are of a different species or something, claiming we like drama, cause drama or try to take advantage because of our sex as if this was a trademark for all women. Pathetic, really.

    Does this mean that no male gamers cause drama, or are bad players? Going by ratio I'd say there's more of them than female gamers fitting these labels.

    Oh, and regarding the guild at hand...I wouldn't join it for one single boss encounter even if they paid me 500k gold, since I can't imagine them being nice people to raid with when they sport that kind of attitude, so if they want to turn female players down just because of their sex, it's their problem. They belong to the gender that can call a woman a whore, and then still do anything to sleep with her. How's that for intellectual?
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2012-08-16 at 12:50 AM.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •