Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    True and all this spending is putting money into that countries economy which really can only be a good thing but still 50k for a bottle of wine? Could probably buy a bottle for a fraction of that and have it taste the same.
    It's not really 50k bottles of wine that raise my eyebrow, there's all sorts of 'exclusive' and very pricey things out there, and it almost comes w/ the territory. It's more the absurd prices for very common items that make me laugh about all this, but I'm sort of weird like that.

ie, if I won the lotto, I'd have no problems dropping a stack of bills for a Ferrari, but there's no way I'm paying 10 bucks for a coke

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    I love how this is the immediate assumption: they're rich kids of conservative, tax-dodging families.

Like... what? Assumptions devoid of context are basically troll-bait.

Most of the rich kids I know are extremely liberal. I don't know if their parents are conservative, but the kids themselves are definitely liberal.
    Because they're carefree kids. When they become adults they'll know how their parents got that money.

Everyone's allowed to be jelous and shocked at how frivolous rich poeple can be. Troll baiting is them showing their receipts off. Trust me, they dont need you white knighting for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Sinking
    "The act of one giving the finger to everything – bans, global justice, saving the planet and equality."
    Global Justice? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Taste is subjective. I'll grant you wasting, but that still doesn't mean that they should be hunted and hurt for no reason other than waste.
    Nah. I mean if you can afford it w/e. Everyone does not have the copacity to be Bill and Melinda, nor should they be expected to.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    This is pathetic, these people deserve to starve for a few days..

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Taste is subjective. I'll grant you wasting, but that still doesn't mean that they should be hunted and hurt for no reason other than waste.
    At what point does waste change from bad to morally wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That money would be better spent feeding starving kids in africa.
    I'm so sick of people trying to use this against others. How do you know they don't help the less fortunate already? Many movie stars get flak, but then people don't realize that they help A LOT of the less fortunate or donate to charities of disease that has affected them etc. And people love to talk. It's not like they are helping either. Hey, anything helps right? Practice what you preach.

Mathu - Probably a Methuselah - 8 standard size bottles
    Jero - Probably a Jeroboam - 4 or 6 standard size bottles.

50k for 8 bottles is much more reasonable.

/end sarcasm.

And as pointed out 3 The at 4 euro each is almost certainly Tea. 10 euros for each coke or water seems a bit steep though...

More people need to see sites like that.

The level of outright disdain the super rich have for the rest of humanity is staggering.

I honestly don't think most people believe that the super rich behave the way they actually do.

If more folks saw that THESE are the folks the Republicans are referring to as "job creators", I think you'd see more folks seeing through the spin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Wasting your own resources isn't morally wrong.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    IDK, we'll have to ask the moral police about that one.

Wells, what is your ruling?

People in different worlds, different income levels, different countries, different religions, etc, etc have different morals. What is the standard set in your application?

First, that receipt is in Moroccan Dirham. But, that's about 12,000 dollars. (107524 MAD = 12,011.48 USD)

I would never spend that much on drinks even if I were rich (In fact I've never drank alcohol)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Wasting your own resources isn't morally wrong.
    We'll have to disagree there.
    IDK, we'll have to ask the moral police about that one.
    No one said anything about force Dakia. There are all kinds of things everyone agrees is morally wrong that we don't want being forcibly stopped.
    People in different worlds, different income levels, different countries, different religions, etc, etc have different morals. What is the standard set in your application?
    Perhaps at the point where you're dropping huge amounts (by 1st world standards) on goods simply to destroy them?

I wish I could just have any of those rich kids for just one day. I would take them to my job and completely work them into the ground. I don't really want to kill/hurt them physically. I just want to break them down, I want crush the inflated ego and spirit out of them via really hard labor. Then after they can rebuild themselves and be more thankful for what they have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    First, that receipt is in Moroccan Dirham. But, that's about 12,000 dollars. (107524 MAD = 12,011.48 USD)

I would never spend that much on drinks even if I were rich (In fact I've never drank alcohol)
    Why would the receipt be in Moroccan Dirham?

The club they bought the drinks from is in France.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I wish I could just have any of those rich kids for just one day. I would take them to my job and completely work them into the ground. I don't really want to kill/hurt them physically. I just want to break them down, I want crush the inflated ego and spirit out of them via really hard labor. Then after they can rebuild themselves and be more thankful for what they have.
    Military service/training would do them good, I think. Altough I'm sure not all of these kids are spoiled assholes.

Deleted
    I'd totally do the same. Spoiled little brats.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    10 bucks for a coke?

Rich clearly doesn't always indicate 'good with money'
    huh ? 10 bucks in their world is the equivalent to like, ionno, 0,001 cent ?

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 08:28 PM ----------

Do you work in a coalmine or smthing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    I'd totally do the same. Spoiled little brats.
    Same question for you, which horrible place do you work at that one day would crush their spirits so hard ?

10+ Year Old Account
    lotta jealousy in here, my friends and i at the hamps are lolin

keep it up, we enjoy watching you plebes get mad because you can't #getonourlevelplease
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    They're buying things meaning it's going into the economy meaning it is actually helping businesses. So in a way, it is actually helping something, and I'm sure rich kids get hungry to and decide to eat a $100,000 dollar meal at a restaurant. Maybe the restaurant should donate the money they made that night to kids starving in some third world country.
    Well i would scrap inheritance so everyone human being starts life with 0

And actually money is work... like 1 dollar is worth labour so in essence they are spending labour, we all are.

Someone is breaking there back for these idiots

My belief is that people who earn wealth tend to be more responsible with that wealth but people who are born into wealth tend to take it for granted and can be wasteful.

Either way, that's irrelevant to a lot of conclusion and assumption people are making in this thread. First, why is it folks automatically assumed that wealth also means you don't know how to work hard or that you don't work hard at all? Second, why is it automatically assumed that someone who is wealthy is republican?