Why doesn't MB scale with haste anymore

I still can't get this through my head. They want to increase our single target damage without the risk of multi dotting being too powerful. So they do everything to reduce our multi dotting and subsequently nerf our single target damage as well. Instead of letting our resource generator scale with haste like almost every other class were restricted to a static 8sec CD on MB excluding a talent that should be baseline. The shadow portion of DI's only purpose should be a way to generate our resource while on the move or run the risk of being locked out. DP has been nerfed enough at this point to warrant the reintroduction of MB scaling with haste (granted DP should have been balanced around MB scaling with haste in the first place). DP no longer ticks for double the amount that it used to when they first introduced it, and they've nerfed the initial damage enough that it isn't critting people for 3/4 of their life. I really want to know Blizzard's thoughts as to why they haven't gone back to that, why they're avoiding it...I really just want to know their reasoning as it makes no sense to me at this point. And it would be nice if people with beta forum access could try to get a blue response out of this rather than voicing how much they dislike shadow here everyday. This isn't a complaint about our damage or anything, this is a complaint about how slowly we generate our resource. We need something and this would be huge.

Deleted
    Post at blizz-forum? :P

I guess I didn't make it clear...but I don't have beta access so I can't post in the beta forums. And I honestly don't expect to get a response from the PTR forums. I was trying to bring this up again for everyone to see as we had this in a beta build a while back and then it just disappeared. I was hoping maybe someone here w/ beta access could post this on the beta forums either in a new thread or in the beta class analysis thread to try and get a response.

Yea they have been really closed mouthed about that change. I went ahead and posted the question for you, but it'd probably doubtful that they'll respond since so far they haven't and they took it out months ago at this point.

Thanks a bunch! This was one change that I thought they made in the right direction and then they just take it away without saying a thing.

My understanding is that dots still scale with haste, right?

Blizzard SEEMS to have two models with haste. The first is the "caster" model, where you cast your spells faster (more apm and dps from that), but your secondary resources, whatever they may be, aren't really affected. Dots scale with haste, forcing you to reapply them more often. Your global improves with haste.

The second is the "melee" model, where your autoattacks go faster, but you don't have faster access to moves. Haste scales up your resources, however, increasing your apm. Dots do not scale with haste. Your global doesn't improve with haste.

Some specs live between these worlds, but if I had to guess a reason, it's because mind blast builds "combo points", and that's not the part of your rotation they want changing with haste- you guys are built on the "caster" model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    My understanding is that dots still scale with haste, right?

Blizzard SEEMS to have two models with haste. The first is the "caster" model, where you cast your spells faster (more apm and dps from that), but your secondary resources, whatever they may be, aren't really affected. Dots scale with haste, forcing you to reapply them more often. Your global improves with haste.

The second is the "melee" model, where your autoattacks go faster, but you don't have faster access to moves. Haste scales up your resources, however, increasing your apm. Dots do not scale with haste. Your global doesn't improve with haste.

Some specs live between these worlds, but if I had to guess a reason, it's because mind blast builds "combo points", and that's not the part of your rotation they want changing with haste- you guys are built on the "caster" model.
    Except caster secondary resources DO scale with haste. Mana for Arcane, Demonic Fury for Demonology, Chaotic Energy for Destruction, Soul Shards for Affliction, Eclipse for Balance, etc.
    {[( )]}

Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    Except caster secondary resources DO scale with haste. Mana for Arcane, Demonic Fury for Demonology, Chaotic Energy for Destruction, Soul Shards for Affliction, Eclipse for Balance, etc.
    Exactly, that's why I don't understand why ours does not. And by MB scaling w/ haste I mean the CD.

It does seem rather confusing to me as well. Considering we are now simmed to value mastery and crit well over haste (last I can remember anyways) we could use a boost to its value. Plus it would reduce the outrageous ramp up time for DP. for a spell that does at best 120k damage over its lifespan a 24 second cooldown barring procs is pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    Arcane spends mana with haste, it may as well regen mana with haste to not drop haste down in value too much (like it used to). Demonic fury is both generated and consumed faster with haste, meaning that demon form uptime (and hence, the whole resource) does not benefit from haste. Eclipse for balance does the same - both generates and spends more, except 15% haste buff is static, so haste does benefit its uptime (but that benefit is capped at 100% uptime), so the main part of the resource does not benefit from haste (uptime not affected).
    Chaotic energy and soul shards actually do benefit from haste, so no argue there.

Now, as for us, DP dot does benefit from haste, increasing the number of its ticks. Other than that, it's not involved. If MB scaled with haste, it would directly benefit the resource, which is not the same with the rest of the casters.

I'm just pointing out the logic behind this, I myself find the design of orbs extremely bad.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropik1 View Post
    It does seem rather confusing to me as well. Considering we are now simmed to value mastery and crit well over haste (last I can remember anyways) we could use a boost to its value. Plus it would reduce the outrageous ramp up time for DP. for a spell that does at best 120k damage over its lifespan a 24 second cooldown barring procs is pretty lame.
    There's a thread about haste breakpoints somewhere in this subforum, it explains how we should still stack haste. Crit and mastery go over it in benefit when you acquire 8085 haste breakpoint, which is sort of expected if you put this much into a single stat anyway.
    Last edited by Celentes; 2012-08-17 at 06:03 AM.