10+ Year Old Account

Video Card Upgrade Suggestion

So, I just got B-Day money, so that combined with my own paycheck is going to go towards a new video card today. I'm looking at spending at most $300, unless there is just an absolutely amazing deal for a bit more than that. Now, I may sound like a fanboy here, but I prefer NVidia, mainly because I've had bad experiences with Radeon cards dying and never had a NVidia card die on me. I also HATE Radeon's UI for editing properties and such... The problem is, I don't see any NVidia cards in the 250-300(+) range really, and I know nothing about Radeon's numbering system.

Bottom line, suggestions for a card please? I'll probably order from Newegg, since I got a 20$ coupon for my B-Day, letting me go even higher if needed. I just don't know what is good. Say a Radeon HD 7870 Ghz, looked good, but honestly, I don't know, and again, saw no NVidia's at that price point.

Thanks for the help mmo-champ pplz!

Edit: If it help, I'm coming from a GT 440... yea...
    Last edited by h3lladvocate; 2012-08-15 at 04:32 PM.

If you want a Nvidia card tomorrow is your lucky day, they are releasing GTX 660Ti which should be priced at $299.

Hardware sites will spam the internet full of reviews and after that you can decide if you want to go with the GTX 660Ti or Radeon 7870.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450