Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratanna View Post
    Please do not misquote me.
    Sure thing.

I'm not willing to take the risk of drama.
    It is no mystery that the best GMs are the ones that are able to devote all their time into the management/recruiting aspect of this game. I do not have this luxury. If I was able to spend that much time on it, then it is possible that Nebula could be open to female recruiting.
    [N]o female rule was to save time on the management end.
    I do not want to waste their time and more importantly my time if they will not be a good fit.
    But you're not trialing them so you don't actually know if they're a good fit or not, and you haven't really explained how a vagina makes recruiting take longer (shouldn't a responsible recruiter be checking everyone thourougly?). In fact you openly admit you're not even trying to do the best thing by your guild by recruiting normally because you have some stupid generalisations that you believe in. Your perogative of course, but they're your generalisations, it's your time, they're your choices, they're your responsibility. Shifting the blame onto women for what is your responsibility is childish, irrational, discriminatory, unreasonable and offensive. You can discriminate in his scenario of course, but you should also man up and take the responsibility for it that belongs to you.

Also:

Exhibit A. Classic White knighting
    This was your response to some poor commenter who merely said they knew some good female players. If you genuinely believe that anyone who thinks women can be competent players is causing problems it once again suggests the issue is your attitude to women.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-08-19 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    most bad players performance-wise or social-wise i've met were male, to be honest
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Sure thing.
    But you're not trialing them so you don't actually know if they're a good fit or not, and you haven't really explained how a vagina makes recruiting take longer (shouldn't a responsible recruiter be checking everyone thourougly?). In fact you openly admit you're not even trying to do the best thing by your guild by recruiting normally because you have some stupid generalisations that you believe in. Your perogative of course, but they're your generalisations, it's your time, they're your choices, they're your responsibility. Shifting the blame onto women for what is your responsibility is childish, irrational, discriminatory, unreasonable and offensive. You can discriminate in his scenario of course, but you should also man up and take the responsibility for it that belongs to you.

Also:
    This was your response to some poor commenter who merely said they knew some good female players. If you genuinely believe that anyone who thinks women can be competent players is causing problems it once again suggests the issue is your attitude to women.
    He doesn't want to deal with the drama that women can bring because of themselves or idiot guys... how is that wrong? Chicks can fucking wreck a guild with their drama. I'm not saying guys can't cause drama but goddamn the shit women can do to a guild sure isn't something a guy can do because he doesn't have a vagina to enthrall idiots with.

in my experience, girls who won`t shut up or try to be attention whores or just find a reason to talk are usually horrible players and drama queens that give good female players that will act like any male raider bad names. the issue is, most girls who play don`t play to raid hardcore.
    Last edited by La; 2012-08-19 at 03:48 AM.

we have a 10m guild and 4 of the raiders are girls... Me as a officer... If they start causing shit they will be subject to the same as any other raider... And the girls we have are very good at their classes... And if they arent they dont raid
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

why do they need people to be 21?

They don't. True HC raiders don't put up with that "I'm a girl, give free epics" bullshit, they don't have the time. Most of the time, those types of girls are weeded out during the application process, and women that are dead-set on actual raiding without all the drama get in the guild.

Most of the women in my guild are as focused, if not more so, on raiding than the men. There's 5, and they put up with less bullshit than the men do, which is why they get angry (and then laugh) when our rogues start chaining TotT on our Retadin/me so we pull aggro and die (Among the other antics we pull on each other during raids).

Quote Originally Posted by kyorai View Post
    why do they need people to be 21?
    Because drama. The vast VAST majority of drama has definitely come from younger people in my experiences. If the guy doesn't want to give women a chance, no way in hell is he going to give anyone who's young a chance. Again, I'm sure he agrees that not all younger people are retarded dramawhores but in my experience, a whole lot of the dramawhores weren't over 21.

I can't say I've ever been in a guild with a gender ban, in fact my current guild I'm building with friends for MOP has a female co-tank with our Warrior maintank. She's one of the best Feral Druids I've ever raided with, and very serious about her business. I remember being surprised to find out she was female the first time we spoke on vent all those years ago.

However, every guild I've ever been in has a hard and fast age rule. I agree on that whole-heartedly, there's a slew of issues that are perfectly valid from playing with kids that have nothing to do with personal maturity. From curfews, schedules of school to the potential for one of your raiders to just be literally grounded. Younger players just are a hard fit for a guild of adults wanting to make progression in their free time.

