Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're begging the question.

Just because you found one or two guilds that don't want females doesn't mean that this is the standard. I don't see any reason to believe it is.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    First started raiding with female players in ICC, and they were some of the best healers I've ever healed with.

I would kill to have them back on my healing team for cata/mop

IMO if just having a girl in a guild causes drama with some guys, then it's those guys that should have been barred from recruitment.

I know its not all women in WoW, but the sad truth is some use the fact they have boobs and a vagina to cover up being terrible. Friend of mine recently had his guild fall apart because two of the officers refused to raid if their lady friend (who mind you was terrible at her job) got to.

Honestly what I think most of these guilds mean is more along of the lines of "if you are a woman who wants nothing more then to use sad men to progress"

The question is not "Can a female all conditions perfect be a viable raider" the question was "Why are women discouraged in hardcore raiding". Lets not get it twisted

Having played with many different Female players while being in serious raiding guilds (probably around 20), I would only vouch for one of them as being "good". Everybody else got carried. Then it's all the Female players in the other guilds on the server(s) I have been to.

Every single one of them sucked (including Female players in respected World top 30 and top 60 guilds). I have also NEVER met a Female raider with the "I want to be the best I can be, and beat everybody" attitude.

I'm sure there are good Female Hardcore raiders, but out of the at least 100 I have seen/known, only 1 of them was good. To those who keep saying that you have 3-4 Females in your guild, playing better than the Male raiders, no offense, but I simply don't believe you
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2012-08-15 at 05:34 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Find 100 highly skilled men who play this game, now struggle to find 10-15 of females. Statistically that is worse than males
    Now count the amount of total females and males that play the game and I think you will find that a lot more males than females play the game.

From what I've experienced there are really no differense, if anything women/girls cause less drama than men. This is in a top 200 guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm female and have no trouble finding raiding guilds that suit me, whatever the level of sexism. I'd say if you can't find one, get into pugs and get your skill known!
    There has been no drama or anything around me for the entire 8 months I've been in this guild because I very much hate drama and don't feel the need to start it, I do notice though that they listen to me when I decide to speak, and that makes leading battlegrounds to a win *very* easy hehe.
    Being top dps often helps
    I have men kneeling at my feet, asking for my hand in heroics. ~Raechelle, Ysera

Armoury:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...echelle/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lohi View Post
    I'm not sure but doesn't Paragon have female as raidleader?
    Paragon has few females, none been rl's. Most know of xenophics who also is quitting game.

because then the lifeless guys in the hardcore guilds will start fighting over the imaginary chance to procreate with the female raider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Find 100 highly skilled men who play this game, now struggle to find 10-15 of females. Statistically that is worse than males

As far as everything else, I don't really have to break it down. These are the facts about women being discouraged in the high end raid scene. If you don't like it you're free to make your own guild
    The problem with your argument is that it is so full of holes.

Both Paragon and Blood Legion (amongst others) have female members of their raiding teams. Find 100 skilled men compared to 10-15 females is a pointless statement. The ratio of males to females who play WoW is ofc unbalanced. You keep mentioning statistics which is so almost laughable. Where do you pull these statistics from btw? Did you also know that quite a few females do not broadcast their gender in WoW (like I have in the past) just to avoid bigoted, ignorant and sexist opinions from immature 'males'.

Quite happy in my guild btw that is one of the top guilds on our realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Now count the amount of total females and males that play the game and I think you will find that a lot more males than females play the game.

From what I've experienced there are really no differense, if anything women/girls cause less drama than men. This is in a top 200 guild.
    I don't wanna be that guy... But I'm just going to say this goes against everything I've experience in WoW, and in Real Life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    A lot of these posts seem to be "a bunch of guys will like one girl, so it's the girls fault."

All my what. ❤
    Maybe its not the girls fault, but when you have no girls in the guild, You won't have the problems
    So why not just avoid it all toghether eh.

