Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is beautiful!! I love hunting for mats, this change is great.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    this is a horrible addition...totally random thing that forces you to go out and farm random enemies?

btw this wont effect bots, only give them more options. they will create 'grinding' bots which are easier to program than gathering bots, and then trade in these stupid things for more herbs and epic items
    Yep, this will never affect bots, because bots will keep farming and farming faster than any players, and since crafters need to farm their own mats, they will need to up the price for craftables, even if they have poor stats, which makes it even harder for new players or poor players. Guess what, bots will now earn even more gold because of the inflated price on craftables and people reluctant to go out there and farm not just herbs/leather/ores, now you gotten farm the worst of all you could imagine done manually - "FARMONY"

Quote Originally Posted by SenSayNyu View Post
    This will hit botters very hard, imho.
    Ore is everywhere in MoP and farming it is much, much faster than trying to farm these.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the thing that they drop from every creature you kill in pandaria... but having to farm this with my 10 characters will surely be a PITA, add to that the dailies I'll have to do with all of them to get VPs and gear, I'll never be able to log out.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

I normally preferred to farm my 'elemental' crafting mats myself, I just hope that there are additional ways to aquire the new motes apart from just mob drops -- IE, a chance to drop from herb/mine nodes, skinning, ect. And yes, make them BoA, hopefully before 5.1, let alone 5.3.

Anyways, I like how this is kinda almost like Primal Mights, just without the whole "you need to farm elements for hours and find an Alchemist willing to use his/her transmute for you."
    Last edited by greyghost; 2012-08-15 at 05:04 PM.

Spirit of harmony.

Alchemy: Purchase an extra Transmute.
    Archaeology: Purchase a restored artifact.
    Cooking: Exchange for an Ironpaw Token.
    Enchanting: Buy reagents.
    Engineering: New mounts and personal goggles.
    Herbalism: Purchase herbs.
    Jewelcrafting: Use to purchase extra daily discoveries.
    Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking: Used to create epic items.

Hm,. so I'm guessing engineers, tailors, blacksmiths, leatherworkers will actually be able to make something useful out of it. (though engineers is questionable)
    All the others,,... are going to be rolling for greed hopefully, because that's going to be an insane waste of a rare material that could be used to craft epic items.

I dont know why people are freaking out. You going to have to lvl to 90 anyway and these drop from everything. Just make sure you loot your kills lol.
    what

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuchin View Post
    This is beautiful!! I love hunting for mats, this change is great.
    Love it too. Put some music on my headset and go kill or gather stuff. I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    All the others,,... are going to be rolling for greed hopefully, because that's going to be an insane waste of a rare material that could be used to craft epic items.
    Just to be clear: currently on Beta, you don't roll on it. Motes drop out of mobs and are looted normally.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Seems to be more of a profession enhancer, which seems pretty interesting.
    There is nothing "enhancing" about this at all. It completely knee caps those of us who have put together a network of alts to manage all of our professions. I'm not really in the mood to be out farming on six different toons.

This. Sucks.

I really believe the "grind" they are putting back into everything is going to backfire on them in a serious way.

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    This is completely dumb, do they realise that any sort of crafters will now charge a hefty amount for craftables?

This 'harmony' is the complete opposite of the wording, imagine you have a guild crafter and collects all the patterns, and now that person has the responsibility to spend twice more time just to collect these so called mats to craft for guildies, and since he's crafting for guildies, he wont be charging gold, so ye, this system made so much sense.

This is just the same as primal nether back in TBC, but primal nether has a purpose, and can be obtained through a team/guild effort, which is great for the game and the players because it helps create bonds. Harmony is simply asking you to endlessly grind mobs on your own, and I wonder how harmony is going to be distributed in LFG, because if people are rolling on a mote instead of allowing everyone to loot 1 when 1 is found on a corpse, it'll be so darn painful.

It's really a joke that Blizzard "WOULD CONSIDER" making it BoA in the future... it's obvious it should be BoA to begin with, what a brainless team of devs, they stated that they want to make this game positive for people who doesn't have much time and yet they create this garbage new system which requires endless grinding JUST TO CRAFT A PIECE OF RUBBISH(becoz we all know more than half of the craftables have terrible stats that nobody wants).

you have to learn to rlx. as a tailor i have learned that it all depends on the drop rate. if the drop rate is complete shit than yea this sucks but if the drop rate is decent (and it sounds like it would be by being on everything) these items will be plentiful
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaarsuviuss View Post
    I dont know why people are freaking out. You going to have to lvl to 90 anyway and these drop from everything. Just make sure you loot your kills lol.
    AoE loot for the win! Thanks Blizz to make it possible!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jb247 View Post
    I really believe the "grind" they are putting back into everything is going to backfire on them in a serious way.
    You don't have to grind mobs per se (unless you want 50 of those straight away, of course). Just doing the dailies and running dungeons nets you enough motes.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Should have been BoA, sucks it isn't.

Deleted
    BoP... Eurk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    You don't have to grind mobs per se (unless you want 50 of those straight away, of course). Just doing the dailies and running dungeons nets you enough motes.
    It sounds like you are correct, but it's still a grind for those of us who like to hit max level, max our professions, and then just make a bit of gold by crafting without having to do crap like dailies, dungeons, or farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Did anybody else think of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jXY264avHw when you read the post's title? I certainly did
    I havent seen that cartoon since I was a kid!

So many fond memories :'>

Deleted
    Cool, another reason not to come back.
    gg

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Not even close. I spent an hour farming and I got 12 motes. I need 5 spirits just for a staff. If you want an extra JC research, its 10. Its a bit ridiculous atm with the low drop rate.