Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ...
30
38
39
40
41
42
... LastLast
  1. #781
    Dreadlord Oogzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Females cause drama.

    You can get into specifics about point of view, opinion and self-presentation, but there's no need. They cause drama.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-19 at 06:25 AM ----------

    That's not to say that Males don't cause drama as well...but just like anything that is male dominated, interjecting the opposite gender is just asking for dramatic incite.
    This states it perfectly. A good example of tossing a female into a male dominated area would be working at Gamestop. Gamestop is mostly guys that work there, or was about 5 years ago when I worked there. For example, there wasn't a single girl that was employed there for a while, but as soon as one was put (transferred by the DM) into the store... Oh man, there were some issues. Random issues that didn't exist until the girl was thrown into the mix. It wasn't necessarily her fault, though I'm sure a couple were, it was mainly that she was in a very male dominated place.

    It's also similar to working at Starbucks. Most Starbucks coffee shops are filled with female workers. It probably has to do with the fact that you need to be fairly good at multitasking at Starbucks and women are scientifically better at multitasking. Then I got a job at Starbucks and oh man, it was awkward randomly for seemingly no reason and holy hell do those women attempt to harass you, especially since you're very outnumbered. I'm usually the only guy working, and then there's the fact that most guys I've work with at Starbucks are either gay or married, where I am neither. I've never had a job where so many of the men are homosexual, ever. When you're a straight, unmarried male in a predominantly female workplace, the same thing happens.

    These tables bar our way.. ┬──┬ ┬──┬

    But the will of a templar is stronger! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

  2. #782
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post


    Actually it is more. In indulging in the whole victim blaming thing they're feeding the seriously fucked up expectations men have about women that you can see throughout this thread. I have no problem with efficient recruiting, I have no problem with them deciding who is in their guild or not, I have huge problems with them not being honest abut the reasons they're doing it and instead trying to blame other people for their own behaviour and choices. And I have every right to do that, because it's reinforcing all of the negtive sterotypes you see here wherein women literally can't win because they're all clearly either bitches or whores and to blame for every dumbass immature males problems. And even though you don't realise it, that hurts everyone.
    This isn't a judgement on all women, though. Just women in WoW
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

  3. #783
    I've never met this "super flirty teehee I'm a girl give me loot" which everyone seems to be talking about. In my experience, drama is caused by guys and drama is caused by women and the only thing that you can do to make sure no drama ever happens is to to make sure your guild is entirely populated with robots. In my guild, there have been three occasions where someone caused enough drama to be asked to leave (they were all smart enough to do this before they got gkicked), and two of them were guys.

    As a side note, this isn't an animal planet documentary. "Females" just makes you sound creepy.

  4. #784
    The Patient alexday14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    268
    They're so hardcore, they don't want to take the woman's menstrual cycle into account. That, or it's a massive gayfest with a 'no girls allowed' sign posted to the front door.


    High Overlord Saurfang: "I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes..."
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Lol wanna bet"

  5. #785
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    Do not bother applying if you are any of the following:
    7. Looking to raid more than 12 hrs a week
    11. not 1/8 DS HM Minimum
    I'd hardly call that a HC raiding guild.
    Last edited by elapadrinar; 2012-08-19 at 11:08 AM.

  6. #786
    Mechagnome Artravus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Jesse Cox's YouTube Channel
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonfiend76 View Post
    only if lacking in maturity. my gm/raid lead is a lesbian, and another of our females is bisexual, and both get along great with us 'breeders'. one thing i love about my guild is no one takes themselves too seriously, we love to joke around, often cracking dirty jokes and innuendo/puns, but when it is time to down a boss, we get shit done.
    By bisexual raid group.. I meant a raid group composed of both males and females... Maybe I should have said multisexual. Not sure where you got the idea that I meant anything other than multisexual though.
    When she was just a girl, she expected the world, but it flew away from her reach so she ran away in her sleep and dreamed of para-para-paradise, para-para-paradise, para-para-paradise every time she closed her eyes..

  7. #787
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,725
    http://nebula.enjin.com/

    Is the guild.

    USA 76th, what a fucking joke if they consider themselves hardcore.

    Now what I even look at that guild I was in aptitude, the same server but infinitely better and we would always laugh at those idiots when we killed sinestra before they were even done V/T
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-08-19 at 11:13 AM.