Some women are just bad, not all of them but a hefty percentage, basically they are saying, "we have not had any success recruiting female players who are good, so we do not want you." Which I guess if you look at it, sure it is kind of wrong, but I mean their minimum is 1/8H or 2/8H, which I haven't played in a few months, since Diablo Launched, but I believe the nerf is 30%, so if their minimum is 1/8 or 2/8H They are not very good. Ignore it and move on. If that is the type of guild you are looking for, there are plenty of other mediocre guilds out there. In my opinion, idc if you are a woman, or a man, if you do your job, show up, and are not overbearingly annoying or immature, then great we are on the same page. I hate women who use them being a woman as an excuse to being at a disadvantage in any game. If you are a good player, you are a good player. PERIOD.

I'm not sexist at all, but from my experience, females tend to start drama or cause issues. (IE guildmaster giving tons of loot to his GF)

But not all of them, I've seen a few really damn good female raiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Guilds that do that usually have shitty people you don't want to be around anyway.

Let em, least then they'll stay out of our guilds.

Most of the top raiding guilds have girls in them and in strong positions in the team.
    This kind of guild is rare.

Yes, some girls cause drama, but I think you'll find in guilds that DO have healthy progression they're kicked just as fast as a male causing the same amount of hoopla would.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

All high-end guilds have female raiders.

This thread is sad.

People need to grow up and not be judgmental man-children.

"WOMEN CUASE TEH DRAMAZZZZZZ LAWL" Yes, Because it is not like men /ever/ dare dream of doing anything to cause drama am I right? Oh wait....

Women are fine players at the game, and I know a few who are a whole hell of alot better than 90% of the population of WoW. You don't have to be a 320 pound fat,white,nerdy basement dweller to be good at a game, Guess what? You can have tits and game great just as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I'm not sexist at all, but from my experience, females tend to start drama or cause issues. (IE guildmaster giving tons of loot to his GF)
    That problem is more accurately classified as a shitty raid leader. If some players turn into stupid fools around women, that's not a problem with the women.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

My guild's co-gm is a female, along with her we had 4 more females on our 10m HM raid team, we kicked it off great, made good progress, no drama shit stormin'. 3 of them were excellent healers and 2 dps putting out good numbers.

the req's in OP's list is too sterotypical, heck, myself, i'd fail to meet their "requirements" since i cannot use vent or a mic. Authenicator required? hell its optional but that on the list makes me think the guild has several hack-saavy players and would hack on a moments notice if the guildie ain't doing well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoysBoysBoys View Post
    A lot of these posts seem to be "a bunch of guys will like one girl, so it's the girls fault."

All my what. ❤
    It's not so much that it's our fault, just that it's easier to remove the stimulus. Far easier to recruit for an all-male guild than an all-female.

As a female raider, I often don't see myself as one. I have frequently complained about other female raiders for many of the same reasons in this thread. In TBC I was bullied out of a guild by a female officer who saw me (and every other female who didn't completely suck up to her) as a threat to her relationship with the GM. It was a very confusing experience, but a large chunk of the raid team also left and together we created our own guild, which still exists as the top-ranked progression team on my old server. Since then, I've seen plenty of drama and stupidity from others of my sex...cat fights causing multiple people to gquit, GMs and officers favoring their e-girlfriend, and so on. It's that damned vocal minority that ruins it for the rest of us.

I was the GM's girlfriend once, at the end of WotLK. We lived very near each other (we now live together), so things worked out well IRL, but we knew there would be drama over it online if we weren't careful. He spoke with the officers about it first, so they would make sure he was being fair with things like loot distribution. If I fucked something up (stood in fire, etc.), he wouldn't hesitate to call me out or bench me for someone else. The guild eventually folded, when too many raiders had to quit for various RL reasons, and I'm sure there were still a few people who had no idea we were dating. What a majority of them still don't know is, there was another female in the guild vying for the GM's affections, which I knew full well about. She approached me about it, and we had a frank talk. There was zero drama over it, and we are still friends to this day.

*raisin' the bar*
    Last edited by Nah; 2012-08-15 at 05:46 PM.