10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

How man complexes do you have?

I have a few.

Couple girls told me my head was to big.

My nephew said my forearms are short

friend said I had "preemie legs"

brother thinks my nose is big

cousin told me I had small hands.

I think I might be a dwarf from lord of the rings from the sound of things...even though i'm 5'8. Now i'm really self-conscience about all these things and it really bothers me some days.

How about you guys?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Those are nowhere near a complex. You're just different. You and people around you have to accept that everyone is different and that it doesn't mean anything significant. To answer your question though; i don't know if you could call these complexes, but i am autistic (Asperger's Syndrome), a bit of a sociopath and possibly bipolar.

You get over your appearance complexes the moment you realize that looks don't matter.

A friend of mine is short, fat and bald. Yet the moment he mentions that he's a child surgeon and saves kids lives on a daily basis, the panties of every single female in the room get a little wet.
    This guy gets so much ass you wouldn't believe.

Looks only matter if you're a girl.
    If you're a guy, just get your game on.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Then why do I remember these comments that were spread over 20 years of living?

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Then why do I remember these comments that were spread over 20 years of living?
    Because people tend to be generally idiotic. Our society is idiotic. You shouldn't let it get to you, because it doesn't matter, that's the point.

Deleted
    A person is smart, people are dumb. Learnt that when I was young.... when Men In Black told me through the medium of Agent K.

Deleted
    Oh dear..

My fingers are kinda long, making my hands look big so I almost never have long nails.

I used to have one about my behind after my dad made a joke about it's size and me sitting too much.
    I'm also a bit uncomfortable about showing skin and rarely wear skirts or something with shorts sleeves. I'm not even sure why, it just makes me feel kind of naked and uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Because people tend to be generally idiotic. Our society is idiotic. You shouldn't let it get to you, because it doesn't matter, that's the point.
    Heh, you're both wrong and right at the same time. You're wrong about it not mattering, but at the same time right in that the best way to cope is denial.

That's why lower rates of self-deception correlate directly with increased rates of depression. The less you're in denial about how much you suck, the more depressed you are. Pretty depressing to think about, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Heh, you're both wrong and right at the same time. You're wrong about it not mattering, but at the same time right in that the best way to cope is denial.

That's why lower rates of self-deception correlate directly with increased rates of depression. The less you're in denial about how much you suck, the more depressed you are. Pretty depressing to think about, really.
    I tend to not care too much about what people think because the mainstream culture is so full of shit i couldn't take any of it seriously. I tend to think most of them are wrong and this makes me feel better. Doesn't really matter if i'm wrong as long as it makes me get through life easier. The ironic thing is i still get hugely depressed most of the time.

I don't really have complexes, just things I personally hate about myself/body that are not brought on by what others have said.
    The worse I get is people say I need to eat more, which is more insulting than objectifying some random body part. I just politely tell these people to go to special places and what they can do in said special places. I'm not going to develop a complex and try and gain weight because some asshole can't recognize that people have different body structures.

You shouldn't care either. If you do, just point out their "flaws" see how they like it.
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2012-08-16 at 02:34 PM.

Sylvari Necromancer

none of you have complexes. some of you MAY have A complex.

Wikiy is 100% not a sociopath.
    neat thread, i approve.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are observations. It's your choice whether or not you want to obsess over them.

For example, I have a huge head. I can't physically wear baseball caps, for example. I'd have to get one specially made in order for it to fit me. Although I wish my head were smaller, it's not something that I particularly worry about. No point in stressing over features you can't change.
    Last edited by FathomFear; 2012-08-16 at 05:19 PM.