Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinzil View Post
    You know, 90% of female players in wow are just horrible raiders...There's your answer.

Please keep it clean and avoid generalizing genders

Hey now, dont intrude on someone's post because you disagree. Most women "are" pretty crappy raiders, and on MG most are raging ERPers.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    /facepalm

The people you're talking about are real people, just because you're interacting with them online doesn't make them less real. The ideas and sterotypes and negativity are also coming from real people, and they don't just forget about it when they turn the game off, it's part of their belief system about the world. It absolutely impacts on things outside of wow.
    Yeah but that's not my problem. When I'm raiding, I don't care about IRL politics, I care about winning
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some excellent female raiders (and they were all healers now that I think about it rofl) in top US 5 guilds.

Unfortunately the vast majority of girls in wow are horrifically bad in my experience. Still screening them out completely is a stupid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    I don't get it.

With a demographic of 24yo+ people with careers and stable relationships, you should already be immune to female drama - it takes two sides to make it.

I know how much work it is to run a guild, so I would understand your reasoning if your membership included 18yo social awkward nerds.
    There's plenty of people "24+", with a career and stable relationship, who are also socially awkward, and/or don't get enough female attention, which can cause problems when there's an attention seeking woman trying to raid
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Yeah but that's not my problem. When I'm raiding, I don't care about IRL politics, I care about winning
    Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean it isn't real or happening.

I didn't say it wasn't real (or that I didn't care about it...), I said that it's not relevant to this thread

If you want to argue about IRL sexism, you would probably be better off making a thread about it in the off-topic forum

10+ Year Old Account
    Then if a bitch starts causing problems she gets a warning and then booted the exact same as if it was anyone else.

If the gm was white knighting her or something well I wouldn't be in a guild that bad in the first place.

This thread is about hardcore guilds specificly and in hardcore guilds the gm actually gives a shit about whats going on and what negatively affects the purpose of the guild (killing bosses) and will deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    women are scientifically better at multitasking.
    No, that's an urban myth and has been proven wrong.
    http://www.tinbergen.nl/discussionpapers/11044.pdf

…our results do not support the stereotype that women are better at multitasking. Women suffer as much as men when forced to multitask and are actually less inclined to multitask when being free to choose.

Humans in general are bad at multitasking. All they do is switch between tasks very fast. Real multitasking is nearly impossible for humans.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2012-08-19 at 11:36 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that involves them talking to a girl..

Everyone would stop talking in vent after hearing your voice and that isn't good for raiding since well.. you need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I didn't say it wasn't real (or that I didn't care about it...), I said that it's not relevant to this thread

If you want to argue about IRL sexism, you would probably be better off making a thread about it in the off-topic forum
    But it is relevant to this thread. A large number of the responses here are coloured by sexism and some pretty extreme misogyny in many cases. Hence relevant. You don't have to like it or have an insterest, but that doesn't mean it isn't a factor in shaping the attitudes to women that are far more responsible for the 'problems' caused by women in wow than the actual women are. You literally can't answer the question correctly without mentioning it.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-08-19 at 11:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Some of the best raiders I've ever raided with have been female...
    Some of the worst raiders I've ever raided with have been female...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a disgrace if a guild has that has a requirement. The gamer should be recruited based on skills not gender.

perfect example why girls are most likely to cause drama:

I was 5min ago on my low lvl shaman(83), then i joined lfd and called insta, i entered in a group from the same guild with 2 hunters, 1 warrior and 1 dk tank.

first pull, all the mobs turned to me and we wiped, i got into rage cuz the "tank" died with 3 hits, so i said: "you get hit like a girl".. we ran back, 1 hunter waited for rez, i reszed him...

second pull the tank died again, and i was like "dafuq" then i realized he was on unholy presence the whole time (they had already downed 2 bosses when i joined)
    i got into rage again, then the warrior said to me: "why are you so mad at the tank when you are bad..."
    and then the hunter said: "he is mad cause he can't heal stacy, shamans suck" (guess is the tank name, a girl)
    then i said she was on unholy presence, and they said it was my fault and she is starting in the game now, i should have warned her...