  8. #788
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    This isn't a judgement on all women, though. Just women in WoW
    Because ingrained negative sterotypes about women aren't being carried over into other parts of society by the people who hold them? There is no sexism in the world outside of wow? Get real.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-08-19 at 11:11 AM.

  9. #789
    Dreadlord Oogzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Because once you're dating someone they own you and you're not allowed to have a conversation without their approval ever again? Would you think it's acceptable if a girl took that line with you? Why is it her fault that her partner took that line with her? Sounds like *his* jealousy and possessiveness was the problem tbh.
    Personally, I couldn't care. There's obvious lines that you usually don't cross, such as sending someone pictures of yourself. Or being too personal with the other people(s). I don't know why you quoted me as though I was the awful person here. I only stated as to some of the reasons of the problem. Usually the talking to others isn't really the talking issue, it's the 'getting too personal with others' issue that can and, for whatever reason as far as I've seen myself, does follow. For example, one guild I was in one of the officer's girlfriends/wife/whatever was in the guild as well, started flirting excessively with others then followed up by sending lewd pictures of herself to other guild members which were then posted to the guild website. You can imagine what happened next. This same issue happened in another guild as well, but it was only a raider and not an officer's girlfriend instead. You stick around a game for 7 years and raid hardcore for the majority of it, you see some odd, random crap.

    As a side note to this type of issue as well, you probably know and understand that most of the "Western World" is a monogamous dominated culture, so yes they do become possessive because that's how they're bred and raised to be.

    These tables bar our way.. ┬──┬ ┬──┬

    But the will of a templar is stronger! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

  10. #790
    I don't think it has anything to do with how well they are doing in dungeon/raids etc etc.. it is more about simply being different. We all know that girls and men aren't always on the same page, our thinking is a bit different, so it is probably just the GM wanting to have all boys... has nothing to do with females in general. I mean.. imagine only guys in a room playing games... now imagine only girls in the room playing games... now imagine both in the room.. playing games. It is as simple as that, they don't want to add extra tentions/drama etc that could "potentionally" happen.
    About the.. guys vs girls in a room thing. Imagine if there are all guys, they probably feel comfortable burping, farting, talking shish, talking even about girls(right?), talking smack even about girls, just being boys amongst boys, and if a girl comes into that equastion, then all that changes, they simply don't want that to happen.
    Greg “Ghostcrawler” Street is the lead systems designer of World of Warcraft. He wipes to the elevator boss.

  11. #791
    Dreadlord Oogzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Because ingrained negative sterotypes about women aren't being carried over into other parts of society by the people who hold them? There is no sexism in the world outside of wow? Get real.
    Sexism and racism exist everywhere, no matter how hard you fight it. Everyone's a little bit racist (and sexist), it's just to the extent per person that is the difference.

    These tables bar our way.. ┬──┬ ┬──┬

    But the will of a templar is stronger! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

  12. #792
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Because ingrained negative sterotypes about women aren't being carried over into other parts of society by the people who hold them? There is no sexism in the world outside of wow? Get real.
    Lol, this thread is about a guild's excluding women, not real world sexism
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

  13. #793
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    You know what's ironic?

    I've been in a few guilds now, and I was kicked from 2 from the very same reason: Getting into a simple argument with a ranked female who only got rank because they were being overly flirty to all of the guys. My side of the arguments were mature, legit concerns. Both times were from me merely pointing out performance issues, why we were being held back, ways to improve, etc. I want to raid. I want to progress. God forbid that I look for a solution so that we can move forward. The female officers were too carebear about criticism and replied with "CAN'T WE JUST GET ALONG???" Dear, it's not about getting along. I don't hate anyone in the raid group. It's about progressing. The funny thing is, after I was kicked, one of the guys THAT I CRITICIZED and was "mean to" who was horrible in raids stood up for me and got kicked for "associating with that bitch". We're good friends now, and he's completed 8/8H on his main. Yeah, man, I was totally wrong for criticizing him and pointing him in the right direction!

    So yeah. I can see why guilds want to shut out girls completely. I wouldn't mind joining one of those guilds, actually, because I have had an overall horrible experience with females in WoW. However, I have this little problem of mine...

    I'm female.

