Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I didn't realize until now. (Emergency it's about my cpu)

My computer can run CATA by minimum requirement, barely but what about MOP, will it run the same.

What I have on my computer is.
    Pentium 4 3.8 ghz
    1 TB of storage
    3 GB of ram
    Quardo FX 4700
    Vista

Let me know if it will run fine like it does with cata. Thanks! BTW my computer is 7 yrs old.

If you experience say, 40fps in Cataclysm at the settings you choose, then you'll experience no more than a 5FPS loss from Mists of Pandaria at those same settings. It's only at the upper end you'll notice the bigger differences with their new shading engine.

Deleted
    WoW's relatively poorly coded, so yes, you'll be fine.

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/arti...ld-of-warcraft

Officially your system isn't supported anymore. But if you don't really have problems running Cata, you should be able to run MoP.
    Though I'd be on the lookout for a new PC. You can get a better computer than what you have now for relatively low prices. The people on the computer section in this forum are always ready to help

Go and spend a bit of money and get a good Graphics card with dedicated Ram, and maybe invest in some ram sticks.

It'll cost you a bare 500 dollars for the lot. depending on wether or not you can install it yourself, and what you plan on upgrading.

That graphics card is the major issue though, thats a very VERY old model in comparison to whats out there atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brentrich View Post
    My computer can run CATA by minimum requirement, barely but what about MOP, will it run the same.

Pentium 4 3.8 ghz
    1 TB of storage
    3 GB of ram
    Quardo FX 4700
    Vista

Let me know if it will run fine like it does with cata. Thanks! BTW my computer is 7 yrs old.
    To be perfectly honest with you, the fact that your setup still boots up is a wonder to me. it's more than a decade old tech man you need to spend them dollars, it's about right time to do so. Back in 2000 I still had a grandfather...

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

my only suggestion would be to go win 7 64 bit, as Vista only uses a very low amount of memory(aka you are not actually running 3 GB ram)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machriren View Post
    Go and spend a bit of money and get a good Graphics card with dedicated Ram, and maybe invest in some ram sticks.

It'll cost you a bare 500 dollars for the lot. depending on wether or not you can install it yourself, and what you plan on upgrading.

That graphics card is the major issue though, thats a very VERY old model in comparison to whats out there atm
    With single-core cpu and other old tech? He should just get new computer if hes about to upgrade.

CPU will be the biggest problem you will get in MoP. Specially at launch pandaria might murda yah. If you dont do raids or anything and dont mind 5 fps, you are fine. Tho that did cause me headaches and nauseas feelings. And I had better computer than yours that was 7 years old too (dualcore, 256mb ram gpu etc)...
    and it ran very very poorly. Maybe 10 fps on raids or with lots of people. Do yourself a favor and get computer that can run the game at solid 60 fps. Your eyes will thank you and you get to play cool(er) looking games. Just check witcher 2 for example

Edit: http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/ see the scores and have fun
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2012-08-15 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Pentium 4 3.8 ghz
    1 TB of storage
    3 GB of ram
    Quardo FX 4700
    Vista

With those specs, yes itll run MoP at a playable FPS. However, the computer being 7 years old, it really is time to upgrade. I, as just about anyone else might, recommend building your next PC, but if your going to go with prebuilt, go with a 2500k CPU or higher, GTX 550 GPU or higher, and 8 gigs of ram, try to get SSD if you can.
    Call me House.

10+ Year Old Account

derp

it will play the same as cata . . . if you dont lag at all in 25m Ultraxion you wont lag in 25m Elegon

Alright, thanks for the comment, I have been thinking about getting new computer lately. I have been looking through dell.com and there's a good price for XPS 8500. Cost only $1150.. What it has is

Quad I7 (3rd generation) 3.4 ghz (go up to 3.9 ghz)
    1 TB
    16 GB of ram
    Radeon HD 7700
    Window 7

Is it worth the money to get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks for the comment, I have been thinking about getting new computer lately. I have been looking through dell.com and there's a good price for XPS 8500. Cost only $1150.. What it has is

1 TB
    16 GB of ram
    Radeon HD 7700
    Window 7

That's a very decent setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    my only suggestion would be to go win 7 64 bit, as Vista only uses a very low amount of memory(aka you are not actually running 3 GB ram)
    This is not necessarily true; Vista had a 64bit option just as Win7 does.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 05:04 PM ----------

1 TB
    16 GB of ram
    Radeon HD 7700
    Window 7

You could build better for cheaper (check the build forum) but that setup is fine. I'd probably drop to 8gigs of RAM to save some money. 16 is overkill for WoW (most stuff really).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

What do you mean, it's very decent set up? is it ripoff?

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 08:05 PM ----------

I could build better for cheaper but what if I have one or two parts that is damaged within 2 months or so, no warranty for it? Dell does tho

That's a false myth.

If u buy a discrete Video Card, you'll have the 1 year warranty with the manufacteur of ur card. Some goes with every stuff of your rig.

My current gfx (ati 6850) was sent thru RMA, in a week Sapphire sent me another video card.

Skip Dell, they have been going down the drain at an ever increasing rate.
    I would honestly recommend PCs for Everyone if you dont have the skillset to build your own from parts from Newegg, or if you just dont want to deal with the hassle (as is my case). They will get your box configured and working per your specs at a decent price.

I would like to see a link of newegg that can build a box for me. If so, I'm willing to pay up to $1200 budget. I was being told GTX 670 is one of the best video card or is it not necessary?

Drawback to building your own system is that you have to troubleshoot your own problems. No bugging a company like Dell or HP for help unless it's hardware failure.

Bonus to building your own system is that you know exactly what's in it and you can replace individual pieces as you see fit. They can also often be cheaper than pre-built computers and you don't have to deal with extra programs you'll never use being pre-installed.

Drawback to pre-built systems is that you're often at their mercy regarding warranties, etc. If you have an issue, you have to call them for help. If you try to do it yourself (like your motherboard failed and you replaced it), they might void your warranty. Pre-builts, at least a few years ago anyway, were also horrible to upgrade as time went on. I know the local computer store near me that did repairs hated to do Dells because they couldn't really upgrade them very far. Their cases just weren't designed to allow upgrading. May have changed since then.

Bonus to a pre-built system is that you get tech support and everything comes pre-installed so you don't have to fight with it.

I've been building my own computers since 2005. One I have currently ranges from 0-8 years old depending on what part you look at. I'm just now looking to upgrade my motherboard, CPU, and memory. I'm watching prices like a hawk to pounce on sales. When I build a computer, I often get away spending $600-800. I rarely have to go over that, but I also don't replace things like my hard drive, CD drive, monitor, keyboard, etc every time, too. When you buy pre-built systems, that's often half the price of the system. If those things were removed, the prices of pre-builts would be considerably less.

Truthfully, if you want computer advice, your best bet is to ask on the Computers forum. Plenty of people there giving advice. Otherwise, do some research and figure out what you want. Pick the brains of employees of computer stores near you. Make your own opinion regarding things and just don't take what people tell you without questioning it for yourself. Compare AMD and Intel CPUs. Compare GeForce and Radeon cards. Each has their own benefits and drawbacks from performance to price. Personally, I'm an Intel CPU/Radeon GPU person. A lot of people are AMD CPU/GeForce GPU people. I know what both are capable of and I built my system based on what I do, not on what other people tell me I should do or that they do. Do some research. You'll save money and headaches for yourself in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a link of newegg that can build a box for me. If so, I'm willing to pay up to $1200 budget. I was being told GTX 670 is one of the best video card or is it not necessary?
    It entirely depends on you, if you're playing games other thaN WoW, then it'd be best to go for a higher GPU. But, if you'll be playing just WoW, and you wont be going beyond indie titles then it'd be worth to save up a few bucks on something you're not going to benefit from. Also as others mentioned you wont be needing 16GB of memory, 6GB/8GB would satisfy all your needs. And always pay attention to the maximum resolution supported by the laptop's display monitor.

And pay no attention to brand assassins. Dell is just fine, also, you could try Asus's ROG website to see their dedicated gaming models. Or MSI's G series. Although MSI's built quality can be questionable at times, I have a GT640 myself that works just fine, but you can make omelet on the heat it generates. I even play BF3 on it and SWTOR before I decided that it's not worth subscribing.

So it's entirely up to your desire, places like Dell you can customize your setup is very good. Don't really know if there are many manufacturers that provide rig customizations the way Dell and Alienware does (Alienware is also good but it's very expensive).

or you can custom build a desktop, which will be more efficient and economic. Performance on desktop PCs are much better. I always build my own desktop.
    Last edited by Darkfie1d; 2012-08-16 at 12:44 AM.

1 TB
    16 GB of ram
    Radeon HD 7700
    Window 7

I bought almost the same setup a while ago - and have had absolutely NO problems with it! While you can purchase components and DIY...if you're lazy like me, it's a good deal!