Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    YUS YUS GIRLZ ARE BAD AT THOS GAME! WE NO SHOULD ALOW THAM IN OUR RIADZ!

now excsuse me, i got too hide before our female raid-leader finds out about this /hide

Quote Originally Posted by Chrom View Post
    Females are bad players whether they like it or not, they're unreliable, they demand special treatment and attention, they think they can get away with anything just because they're girls (and often do, unfortunately). Hell, I even have one female friend myself who plays mmos and she's even relatively attractive. You wanna hear the truth? When "that time" comes, she's a fraking bitch. I wouldn't let her close to not just raid, to any mmo at all. Outside of that she's all nice and furry even though by far not a good player. But you never know. It is much better to just take some guy in her spot.
    I don't think this is true at all. I agree with the sentiment that females probably tend to cause more drama or the drama is caused over them, but I don't think that it can be generalized as coming from their biology. What about women who have already gone through menopause? Or women who have irregular "times"? Or even women who have no emotional manifestation of that time? I have played with both males and females who expect special treatment or feel they have something that makes them superior; I don't think that's related to being female at all.

To address the point about females generally being bad video game players: Sure, that is often the case. But, again, it's not the rule. For a significant amount of people to still hold prejudices like these in this day and age appalls me. I say, get over it. Give females a trial, and if they suck, don't give them a spot because they suck, not simply because they're female.

Because 90% of hardcore raiders have no lives so they likely only have internet gfs if any. And once a women will talk on vent you'll have half the raid stroking it to her and not paying attention to what they are supposed to do. Also you will have no less than 2 guys trying to get with her which will probally start a big fight and maybe even cause the guild to disban. Even if a women explains she has no interest in anyone in the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Because 90% of hardcore raiders have no lives so they likely only have internet gfs if any. And once a women will talk on vent you'll have half the raid stroking it to her and not paying attention to what they are supposed to do. Also you will have no less than 2 guys trying to get with her which will probally start a big fight and maybe even cause the guild to disban. Even if a women explains she has no interest in anyone in the guild.
    And in turn isn't the girls fault, it's the men in the guild being immature, which is the irony in that "don't bother applying list" list from a guild the OP posted where it says no immature people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    In my last raiding guild, we had 3 females who wanted to raid. One was exceptional, and I mean EXCEPTIONAL. One was the wife of the GM, and one had joined as a casual, then started wanting to raid after beginning a long distance relationship with an officer of the guild. The latter two were so bad that even our exceptional female player starting missing raids because the GL and Officer would insist their ladies be included, then vote for gear to be given to them disproportionately. The other officers and full time raiders finally had to tell the GL and Officer we were not raiding anymore until invites and loot were fair and people actually earned their spot. The Officer left the guild (then came back after the girl broke up with him) and the GL just disappeared for 6 months.
    But the problem here isn't because females wanted to raid with you. It's because high-ranking members of the guild decided to give them special treatment. I've been a raid leader for a number of groups, and I would never give preferential treatment to someone based on their gender or relationship to me (even when I raided with my significant other, he didn't get any special treatment). If they suck, I'll tell them to improve. It's really as simple as that.

Correction to the subject header:

'Why do wannabe HC raiding guilds say no to females?'

Actual hardcore, decent guilds are fine with them. This is because it takes a mature personality (usually) to raid at the cutting edge; these types are completely able to raid with women without devolving into 'HURR DURR WOMENZ TITS OR GTFO LOLOLOL' stupidity.

Wannabe hardcores, on the other hand, can be completely immature and thus utterly incapable of dealing with women.

It's also unfortunate that I've seen a few replies in this thread state the reason 'because they cause DRAMA!'. Some women certainly will go out of their way to cause drama, sure (just like some men will do the same): that said however, most drama is caused because the men are completely incapable of dealing with women, as said above. The woman usually just wants to get on with the game: the men cannot allow that for some bizarre reason.

So, y'know. Let's not generalise women. That doesn't help anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    This guild must be sexist or something, because in my core we are 7/7 HM Firelands and 8/8 HM DS and our primary resto druid is a 17yo female who is extremely good at her class.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of guild will ask you to have an authenticator/cellphone ? Something is telling me that this guild is far from being serious, as keeping your account safe and making sure you are there for raids, is your responsibility and you should be able to keep track of them without having an authenticator. Also, I have no idea why you wouldn't allow female players in your guild. Gay community ? Who ever said serious female players couldn't be good at gaming ?

A lot of times a women will cause drama, it's not that they're bad, it's that most virgin guys can't help themselves. Even non virgins are like OMAIGAWD A FEMALE, BETTER PROVE MYSELF A HERP DERPALERP

That's just not true. Almost every heroic raiding guild I know of have female players in them. We have a girl currently raiding in our group too. I guess those guild's who auto-decline females just want to avoid drama due their members being immature boys who can't think of a girl in another way than a sex object.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Groblje View Post
    What kind of guild will ask you to have an authenticator/cellphone ? Something is telling me that this guild is far from being serious, as keeping your account safe and making sure you are there for raids, is your responsibility and you should be able to keep track of them without having an authenticator. Also, I have no idea why you wouldn't allow female players in your guild. Gay community ? Who ever said serious female players couldn't be good at gaming ?
    If they were a gay guild odds are they would have like 20 females, because every gay man I have ever known has had mostly friends that are girls.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience, it's about half and half.

While I have no issue raiding with a girl and have experienced progression with some in our group, there is always one or two along the way which just throw a gear in the wrench.

The ones which I've always noticed issues with is either a female GM or the girl buddying up with the GM in order to elevate her position on the raiding totem pole regardless of their quality. We had an issue with this where long time core members were getting the shaft from the new girl because she managed to get on our old GMs good side and tried so very hard to wiggle her way in on a raiding slot and get first dibs on gear only to find out that she has 'alts' in other guilds where she does the same thing.

...and when one of our old core raiding girls came back (who we all enjoy), well, lets just say the girl above blew a gasket as she took it as some kind of competition moving in on her territory and split after blowing up on us.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    there are females who are better in pvp than me. >>
    <<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    I dont have an authenticator and i never get hacked because i dont click on stupid links and use stupid programs so this must be the guild with the most stupid joining requirements in the universe.

Because they can no longer say "Ok guys, let's do this, we are men!"

1/5 of my current raid team are women and all good at their jobs even though all but 1 are healers lol.
    Geeky shirts/WoW Shirts/Message me to create your guild shirt
    http://stowellcreative.spreadshirt.com

10+ Year Old Account
    I can give you multiple examples -

We had one guy in our guild who was a total drama queen. He pretended like he had multiple personalities (he didn't) for attention, and called out his recount numbers in the middle of bossfights for attention (even though sadly enough he wasn't even that high.) He hit on all the girls that were raiding at the time in vent and was just really depressed about himself and was an awful attention whore. I gave him the boot because he was causing drama.

We had another guy who was a loot monster. Played a frost DK. No, a blood DK. Sorry, Unholy. I mean, well, his spec changed with every single weapon that dropped because, suddenly, whatever that weapon was tailored to was his new main spec. I kicked him, too, because he was causing loot drama.

We had ANOTHER guy who came in and started to try to schmooze up to the girls in the guild. He was a charmer, tried to secure raid spots by charming me and the other girls, tried to get items that way, tried to get gold that way. He got booted because I didn't like his attitude and I didn't want him to start drama that would lead into fights.

We had a guy that I just recently kicked out because he was harassing one of our non-raider women in whispers, sexually. Stupid drama causers.

To top it all off, the people in our alt group aren't terribly good. The only non-male in our alt group is my alt. The rest of them are kind of subpar players which is why they haven't been assigned to our main group.

And that's why serious, heroic mode raiders shouldn't allow men to join their raids.

Wait, this thread is about women? I guess it's funny, because I've experienced and equal share of bad raiders of both genders. Looks like the moral of the story is to fucking kick out the bad people, no matter the gender, before they start shit than to just hate an entire gender because your friends are twitterpated fuckwads.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    gah so much ignorance in one place. 'I've seen it so many times, guilds ruined by PMS' ...I've seen 99% of guilds ruined by men, not women. and saying 'oh they cause drama because guys love tits' ...why not ask your male members not to be utterly retarded, rather than banning women? 'oh hey we have racist members, so... no blacks'. good job!

I've never seen or heard of this before. Also, cell phone, really? I don't even share my fb info with anyone I don't know and like :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    I've had similar experience myself. In almost seven years of guild officering (if that wasn't a word before, it is now) and leading, younger males (14-18 age range) have been far more problematic than any females, by a country mile.
    We have always been hesitant about accepting applicants under 18 (guild chat can get pretty blue on occasion, and don't really want raiding to impact on school etc) and the few times we've bent that rule, we have regretted it.
    im sure young males are more annoying than female's thats why guilds don't want them either, but female in guilds is often problematic.
    Wether its the female causing it or not. if there is a chance to keep the guild trouble/drama free is it so weird to have an all male guild
    im sure if it was the other way around and more females played WoW it would have probably been the same with no guys!