More keyboard news. (Razer DeathStalker Ultimate)

Another extremely expensive non-mechanical keyboard, is this really what the market wants? Yes the Switchblade interface is kind of cool but still.

http://www.techpowerup.com/170518/Ra...-Keyboard.html

Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, set a technological benchmark today with the release of its new Razer DeathStalker Ultimate gaming keyboard, featuring Razer’s award-winning Switchblade User Interface (UI).

The Switchblade UI on the Razer DeathStalker Ultimate is the same acclaimed, customizable LCD trackpad and LED keypad combo introduced on the Razer Switchblade concept, which can currently be found in production on the Razer Blade gaming laptop and the Star Wars: The Old Republic gaming keyboard. This unique interface transforms gaming keyboard functionality into a customizable control panel with 10 dynamic, adaptive tactile keys that can be used to bind commands, macros, skills and spells for an unparalleled in-game competitive advantage. Each key can display any image by using Razer’s Synapse 2.0 software, offering gamers the smartest keyboard on the market.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-08-15 at 04:40 PM.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Oh wow. Chiclet keys. Why do people keep doing this, i get that it looks good on laptops but it's just bad to type on.

Anyone wanna start a peripheral company? ._.

As far as the touchscreen and buttons - unless that can be made to navigate the minimap then i dont see much usage for it.
    Last edited by Keller; 2012-08-15 at 06:59 PM.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Isn't this actually just the same thing as their SW:TOR keyboard? I could've sworn that thing also had an LCD touchscreen and graphic function keys in place of the number pad.

Edit: Yeah, it definitely looks like they just rereleased their Star Wars keyboard that's been around forever without the Star Wars cosmetics. I'm sure people will buy it. Razer seems to have gotten itself quite a following from sponsoring the right guys.
    Last edited by asb; 2012-08-15 at 07:33 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it looks like a cheap keyboard with an expensive led keypad on it. while i think the LED keypad is pretty cool to have, the macbook keyboard seems like a stupid way to utilize it in a standalone keyboard. a blackwidow with the led pad would probably have more people interested in it.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

10+ Year Old Account
    You pay for the brand, not the quality.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

And to top off the insult of a way over priced and poor quality keyboards, they're charging $350 AUD here in australia while in the usa its $250.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Say bye bye to ever using a mouse again, you'll be forced to have both hands on the keyboard with this one. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    "Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware,"

We, the computer section should seriously make a kickstarter to fund a proper peripherals company.

Dear lord. 2 cheap keyboards for "gaming" being sold at ridiculous prices on the same week.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

I always wanted low profile keys since my favorite keyboard every playing on was my old Logitech Dinovo (don't ask me why) and ever since seeing the Optimum Maximus keyboard, I though LCD keys was the way of the future. I'll tell you one thing, it may, but Razer is not.

I am so sick of their shit quality. I got my Deathstalker Ultimate in the mail and right out the gate, the software is as clunky as ever. Taking forever to load and plaguing my games with sensitivity failure and unresponsiveness. As soon as I took the keyboard out of the box I could tell the quality is nowhere near I expected. If you place your fingers on the key, it feels loose and leaning back in your chair reveals nothing but light bleeding from the bottom of the cheap keys. Hell, even the rubber wrist rest feels like shit.

They can say the keyboard is built to be light, but really its just a ploy to use cheap material. It is obvious the plastic use to encase lighting that should have been standard in all their keyboard (which I have dealt with not having), is nothing short of cheap, money pinching bullshit material. To top it off, their support sucks even more. You thought overseas support was bad? Their reps can't even form complete English sentences let alone comprehend yours.

I am returning this piece of shit to Amazon and I think I am finally done with Razer. I want to move to a new company. Does anyone have one in mind?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    "Razer, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware,"

We, the computer section should seriously make a kickstarter to fund a proper peripherals company.

Dear lord. 2 cheap keyboards for "gaming" being sold at ridiculous prices on the same week.
    Corsair. lol What more can ya say?

But definitely not the WORLD LEADER IN HIGH-PERFORMANCE anything.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Corsair. lol What more can ya say?
    What does that mean exactly?

Either you are saying Corsair is behind Razer or Corsair is a "proper peripherals company".

I ask because I have been thinking about buying the K90 and M90 from Corsair. Problem is I haven't found much info if they are actually good or not.