Add in the fact that a LOT of people under 18 online are vitriolic little shits, and it's a general no-no. I don't want Xbox Live getting in my WoW time, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    I can't say I've ever been in a guild with a gender ban, in fact my current guild I'm building with friends for MOP has a female co-tank with our Warrior maintank. She's one of the best Feral Druids I've ever raided with, and very serious about her business. I remember being surprised to find out she was female the first time we spoke on vent all those years ago.

However, every guild I've ever been in has a hard and fast age rule. I agree on that whole-heartedly, there's a slew of issues that are perfectly valid from playing with kids that have nothing to do with personal maturity. From curfews, schedules of school to the potential for one of your raiders to just be literally grounded. Younger players just are a hard fit for a guild of adults wanting to make progression in their free time.

Add in the fact that a LOT of people under 18 online are vitriolic little shits, and it's a general no-no. I don't want Xbox Live getting in my WoW time, thanks.
    I'm worried about the attitude of younger players as well, because I'm pretty sure most WoW players will be under 18, in MoP
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

I'm worried about the attitude of younger players as well, because I'm pretty sure most WoW players will be under 18, in MoP
    So you're expecting the entire current playerbase to quit then?

Because my entire guild thus far, and the entire guild I was in last time - and the guild before THAT were all over 22 minimum. Most of us over 25, and a few of us well over 30.

The problem with your style of debate and your 'fears' is you have no actual facts to base them on, you take your feelings, no data; and then blow your feelings out to false-data proportions equivalent to how you feel about them.

This is all you man. You are literally making up most of your own problems in your own head. You're convinced MOP is the 'kiddie' expansion when everyone who's played since long ago - TBC Joiner myself - have noticed a trend in the expansions, and it's a saying old as time itself.

The more things change, the more things stay the same. Everyone's screamed the sky is falling for years. Still haven't been brained by any falling angels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    He doesn't want to deal with the drama that women can bring because of themselves or idiot guys... how is that wrong? Chicks can fucking wreck a guild with their drama. I'm not saying guys can't cause drama but goddamn the shit women can do to a guild sure isn't something a guy can do because he doesn't have a vagina to enthrall idiots with.
    I would have thought having a no idiot policy would go a long way further than a no girls policy. If you can't spot a female attention whore who will likely cause drama for the sake of drama a mile off then you have big problems, and if one does manage to sneak in then an automatic kick to her and the idiots who fell for her devious feminine wiles is a very simple and effective thing to do. I remember in my old realm there was one girl who transferred in from Kazzak and you could tell straight off the bat was a drama seeking attention whore and this girl managed to be the sole cause of three guilds breaking up and the biggest guild in the faction to lose over half it's members and almost break up before people got wise to her and she transferred to the horde; really, who is at fault there, the girl or the fools who let her in their guilds?

10+ Year Old Account
    sry for off topic but why do they have "Not have an authenticator " on the list? how does a authenticator help u raid better =P?

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    So you're expecting the entire current playerbase to quit then?

Because my entire guild thus far, and the entire guild I was in last time - and the guild before THAT were all over 22 minimum. Most of us over 25, and a few of us well over 30.

The problem with your style of debate and your 'fears' is you have no actual facts to base them on, you take your feelings, no data; and then blow your feelings out to false-data proportions equivalent to how you feel about them.

This is all you man. You are literally making up most of your own problems in your own head. You're convinced MOP is the 'kiddie' expansion when everyone who's played since long ago - TBC Joiner myself - have noticed a trend in the expansions, and it's a saying old as time itself.

The more things change, the more things stay the same. Everyone's screamed the sky is falling for years. Still haven't been brained by any falling angels.
    Sorry, but TBC isn't "long ago", that was an expansion

The players I care about are players who raided pre BC (aka vanilla), such as myself
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    sry for off topic but why do they have "Not have an authenticator " on the list? how does a authenticator help u raid better =P?
    Account sharing becomes annoying if you have an authenticator. Without it it's so much simplier to have someone else play on said players account if he cannot make it.

Interesting. Our guild has recruited at least four women since I joined in March. We do have one member who makes comments, but everyone ignores him.

Our guild does not promote to core raider rank without an authenticator attached due to bank access. They're cheap, and smart. If you really care about your account and what you do with it, there's really no excuse not to have one.
    Last edited by Woceip; 2012-08-19 at 09:47 AM.

It reduces the chance that one will have their account compromised (which could easily cause them to miss raids)
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-08-19 at 09:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    It reduces the chance that one will have their account compromised (which could easily cause them to miss raids)
    The requirement is "Not have an authenticator" and not "Have an authenticator"

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    "Not have an authentiactor" is a reason to "Do not bother applying if you are any of the following", it's not a requirement to not have one...

What made you think that?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    You are misreading it.
    Do not bother applying if you are any of the following: 12. Not have an authenticator.