ELemental shaman looking for someone to analyze logs

Hello i am a top tier progression pushing elemental shaman and i am looking for other knowledge able players to look through my logs and help me increase my dps anyway possible. here are the logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...0/?s=122&e=381

Deleted
    Right, so when I do this I normally look at Warlord. Its not the numbers we care about after all but the execution. So...

WoL

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1100&e=1345

Elementals - Fire Elemental only down for 49 seconds, no Earth Elemental. Both should be vastly improved

Searing Totem - Only down for 56 seconds, you had a total Fire Totem uptime of only 32.8%. Really needs to be improved not just for your own DPS but because you and the whole raid rely on your Fire Totems for 10% Spell Power

Lava Burst - Cast 29 Times, all crits and fight lasted 245 seconds so thats one cast every 8.448 seconds. It should really be closer to 7.5seconds ish on Warlord. Let it go a bit because there is a bit of target switching. This could be improved a bit for sure though considering its base cooldown is 8 seconds even if you ignore Lava Surge

Fulmination - Cast 18 times, you gained 112 Rolling Thunder procs through the fight and had 10 Lightning Shield procs leaving 102 procs to be used for Earth Shock. Thats one cast every 5.667 (8.667 stacks). Thats really good. Basically bang on what you want.

Flame Shock - 94.4% uptime. Try to get it to 100%, you can cast it on the boss whilst moving to your position for the black phase and it should still be up when you go to run back in after the Black Phase is over.

tl;dr Your Totems are by far your biggest downfall. Fix that and your DPS will jump significantly - talking a fair few thousand DPS for you and your raid (higher uptime on 10% SP). After that better Lava Burst usage and work on your Flame Shock a little.

Armoury

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Notah/advanced

Spec - Your in a TF spec at the moment. Only use that on Ultraxion really. Its not useful on basically any other fight. Maybe Morchok and Yor'sahj.

Glyphs - Fine, make sure you use CL on Yor'sahj and Madness, and you use Unleashed Lightning on fights with more than 2-3 seconds movement per minute. Depending on your raids tactics this can range from a lot of bosses to none (depending on tactics the only movement you have to do might be able to be covered by SWG - thats how it works for me these days).

Gear - Everything seems fine. I have a feeling you could squeeze a little closer to hit cap if you download ReforgeLite, but its only 0.6% over. Your pretty okay though.

Note on LFR

Just a tip for LFR. You don't need to press Heroic Will. Unless your sub 50% you won't die. You can just take it and continue pew pewing
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2012-08-15 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    Looked at logs, for a few bosses, compared with my own. No big difference in spell usage, except I had slightly higher FS uptime, but that shouldn't cause such a big difference (for example on Zonozz, you did 45k dps, I did 58k and FS uptime difference was 94.4% vs 96.7%).
    Fire elemental though, yours didn't even live for a third of the duration and did much lower dps than mine and I see similar lower FET dps on other bosses which is weird considering your gear is slightly better than mine. Do you make sure to use it with prepot + full stacks on WoU + PT + lightweave? It scales with spellpower and spellpower only, and since it takes a snapshot of your SP when you pop it and keeps it for the full duration, it's quite important to make sure you use all SP/int procs on it.

Also, your spec is weird. At first I thought Spine hc spec, but that doesn't explain totemic focus. I doubt it's worth dropping ancestral swiftness and imp shields for a 40% FET duration increase. At least on most fights in DS where mobility is valuable or FET is gimped for one reason or another. Seems to me it'd only be an upgrade on Ultrax really, and there you're also lower than me. You've also managed to use fulmination more than I did, despite killing it faster and your average fulm damage is way lower than mine. When do you generally use fulm? Personally I always aim for 8 stacks, 7 only if it will clash with FS otherwise, 9 if I'm too lucky with procs. I'm guessing you use ES to waste the gcd when you use heroic will? I always tend to go with unleash weapon for that and it seems to work better. Ofc it could just be fluke and you had way more fading light than me, can't really be bothered to search through the logs for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ati View Post
    It scales with spellpower and spellpower only, and since it takes a snapshot of your SP when you pop it and keeps it for the full duration, it's quite important to make sure you use all SP/int procs on it.
    So i should refresh my searing totem when my int stuff procs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notah View Post
    So i should refresh my searing totem when my int stuff procs?
    You shouldn't refresh Searing on procs, but do save your Fire Elemental for int procs.

Alrighty so i just need to work a little on FS up time, lava burst off cd, and popping fire ele totem with my procs and earth ele

Quote Originally Posted by Ati View Post
    Looked at logs, for a few bosses, compared with my own. No big difference in spell usage, except I had slightly higher FS uptime, but that shouldn't cause such a big difference (for example on Zonozz, you did 45k dps, I did 58k and FS uptime difference was 94.4% vs 96.7%).
    Fire elemental though, yours didn't even live for a third of the duration and did much lower dps than mine and I see similar lower FET dps on other bosses which is weird considering your gear is slightly better than mine. Do you make sure to use it with prepot + full stacks on WoU + PT + lightweave? It scales with spellpower and spellpower only, and since it takes a snapshot of your SP when you pop it and keeps it for the full duration, it's quite important to make sure you use all SP/int procs on it.

Also, your spec is weird. At first I thought Spine hc spec, but that doesn't explain totemic focus. I doubt it's worth dropping ancestral swiftness and imp shields for a 40% FET duration increase. At least on most fights in DS where mobility is valuable or FET is gimped for one reason or another. Seems to me it'd only be an upgrade on Ultrax really, and there you're also lower than me. You've also managed to use fulmination more than I did, despite killing it faster and your average fulm damage is way lower than mine. When do you generally use fulm? Personally I always aim for 8 stacks, 7 only if it will clash with FS otherwise, 9 if I'm too lucky with procs. I'm guessing you use ES to waste the gcd when you use heroic will? I always tend to go with unleash weapon for that and it seems to work better. Ofc it could just be fluke and you had way more fading light than me, can't really be bothered to search through the logs for that.

His Fulmination damage is lower because he has 10% less Shield orb damage via his spec. Improve your totem maintenance and your dps will improve, simple as that. The only other thing is watching your LvB cooldown via Lava Surge as already stated. More LvB means more crits and more crits means more Clearcasting for 10% more spell damage.