    FML
    Well, there's a difference between pursuing your own goals and seeing to it that your goals and the guild's goals coincide. I am not saying that you are wrong, or that you are typical girl drama-inducing material, because that is a can of worms that I do not want to even open. I can see where you are coming from, but can you see where your guild(s) is/are coming from?

    If I called all of the raiders in our roster bad because they weren't as good as I wanted them to be, it would be a very tense and uncomfortable environment. I would spend most of my time finding replacements for them, because unfortunately, if your experience may permit, you might just realize telling people that they're dumber than a box of rocks doesn't actually make them any smarter.

    The guild I run with is very laid back. High performance is not mandatory, all they really ask is that you perform decently (like 30k+) and show up for raid nights with consistent attendance. Can't say I've ever seen a dramatic event in the year that I have been with them, besides our Druid wanting to burst into tears over people being retarded with dispels on Zon'ozz, not that I don't sympathize with him and many others who were expressing the same discontent, but in a more subtle and controlled manner.

    I have often felt like taking control of recruitment and making a more serious raid, but I can tell how uncomfortable other players of the raid would feel in that environment.

    My bro raids with a Legendary Mage with 15k nerd points, cleared all heroic content this expansion, does 30k DPS. The guys DPS is bad as fuck, he is in full best in slot, drives me nuts. But he listens, at least knows how to not die in a retarded way and doesn't start shit. The only time he's ever been hit by Shockwave because he knew he couldn't get out of it, the guy blocked.

    The guy shows up and listens, and that's really all most guilds want. I mean, sounds like he's about to get replaced, but look at how far he got, just by being a silent ginger bastard with impeccable attendance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    http://nebula.enjin.com/

    Is the guild.

    USA 76th, what a fucking joke if they consider themselves hardcore.

    Now what I even look at that guild I was in aptitude, the same server but infinitely better and we would always laugh at those idiots when we killed sinestra before they were even done V/T
    A lot of bad guilds look good right now, because Dragon Soul was so bad.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2012-08-19 at 11:16 AM.
    Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real. Sun coming up, 5 a.m., I wonder if they got cabs still?
    Thinking 'bout the girl in all leopard who was rubbing the wood like Kiki Shepherd
    Two tattoos: one read "No Apologies". The other said "Love is Cursed by Monogamy"

  14. #794
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratanna View Post
    - All of are members are former graduates or are former military.
    - Our youngest member is 24 yrs old
    - Most of us are Engaged or already married
    - We all have careers
    I don't get it.

    With a demographic of 24yo+ people with careers and stable relationships, you should already be immune to female drama - it takes two sides to make it.

    I know how much work it is to run a guild, so I would understand your reasoning if your membership included 18yo social awkward nerds.

  15. #795
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,725
    A lot of bad guilds look good right now, because Dragon Soul was so bad.
    It makes me sad thats the definition of hardcore has dropped so much. That US 76th people are calling themselves hardcore.

  16. #796
    i play in a top 100 us guild and there are 3 women in our core roster who all play extremely well. there is nothing wrong with women raiders and people who think such things should get a reality check.

  17. #797
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    Lol, this thread is about a guild's excluding women, not real world sexism
    /facepalm

    The people you're talking about are real people, just because you're interacting with them online doesn't make them less real. The ideas and sterotypes and negativity are also coming from real people, and they don't just forget about it when they turn the game off, it's part of their belief system about the world. It absolutely impacts on things outside of wow.

  18. #798
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinzil View Post
    You know, 90% of female players in wow are just horrible raiders...There's your answer.

    Please keep it clean and avoid generalizing genders

    Hey now, dont intrude on someone's post because you disagree. Most women "are" pretty crappy raiders, and on MG most are raging ERPers.

  19. #799
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    /facepalm

    The people you're talking about are real people, just because you're interacting with them online doesn't make them less real. The ideas and sterotypes and negativity are also coming from real people, and they don't just forget about it when they turn the game off, it's part of their belief system about the world. It absolutely impacts on things outside of wow.
    Yeah but that's not my problem. When I'm raiding, I don't care about IRL politics, I care about winning
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

  20. #800
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,725
    I've seen some excellent female raiders (and they were all healers now that I think about it rofl) in top US 5 guilds.

    Unfortunately the vast majority of girls in wow are horrifically bad in my experience. Still screening them out completely is a stupid idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •