Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
37
45
... LastLast
  1. #681
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Girls are generally not good at video games, thats how it has always been and will continue to be forever, their genetic potential makes them unable to perform reactive tasks and they fail to relize that having 170 pets collected does not make them good for raiding.
    It's harsh, I know but the truth always is. It's been like this in various things for thousands of years, stay in your roles or cause imbalance.
    As for raiding, look at Nihilum etc they were always against having girls and they where dominating the raiding scene, then things switched up and they got some girls, just like that they lost the top possition.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 06:39 AM ----------



    Don't expect anything as long as you're not pregnant. I don't want to raid and hang out with woman, I want to talk about how "overweight (to keep it sivil for the forums) a girl was, or how bad/good she was in bed, and we like being sexist, can you as a woman handle listening or reading that constantly? I doubt it, hence why I only want to chat with girls I hit on in pubs.
    In my last guild we had 2 girls and both where whining because of all the nasty stuff we said, they did know about it because we put it up in the requirements for applying thread, they was explained to and they agree'd to it, so once the whine started they were out.
    I would prefer raiding with normal people before rednecks any day.

  2. #682
    most of the applicants we get these days left their guild for these reasons:

    1. Sick of favoritism in their old guild.
    2. Wanted to be competitive.
    3. Love the game but can't commit 5-6 nights a week.
    4. Wanted to be part of a unit who gets content done efficiently before the shits nerfed to hell.

  3. #683
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratanna View Post
    3 days a week, 4 hrs a night. Put in 110% effort in those times. Drama free, competitive, with ZERO favoritism.
    And aparantly inability to do basic maths. (sry, pet peeve of mine)

    But as for recruitment, its the first time I've ever seen a no-female rule (quite the contrary!), but hey, its your guild do what you want. If people dont like it they dont have to apply.
    Last edited by tlacoatl; 2012-08-18 at 04:51 PM.

  4. #684
    Our guild will say no to someone under 17 way before we say no to a female. And as far as I know Blood legion, paragon, vodka, method, and most other top guilds have females on their roster as well, so I'm not really sure where you're getting this information from.

  5. #685
    I'll tell you one thing.In most hc guilds i've been there were females.
    And in my current guild which was 8/8 hc right after the 5% nerf the GM is a woman and we do have about 7 raiding females.
    Everything goes more than fine and we do have a lot of fun in VT and guild/raid chat without any problems.
    Maybe there are females that causes troubles in some guilds but there is also males that causes trouble also.
    Its all about maturity on both sides.

  6. #686
    Epic! Junblat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Warlockville, Lebanon
    Posts
    1,514
    few guilds doesn't equal all guilds.

  7. #687
    A lot of top end guilds recruit females. A lot.

    However, to those who have a no-female policy it is usually in place because the officers realize the sex of the majority cannot usually handle the interactions of the sex of the minority. Also, relationships form which have a tendency to end which can be pretty detrimental. There are serious, non-idiotic reasons to have a male only or female only guild. If you have an issue with that, it can't be helped. People have the right to do as they please: are the girl scouts ridiculed for not allowing boys to join?

    If you're a girl looking for a top end raiding guild the only thing that's going to get you denied is your performance independent of your sex. Everything on a "we will not accept you if" list is inconsequential if you can raid when they need you and do your job very, very well.
    Last edited by Pariah; 2012-08-18 at 05:08 PM.

    Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xchi, Brewmaster Monk
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & Monk Tank PoV

  8. #688
    The Patient Mokenuf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina.
    Posts
    207
    My first guild master, the one who taught me how to raid was a female !

    Thank You Corith from Blacklisted - Kirin'Tor (US) !
    Last edited by Mokenuf; 2012-08-18 at 05:10 PM.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Uhla | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù |
    HFC 6/13h

  9. #689
    The Patient natureca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    255
    The main reason would be the level of maturity of the guild your talking about, if its just a bunch of immature nerds then that's probably why they limit there recruiting base. They could have also had some bad luck with prior girls they recruited and just want to not repeat the past.
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M


  10. #690
    they are crippling themselfs if they just cut off the chicks, some are amazing players...

  11. #691
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariah View Post
    A lot of top end guilds recruit females. A lot.

    However, to those who have a no-female policy it is usually in place because the officers realize the sex of the majority cannot usually handle the interactions of the sex of the minority. Also, relationships form which have a tendency to end which can be pretty detrimental. There are serious, non-idiotic reasons to have a male only or female only guild. If you have an issue with that, it can't be helped. People have the right to do as they please: are the girl scouts ridiculed for not allowing boys to join?

    If you're a girl looking for a top end raiding guild the only thing that's going to get you denied is your performance independent of your sex. Everything on a "we will not accept you if" list is inconsequential if you can raid when they need you and do your job very, very well.
    true, but they also have people more than likely without jobs/wives able to recruit at any moments notice. most top guilds have unemployed gamers. not to mention an influx of apps.

  12. #692
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mal'Ganis (US)
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratanna View Post
    Interesting amount of publicity this is getting.

    Hi, I am the GM of the guild Nebula and yes this is our rule.
    And just to clarify some of the posts I was browsing:

    - All of are members are former graduates or are former military.
    - Our youngest member is 24 yrs old
    - Most of us are Engaged or already married
    - We all have careers

    We are not a hardcore guild. We are hardcore-casual. That means we put in 3 raid nights a week consisting of 4 hrs of extremely efficient time put in. We pride ourselves in a no favortism policy. Our guild has been established for 3 years and many of our members were former hardcore players in guilds like Impervious, Duality, DV etc.

    Many of you are right that there are good female raiders out there and that they are the minority. That is pretty much the consensus of the thread. I've been raid leading, managing, and playing the game since vanilla to understand the pros and cons of female wow gamers.

    I too have a career, and a life so I'm not willing to devote the majority of my time recruiting. I recruit for stability, efficiency and environment. It is no mystery that the best GMs are the ones that are able to devote all their time into the management/recruiting aspect of this game. I do not have this luxury. If I was able to spend that much time on it, then it is possible that Nebula could be open to female recruiting.

    Our environment is extremely efficient. No bull shit chatter, no talking about what happened on the previous dexter/breaking bad). We're here to kill bosses and progress. We all have the same mindset going into progression raids.

    The arguments of i know lots of 8/8HM females. Lets be real, when we killed shit it was pre nerf and 5% nerf. 30% nerf recruits are not the ones we're looking for. 8/8HM doesnt hold any real merit in my books anymore.

    TLDR Version: There are such a few minority of females that would fit in our guild's environment, that I'm not willing to take the risk of drama. Its a simple pros vs cons. Not a blatant statement of ALL females are bad/drama queens. That would be a ludicrous statement.

    I've been playing with female gamers for 5 years in wow. It wasn't until this past expac that we instituted this no female rule. And that was just to save time on the management end.

    Our environment is competitive, militaristic, with NO favoritism. Ask any of my members, and that is what they will tell you. I DO NOT PLAY favorites. It has been in history where many females expected special treatment. I found myself having to spend more time other than raiding/strategizing getting so I could get females to mesh with our environment. That is time I simply do not have for anymore.
    Good female raiders are as much of a minority as good male raiders. Our raid has 5 females, all of which are solid, dependable, drama-free and able individuals. We've been farming 8/8 HM since 10% on a 10 hour raid week as a 25man guild. They require no "extra maintenance" or "strategy" as you claim.

    If you've had bad experiences with female raiders, then it's probably because you did a poor job recruiting. Or maybe it's just your style of raiding. Being in a military-style guild doesn't exactly mesh well with most girls so your argument doesn't really defend the point people are trying to make in this topic. That being said, this is probably one of more sexist topics I've ever read.. and I pity most of you who think that females only bring a headache. Any *actually good* raiding guild would never discriminate.

    Also, good job sneaking in that guild advertisement.

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    Good female raiders are as much of a minority as good male raiders. Our raid has 5 females, all of which are solid, dependable, drama-free and able individuals. We've been farming 8/8 HM since 10% on a 10 hour raid week as a 25man guild. They require no "extra maintenance" or "strategy" as you claim.

    If you've had bad experiences with female raiders, then it's probably because you did a poor job recruiting. Or maybe it's just your style of raiding. Being in a military-style guild doesn't exactly mesh well with most girls so your argument doesn't really defend the point people are trying to make in this topic. That being said, this is probably one of more sexist topics I've ever read.. and I pity most of you who think that females only bring a headache. Any *actually good* raiding guild would never discriminate.

    Also, good job sneaking in that guild advertisement.
    Exhibit A. Classic White knighting

  14. #694
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Yes we have. And you still haven't provided a justification as to why you would make things more unfair for absolutely no reason or gain. It's completely irrational. I'm happy to wait.
    Why do you hate men so much? I don't know who it was who broke your heart so long ago but you have to understand that channeling all your hurt into hatred of the whole male gender is not the way to move forward. I hope you'll eventually move past this and that you'll manage to open your heart and learn to love again.

  15. #695
    Women cause drama, end of discussion.

  16. #696
    If I remember correctly, Ensidia used to have a no female restriction as did VANQUISH and a few other top 20 world guilds (During TBC and Wrath). I don't know if they have them anymore, but some top 20 guilds did have that requirement during TBC and Wrath.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

  17. #697
    Listen, this simple thread about an unorthodox recruiting standard exploded into 35 pages of chauvinism, white knighting, and female empowerment. That is why we believe women are an unnecessary trouble in guilds.

  18. #698
    Girls are doomed to suck.

    Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-08-18 at 07:45 PM.

  19. #699
    Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    Good female raiders are as much of a minority as good male raiders. Our raid has 5 females, all of which are solid, dependable, drama-free and able individuals. We've been farming 8/8 HM since 10% on a 10 hour raid week as a 25man guild. They require no "extra maintenance" or "strategy" as you claim.

    If you've had bad experiences with female raiders, then it's probably because you did a poor job recruiting. Or maybe it's just your style of raiding. Being in a military-style guild doesn't exactly mesh well with most girls so your argument doesn't really defend the point people are trying to make in this topic. That being said, this is probably one of more sexist topics I've ever read.. and I pity most of you who think that females only bring a headache. Any *actually good* raiding guild would never discriminate.

    Also, good job sneaking in that guild advertisement.
    So you admit that his "military-style" isn't a place for most girls...

    Then you get at him, for not allowing girls to raid in his guild?

    Okay buddy

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 01:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratanna View Post
    Exhibit A. Classic White knighting
    I have to say this is correct. This is also what I was saying earlier. Even if the woman doesn't cause drama herself, a man will be there to cause drama on her behalf. If you just remove the women from the equation, you remove that as well
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

  20. #700
    you find one guild out of a potential fucking thousand and complain they don't accept chicks.
    move on
    you clearly wouldn't fit in. if ratanna wants to run a military style no bullshit guild then so be it. most chicks in this game like collecting mounts and pets and doing fun family friend type crap and seems like he's just enforcing a rule so you don't waste your time and they don't waste theirs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •