Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really hate answering this and I feel uncomfortable answering it, though I'm not sure how to explain my opinion. A lot of it has to do with sexist and it's the age range of 16-21. Yet, that age range of males can influence older, immature men who have no authority over themselves. Agree or disagree, but males are flaky and considered drama queens more so than females. I know plenty of women who outplay males in whatever the role may be - this includes feral dps. Any raid I've been in with a female, they're focused and you have a bunch of twits talking in Ventrilo about gear upgrades or something that doesn't make any sense (if with a pug group).

Male or female, female or male it doesn't matter who comes first or who comes last, everyone is entitled to prove themselves. Anyone can be a drama queen, it depends how emotional one can get it. OP: I honestly wouldn't let it get to you. Keep looking for a guild and you'll find one. That guild needs to remove the whole "no female" requirement, because it's complete bullshit in my book. They should honestly delete this thread because that's all it's doing is bringing out epeen emos (not direct toward you, OP).
    Last edited by Rreessii; 2012-08-17 at 12:09 AM.
    "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. -Lou Holtz"

Because they are terrible at games, annoying, and cause drama. A large majority of them.

It's not worth it to sift through the trash and find a gem.

Is anyone else bothered by that cellphone rule too?
    Yes.
    My phone is like... for friends, family and work only. Not for people I simply am in a guild with ._.
    Last edited by Levicopter; 2012-08-17 at 12:09 AM.

Paragon have female so not every guild doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethee View Post
    Yes.
    My phone is like... for friends, family and work only. Not for people I simply am in a guild with ._.
    This no phone rule is also silly. I'm not being paid to raid in said guild. I understand progression needs focus of every raider, though it's just a game and not a job. With that being said, I'll do as I want freely.
    Last edited by Rreessii; 2012-08-17 at 12:20 AM.
    "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. -Lou Holtz"

That's one really stupid guild (you should name and shame them really), all of the progression guilds I've ever seen or been involved in have had female members. Generally more than the casual guilds I used to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?
    Hahaha :P

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Because they can? Not a good reason I know - but it's their guild, their rules.
    Pretty much.

And one guild doesn't represant ALL guilds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like Bob Marley said - No woman, no cry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    Ok let me brake it down, Ether they are sexist or more likely they are a bunch of guys who know they cant control their collective pants, and Women + err "amorous" male = drama often.
    yea its stupid of them but i see why they would.
    iv seen guilds fall apart after ages of being like top on the realm due to X broke up with Z, Z rages, guild sides with X or Z guild splits apart
    I repeat is stupid to exclude based on gender. if you are really worried about that do interview to determine the maturity of players male or female before you let them in!
    also please note I'm not implying in any way that all men can not control them selves or that men are the only ones who can't, I'm just saying it happens
    This, it pretty much sums it up. It could've been said a lil' better but it doesn't need to be.

There's nothing wrong with gamers who are girls (GIRL GAMERS on the other hand, the ones shouting out at every moment that they are a GIRL who plays GAMES...that's a different story).
    But as the above person says and as I've experienced myself over the years since Vanilla. I believe the MAIN reason is that girl(s) + guys in a guild always risks relationship. So many guys want a girlfriend who play games it's no wonder it's hard to resist. But considering that alot of hardcore guilds/players (me included) takes raiding seriously there's no wonder why the whole "let's not invite a gurl 'cause she might go all drama on our asses" came to be. Same as why it's common-sense to not have a relationship with anyone at your workplace.
    Don't go saying I can't compare WoW HARDCORE Raiding to work, because sometimes it truly is.

I'd say it's stupid to put "If you're a female (woman is a less sexist word imo) don't bother to apply".
    Cause if they're really fucking great players I believe it's worth that risk.

I'm also not saying there are no risks with inviting guys to the guild, tons of guys are assholes,dramaqueens douchebags or just fucking stupid. But considering one of the greatest risks (relationship drama etc with woman) is easily avoided with one simple rule "No women in the raid team", I'm not surprised that people do it.

Also it doesn't make sense for a TON of guysin this thread to go all white-knight and say "BUT I AM NOT SEXIST, WE LOVE FEMALES IN THE GUILD.".
    You won't get laid here anyways so please stop embarassing us all.

Pretty sure I got all I wanted to say, even though I said that MisterMxyzptlk summed it up pretty well I just felt a need to clean it up.

tl;dr
    hurr durr

If those HC raiding guilds want 'mature' people and they can't raid with girls then they aren't that mature are they?

I'm a girl myself and we have 2 other females (currently) in our group. They are both good, but I do notice that one of them, most of the time refuses, to do anything different then dpsing. When she started out on our group a few months ago and we asked her to pay attention to a certain aspect of a certain fight (cant remember what) she said 'no I can't do it, I'm a girl.' I said excuse me? I'm a girl and I can perform any role in any raid (almost) perfectly, that is a shit excuse. I don't know why we kept her but w/e, she is good at dpsing I give her that. She also takes our raidleader in a seperate vent room to 'talk things over', I have no idea what shes telling him and what kind of shit excuses she comes up with.

Yes I do agree that the majority of the girls you see in WoW are attention whores, but don't forget that in a random dungeon or even in a guild you never know if it's a guy or a girl. Some girls intentionally keep their gender to themselves to avoid the shit they might get, including me. Maybe the attention whores you see are only 10% of the total female playerbase.

I did a low lvl dungeon on my now deleted warrior a long time ago where the topic being spoken was female wow players. They kept saying stuff like girls shouldnt play, they suck. I then had to dispute them because that's just unfair... Just because you've seen the 1 or 2 girls that manipulate the nerdy guys to get what they want doesn't mean that all girls are like that.

I suppose you could also turn the topic around and ask yourself, do you want guys in your raid that can't handle female presence?

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to generalize here, it's just from my own experience. The women i know (and i mean ALL women i know) have to go to the toilet way to often. Like, every 30 Minutes. The guys i know do not have this problem. And if a guild is all about progression, i don't think they want to take a break every 30 minutes because someone needs to pee

attention whores + drama queens + don't accept feedback, and always takes it in a personal way.

every rule has an exception of course

You get stupid male players. You get stupid female players.

The amount of generalising in this thread is terrible. No. Just, no. Men are just as likely to cause guild drama. It seems to me as if drama caused by women is put into a league of its own.

No wonder so many female players are forced to pretend they're men, or refrain from communicating at all. Simply correcting somebody when it comes to their gender is enough to cause this 'drama', where the boys go nuts at the knowledge there's a girl amongst them, and then the girl is ostracised and banned from raiding because the boys can't keep their mouths shut?

People need to stop mindlessly generalising.
    Last edited by Geothermal; 2012-08-17 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geothermal View Post
    You get stupid male players. You get stupid female players.

The amount of generalising in this thread is terrible. No. Just, no. Men are just as likely to cause guild drama. It seems to me as if drama caused by women is put into a league of its own.

No wonder so many female players are forced to pretend they're men, or refrain from communicating at all. Simply correcting somebody when it comes to their gender is enough to cause this 'drama', where the boys go nuts at the knowledge there's a girl amongst them, and then the girl is ostracised and banned from raiding because the boys can't keep their mouths shut?

People need to stop mindlessly generalising.
    Thank god I have yet to come across such issues, in any of the guilds that I've been in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Like Bob Marley said - No woman, no cry.
    Correct.

I'd also add a no teenage boys rule.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Correct.

I'd also add a no teenage boys rule.
    My guild has one rule, and we are open for recruitment

1) No people
    "Oh, wretched ephemeral race, children of chance and misery, why do you compel me to tell you what it would be more expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is utterly beyond your reach; not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. But the second best for you is --- to die soon." Silenus

Deleted
    I don't see why guilds do this, just because their female usually grants an instant sterotype that they're going to magically fail somehow. However, we have female's in our roster and their some of the best people we've ever had in our guild. I don't think people should pre-judge, it's wrong and straight up rude

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzil View Post
    You know, 90% of female players in wow are just horrible raiders...There's your answer.

Please keep it clean and avoid generalizing genders
    Instead of saying that we are generalizing genders, same should be applied to the OP, not all successful HC raiding guilds have such requirements in recruiting, at least not mine.

Most guild are made of male players, and we all know what kind of guildies we have in the guild, especially the officers. Knowing the personalities of your guildies, officers will try to avoid drama to keep the guild functional. Sadly, sometimes avoid recruiting female raiders is a good way to avoid dealing with those possible problems.

Another possibility is that the GM doesn't want to be told that he is biased, there are politics within every HC guild(my opinion), and people will go out of their way to try and damage someone's reputation when things didn't go the way they want. There will be comparison etc, and it will only be magnified when there's a female raider in the mix.

I know the OP is upset about what he/she saw on the recruitment page of a HC guild, but seriously tho, if that's the case, move on and find another guild, it's not like you'd want to join them even if they make an exception for you.

Drama... fucking drama. Women don't have to do nothing, just their mere presence created drama. Let me tell you a couple of stories about women and why guilds may decide to not recruit them. Ever.

I raided in Inner Sanctum, Why Me and Apex for about 5 years among the top EU and world ranks, so I got some insight into the HC guilds perspective on guilds. These stories are things that happened while I was there.

First of all the pychological whore. The reason I say psychological whore, because she will manipulate people - as in male raiders - into being nice to her, helping her out and/or creating advantages within the guild for her by constantly dangling the possibility in front of them, that they will be the guy that finally gets to bang em. This is most effectively done to upwards of 5 guys at the same time, if you can achieve it, throw some guild leaders and officer in there for good measure. This creates a group of people that are constantly on stand-by, her stand-by, to do whatever and whenever, just cause they have a stick with gamer-pussy attached to it in front of them all the time. It is noteworthy that these chicks never give it up, ever. That is why they are psychological whores.
    We had this one chick that was fooling around with the guild leader, the healing officer and about 5-6 raiders at the same time. She was quite the multitasking talent since she apparantly managed to keep 8 guys entertained entire evenings long with messaging and private vent-talking during raids. The results were originally quite harmless as she only got pets farmed by her pathetic fanclub, or the occasional passing on item xyz. It all went to shit, when she realized she wasn't just a psychological whore, but a grade-A bitch as well. She made her brother act like he was the recruitment officer of For the Horde and contact our main tank about recruiting him. She and her brother set up a fake interview for him, while he still pretended to be from FtH. Well, needless to say he got "accepted" and transferred to FtH, where noone knew him and he slowly realized he was trolled. Meanwhile we realized we didn't have a MT for progression anymore (mind you, this was during the time that you couldn't transfer all the time, you had to wait months or sumthing) for quite some time. She came clear about her practical joke shortly afterwards, but was not kicked, because she send the guild leader nudes. Took first illidan glaives as well. Quit and sold account day after completing set. Fuck her.

On to the unskilled girlfriend. This chick is in a relationship with a raider in your guild. He will bug everyone, all the time, about her and how she needs to be made a raider from being a friend. Preferably this girl is already dating the guild leader or one of the officers, makes her life alot easier. We will progress under the assumption she is hooking up with on of the officers/guild leaders here. This makes your life insanely horrible in every way, shape and form. She will fuck up, because she is a low-skilled and completely unusable raider. You will always have to kill stuff despite her, not because of her. Pray to god you will only get fights like M'uru once every expansion and she is dying while you are on progression for it, because behold the unskilled girlfriend, when she needs to do an important job, you are not gonna have a good time. She will fuck up on such a consitent basis, that you believe she does it on purpose. She will forget healing assignments, dps target orders, movement, ability tooltips and keybindings. She will no doubt have no shortage of cute outcries about how she is terribly sorry. Every try. For 3 weeks. And she will have a insanely loyal boyfriend that defends her all the time and you can't do shit about it, because he is an officer. You will try to reason with the other officers, even try to start a petition with 90% of the raider core to get her out, only to realize that the MT, guild leader, raid leader and overall most important person in the guild is banging her and you can't lose him over a her-or-us argument during progression. Ultimately you work with the problem and stop working against it, though you do try to hook up your MT with every decent female you find to get rid of the cancer you are raiding with.

Last but not least, we have the actual whore. This type of female is actually not the worst of the kind, the unskilled girlfriend takes that by far. This chick joins the guild and send out nudes within the first 14 days to several players. She is the kind of girl that suddenly is living with raider x and staying at raider y the next weekend. She will travel, she will put out quite easily. Guys will do the same thing that they attempt with the psychological whore, but this time around it actually works. Most likely this type of female was abused in her childhood and has attachement issues, well she is utterly mentally instable to put it blunt. She will need the constant acceptance and "love" of her fellow raiders, to feel worthy thus making her easy pray for lonely geeks raidin in wow. The biggest downside to this chick is that you will need to deal with her after banging. She will have nervous breakdowns while staying at your house and tell you how she needs you and you are the one until you had enough clingy shit and push her out. Funnily she will have the same words for the next guy she is staying with. This will lead to moments when the entire vent channel filled with guys that banged this chick, after the initial awkwardness the guys get over it and laugh about it. That is when the problem kinda starts.
    When the actual whore gets around too much, she will run out of potential love interests. At the same time so many people will have had their dicks sucked by her, that everyone is talking about her all the time. she will drop into channels and things will get real quiet. people won't talk to her anymore, since everyone has a vid of her, nudes of her or banged her. At this point the actual whore will call everyone assholes quit the game, come back 2 weeks later and transfer to the next hardcore guild to fuck 20 raiders and repeat.
    This type of hardcore raider girl is actually quite acceptable. she will put out for all your nerds in your raid. thus making your male raiders alot happier in the process. this will lead to increased play until the chick has gotten around too much and needs to find a new guild.

the sole exception of female raiders, is the best one. it is a rare gem, it is to be kept precious. it is the perfect female raider. this girl is every raiders dream. she knows her class inside and out. she plays better than every male in the raid. she knows to keep fucking mouth shut unless announcing important shit durign the raid. she is insanely funny to hang out with, she will be like a bro, you won't even see her as a potential bang victim. she is just too fucking good to be true. thus she transfers after 6 months to whatever fotm guild there is, may it be method or ensidia. this chick is rare. insanely rare. you will not hold her long, because she is just shittons better than everyone and will move on to greener pastures soon. just be happy you played with it, so if you ever have to make a list about why guilds wouldn't want girl raiders, you can say at least one wasn't shitty!

as to all the girls i raided with, they fall into the first 3 categories, well except one of course. so, most likely every female HC raider will be in one of those categories.

tl;dr: female raiders create drama, don't recuit em.
    Last edited by UltimaKaiser; 2012-08-17 at 02:30 PM.

I have been playing MMOs for over 11 years now. I have played with females in raids in all of them and never had a problem with any of them. I have had more fun playing with women as well.

3 of our best healers in vanilla where women... and with 30+ geeks there was never an issue.