do you know what was this? if the tank was a guy their friends would said he was bad and make him into blood presence, just cause she was a girl they didn't said anything, and blamed me because SHE was wrong..

girls always cause drama, directly or indirectly, you can easily say to a dude "fuck off", in their face on vent, but most guys don't have the balls to do the same if the player is a girl (not my case)

although in my guild we have 1 female who do her job pretty well, our best healer is a female (but she is like 36++ years old) but then again she is an exception, all the other females i met in the game, caused some type of drama, or was the main cause of male drama (defending her)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    That's a disgrace if a guild has that has a requirement. The gamer should be recruited based on skills not gender.
    I concur.

The only "real" (yet to me not valid) reason could be that they fear that the women get prioritised because... well, they're girls. Some raid leaders do that, or some member who got benched could say "she only got the spot before me because she's a girl", true or not, that could lead to irritation in a guild.
    Maybe they had bad experiences with that.

But I say, it's pretty low to reject someone for being female alone. If someone, m or f, doesn't fit into your group, don't accept them, period.
    B

Mature/Socially Adjusted Males interacting with Mature/Socially Adjust Females = No Problems

Immature/Socially unadjusted Males/Females interacting with anyone = Problems

Guess which there is more of in WoW? It isn't that females cause drama necessarily, it is that immature/socially unadjusted males/females don't know how to handle situations appropriately, which leads to drama. You can have a guild that is 100% male explode in drama, keeping the women out is only going to delay the inevitable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    If someone, m or f, doesn't fit into your group, don't accept them, period.
    B
    That's exactly what this guild is doing, so I guess now we're all happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because for the most part, females playing an MMO are attention whores who will drag your guild down and expect preferential treatment based on their chest and other miscellaneous lady parts.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharradan View Post
    perfect example why girls are most likely to cause drama:

first pull, all the mobs turned to me and we wiped, i got into rage cuz the "tank" died with 3 hits, so i said: "you get hit like a girl".. we ran back, 1 hunter waited for rez, i reszed him...

second pull the tank died again, and i was like "dafuq" then i realized he was on unholy presence the whole time (they had already downed 2 bosses when i joined)
    i got into rage again, then the warrior said to me: "why are you so mad at the tank when you are bad..."
    and then the hunter said: "he is mad cause he can't heal stacy, shamans suck" (guess is the tank name, a girl)
    then i said she was on unholy presence, and they said it was my fault and she is starting in the game now, i should have warned her...

do you know what was this? if the tank was a guy their friends would said he was bad and make him into blood presence, just cause she was a girl they didn't said anything, and blamed me because SHE was wrong..

girls always cause drama, directly or indirectly, you can easily say to a dude "fuck off", in their face on vent, but most guys don't have the balls to do the same if the player is a girl (not my case)

although in my guild we have 1 female who do her job pretty well, our best healer is a female (but she is like 36++ years old) but then again she is an exception, all the other females i met in the game, caused some type of drama, or was the main cause of male drama (defending her)
    Well obviously one annecdote provides justification for your insane generalisations, good job.

And also, isn't the whole point of your story that the male friend defended the girl? Isn't it the case that the male friend was in fact the one causing the 'drama' then?

Bad players come in both genders, and it's ridiculous to say that guys don't defend their bad male guildies. There's literally thousands of stories if you search of people trolling the pugs on behalf of their guildies. It happens all the time. It's not because they're female, it's your own sexism that's leading you to make that assumption. I've died as a tank because I didn't get heals for over a minute and the healers guildmates screamed and raged at me for being a baddie and it being my fault etc etc, it happens, it is sadly normal, you aren't a speacial snowflake being persecuted.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-08-19 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    I've died as a tank because I didn't get heals for over a minute.
    See, doesn't this tell you anything about how suited women are for the role of tank? It should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    We're 8/8HC and my GM/RL is a female.
    They only tend to get annoying when in a relationship with another raider/officer, speaking from experience. Not always the case though.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.